Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 02:22:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST Tail chop kit... (show me). (Also the movie "Christine")  (Read 13051 times)
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »

You can't go wrong it that, it is the fastest color on a Ducati  waytogo

you meant to say matte black of course.... Cool

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Ducatiloo

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »

you meant to say matte black of course.... Cool

Of course the extra reflection of light makes glossy black a hair slower.    Grin

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 03:52:19 AM »

matte surface = rough = resistance = slowest.

Everyone knows there is only one color for a Ducati.   Roll Eyes   Grin

MsTek - there is a high-temp powdercoat for exhaust systems.  I believe both this and ceramic coating have been discussed on the board. 

Be careful with powdercoating the forks.  The thickness of the powdercoat makes fitment difficult (there's a thread on that too).

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 05:22:42 AM »

forks = hard anodize black.
dont powdercoat them, it will crush in the triple clamps and your forks will end up rocking you in the face one day when you hit a pothole.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 06:21:45 AM »

http://www.motostrano.com/ridubeco.html  <-- want but in black.

*sigh*  SO if  annodize the forks then I'd have to to the same to the swing arm to match all the blacks?  This is my concern-  The blacks must match.

Meh.. perhaps I should ride my bike out to someone in fall and show them my drawing and specs, then come back in bring and bring her back.  I KNOW what I want it to look like!! =D

"Do something each day that scares you..."
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »

The Rizoma belt covers are offered in black too. (but I still think stock black plastic actually looks better Wink)(or maybe carbon fiber)

Mixing different black finishes isn't such a bad idea - our bikes "should" look a little mix matched - on of the trade marks of a Monster is the rough and unfinished look, IMO. When it would be wrong to mix match, is if you had everything powder coated and only one item anodized - that would look weird. The right way to mix match is to make it look random (IMO).

laughingdp You really caught the mod virus fast  Wink

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »

^^  Lol.. not really.  But I know in my mind eye how she should look. I wish I had the talent in illustrator to do it.  There aren't that many changes-  just expensive ones (swingarm, forks, and exhaust).  The rest are easy/cheap in comparison.

*sigh*

Goat_Herder

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 02:13:14 PM »

matte surface = rough = resistance = slowest.

Everyone knows there is only one color for a Ducati.   Roll Eyes   Grin

MsTek - there is a high-temp powdercoat for exhaust systems.  I believe both this and ceramic coating have been discussed on the board. 

Be careful with powdercoating the forks.  The thickness of the powdercoat makes fitment difficult (there's a thread on that too).

Yes, Ducati is recongizable to the outsiders by one color.  But we all know that YELLOW is the fastest color in Ducati

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
psycledelic

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 03:40:38 PM »

http://www.motostrano.com/ridubeco.html  <-- want but in black.

*sigh*  SO if  annodize the forks then I'd have to to the same to the swing arm to match all the blacks?  This is my concern-  The blacks must match.

Meh.. perhaps I should ride my bike out to someone in fall and show them my drawing and specs, then come back in bring and bring her back.  I KNOW what I want it to look like!! =D

I have read some bad things about trying to annodize the swingarm.  I don't think the process bonds will with the cast swingarm.  I might be wrong, but it would be worth looking into beforehand. 

As far as tail chop kits.  I used the TPO kit.  It was only about $60 bucks and was easy to install.  It has mounting holes for a tag light.  I bought a $13(I think) Shock Racing LED tag light from monsterparts.com.   I also used the Clear Alternative integrated signal / brakelight.  Cleaned the ass end up nicely and wasn't super expensive.

Chopping this much will eliminate all chances of mounting bags. 
I know that the Ducati Performance bag (that mounts on the opposite side of the exhaust) needs the frame in tact past the second set of mounts that run accross the frame.  Past the brake light.  The rack mounts there and on the left side passenger footpeg. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »

So the problem once again is the forks since I am getting a big 'OH HELL NO!  BAD IDEA' with that.

How do we get the blacks to match.  The puzzle continues!

psycledelic

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009, 03:41:14 AM »

I would have to guess that a powdercoated swingarm and vinyl wrap on the forks would be the closest.  Still not perfect though. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009, 04:09:25 AM »

I would have to guess that a powdercoated swingarm and vinyl wrap on the forks would be the closest.  Still not perfect though. 

+1  This is your answer.  My forks are hard-anodized and they look great, but if I were to do it over again, I'd seriously consider vinyl wrapping them. 

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Celli

Ducati Codatronca

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 05:13:50 AM »

+1  This is your answer.  My forks are hard-anodized and they look great, but if I were to do it over again, I'd seriously consider vinyl wrapping them. 

+1

Ducati Codatronca: Concerto Molto Vivante!
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 06:38:20 AM »

I have no idea where I would get the vinyl stuff done.

red baron

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 06:58:27 AM »

Any sign shop can do this nowadays.

In regards to mileage, I soley ride in the socal canyons, and my light never comes on before 125-130. I'm running a full Termi setup with ECU.

I'd have that 800 looked at.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: