Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 02:17:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST Tail chop kit... (show me). (Also the movie "Christine")  (Read 13047 times)
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« on: May 14, 2009, 08:04:49 AM »

My poor bike.  Cut her butt.

The CORRECT bar ends should be here tomorrow (finally!)  Now for other easy things to do!

And I just thought-  I wish I could find a garage that I could work on the bike like that garage in the Stephen King Book/Movie Christine.  But not run by a drug and cigarette runner... and not having a haunted car.  But I want to do some work on my bike myself (so I can learn) and well... there are still some of us who don't have garages!)

Man, that would be cool. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:15:30 AM by MsTek » Logged

"Do something each day that scares you..."
Ducatiloo

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »

I would love to a bike like with Christine's personality.  No one would mess with her.  I liked the Garage in F&F Tokyo Drift, best part of the movie IMO

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:33:16 AM »

Oh god  no... my bike needs NO MORE PERSONALITY.

She's slipping into (and out of) neutral more often now.  She did it to me on Tuesday when I was doing a turn.  Great timing there.  I might throw a glass of red wine in the tank next time I fill her. Not sure what her problem is.

OH...

and I ONLY get 80-93 miles before my fuel light comes on. For some reason, this seems VERY WRONG to me.

Ducatiloo

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:39:03 AM »

My first few tanks with my S2R I only got about 90.  After about 500 miles I started getting 110-125 depending on how I gentile I was.

I think Ducatista has the best tail chop.  I'm looking for a pic of her bike.

Try race shifting where when you shift hold the lever with your foot until you let release the clutch.  This helped me.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:44:39 AM by Ducatiloo » Logged

faolan01

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:45:32 AM »

I have a buddy whose car has Christine's personality...1963 Buick Riviera that lets people know if she doesn't like them.  Grin If certain people are allowed in she starts backfiring, sputtering, and the brakes act up. Within 5 minutes of any of those people getting out she's running perfectly again.

oh, and the day he bought her I went over to take a look. while we were sitting in her discussing what work needed to be done the radio turned on, played half the song from Christine, then turned off again....without us touching anything, and with the keys in the house. All sorts of glad I'm one of the people she likes lol waytogo
Mr Earl

2003 M800 Dark

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 09:46:46 AM »

I have no haunted vehicle stories (house, yes).  I do have a garage - with just enough room carved out of the accumulated crap to work on the bike.

You may want to consider switching oil brand and see if it affects the neutral-slip problem.  When I went from MX4T to Shell Rotella T Synthetic, the false neutrals I used to get all the time disappeared.

Leo Vince CF slip-ons, '01 SS900 fully adjustable Showa forks w/ST2 springs, rebuilt S4 shock w/Ohlins spring, 748 dog bone, Swatt clip-ons above the triple, Sargent seat, Duplicolor-Dark seat cowl, Rizoma grips, Techlusion TFI, SBK front fender, Evoluzione slave, BMC sport air filter, 14-tooth sprocket, Desmotimes caseguard, S2R side panels, Pantah belt covers, fake CRG LS mirrors, extra black zip-ties, right grip control imprint on tank, de-cannistered, Ducati Meccanica Bologna key ring
yotogi

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 11:30:21 AM »

90'ish on a tank before the light comes on in city driving isn't bad. If I am not in traffic or pushing it, I can get 120, but that is rare.

Popping out of gear? Dunno on that one.

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »

I was reading somewhere that I should get 125 about...

But yeah.. I live in Chicago.  I guess I understand.  She's taking a break right now and I'm using my bicycle because I remember that is what keeps me in better shape.  She was supposed to be just for fun anyway... I ride her a little too much. =p

ProTeal55

HalfFastChicago.Com

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »

I got my tail chop "kit" from a guy who went by the name of "cookie" on the old Monster forum..

ProTeal55 a.k.a JoeyCocks a.k.a Joe
Member: Half Fast Chicago

http://www.HalfFastChicago.com
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 01:24:50 PM »

How many miles on the bike? I believe fuel consumption lessens (MPG goes up) after the first service, but that's usually at about 600 mi. Try different oil for bikes with wet clutch troubles, and its supposed to help out a lot. If you use anything from Autozone, make sure it is specifically for motorcycles - Mobil 1 is not the same as Mobil 1 Motorcycle, fyi - lot of folks make that mistake (but only once!).

Different weight oils also make the wet clutch behave differently.

Ducatiloo

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

IMO the closest to the cookie is the Competition Werkes

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

I have no idea what is in her-  She just had her 6000 service.  I did make a point to check all the levels on the bike the other day too because she's smelling a little funny-  I expect her to smell of gasoline- she was smelling more oily-electrical.

I wish I could put her up on a center stand and just turn her on and watch and see if something looks amiss. She's been garaged all winter and I dunno how much use she got with her previous owner.  This IS my first Ducati so maybe it's nothing.  I just don't like seeing her slip into neutral on a turn.

I have a friend coming into town next month who knows bikes. I may bribe him to take a look at her for me and risk the 45 mins "stud" lecture I'm going to have to hear after it for the sake of my safety.  Or maybe get a beer to shut his trap up after he does me this favor.  I just want to be sure he shows me what he's doing.  You know guys-  they like to keep their secrets from the women in case we show them up once we understand. Wink
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 01:35:01 PM by MsTek » Logged

junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 01:37:03 PM »

hmm, so that's past the service I was thinking of. Mileage been at this level the entire time you've had the bike?

If so, got slip-ons? (Exhaust) or Open Airbox? Anything that affects the air-fuel mixture can sometimes adversely affect gas mileage if the ECU or Carb isn't informed of the changes.

if the dealer did the oil change, that might not be the culprit either, but might be worth a shot anyhow. How firm a click up-wards are you giving it prior to leaning into the turn? (Or is it on the next upshift as you exit said turn?)

I switched to the reverse-shift (GP Pattern) a few years ago because I didn't like all that linkage business. Now shifting is much more positive. But you have to remember "down is up, and up is down" forever after, which may make multiple-bike ownership more difficult. Just a thought. (If you go this route, might I suggest the shorter, designed for Monsters reverse shifter from Slingshot Racing)

RBX QB
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 01:43:32 PM »

I got my tail chop "kit" from a guy who went by the name of "cookie" on the old Monster forum..

Monsterparts sells the Cookie Kit, and the Comp Werkes.

http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/COOKIEKIT/Accessories/COOKIEKIT.html
http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/1DMON/Accessories/1DMON.html
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 01:46:41 PM »

FYI: go to your local HD dealership and pick up the Buell taillight, it'll be almost identical to yours, but the bottom will be clear, allowing for license plate illumination, which is required in many states. Its a dirt cheap part, and they likely even have one in stock.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: