Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 26, 2024, 01:59:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House Fire = No More Monster  (Read 23474 times)
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2009, 06:36:33 AM »

Replying via iPhone until Monday when we move into our temporary home. I also get to fight it out with the adjuster on Monday to see how much money we will get for our personal property.
Guys, I really want to thank you for the offer of donations towards a new bike, I just can't accept. It means so much to me that people I have never met could be so gracious, but please understand. The main reason is that financially, I can't justify a new one. Last July I was laid off from a really decent job where I made great money as a chef. My new job is paying me about 40% less than the prior... but hey, at least I have a job.
Second, next summer when my gf finishes med school we are planning a move out west which is where all of my money is directed. I'm also about 5k in the red from when I was on unemployment for 5 months. To me, it just seems like the bike will have to wait about two years until I get back on my feet.
I can't thank you all enough for the continuing support of me and my family. I know everything is going to work out for us in the end.  waytogo 

just so ya know.......... nev'a ev'a ev'a tell these people thanks but no thanks. it makes them do crazy stuff.   Wink

I know Cool

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Chchadder

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2009, 06:38:35 AM »

+1 on using it however you feel like.  And BP knows well how persistent and even sneakily benevolent the peeps on this board can be.   Smiley

09 Triumph Daytona 675 - Rocket -
07 695 Custom Dark - Sold -

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. ~Hunter S. Thompson
NAKID

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

just so ya know.......... nev'a ev'a ev'a tell these people thanks but no thanks. it makes them do crazy stuff.   Wink

I know Cool

Tell me about it!

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »

A stubborn bunch, we are.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »

Another contribution for general fire relief fund sent. waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
trenner

« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2009, 08:52:55 AM »

If he won't except money, why not give him this http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=16106.0 ?
And then give money to MrIncredible.

Win-Win  Grin

It's a clever plan, but let's just see whether the pending sale for that beauty falls through first, shall we?

Cheesy
GLantern

08 Red 1098, 07 DRZ400S

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2009, 09:56:27 AM »

Donation sent, hope your luck starts getting better  waytogo

"Just ride and never ever look back"

www.suspectsunlimited.com
thejsnide

The Pastry Chef

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2009, 12:35:55 PM »

Hello DMF... 

We moved into our temporary home on Saturday which was two days earlier than expected, so that's good.  It's a really nice place in the neighborhood across the street from where our old house was.  I went and spoke with the insurance adjuster earlier today, and he couldn't have been nicer.  I have begun making a list of everything I owned that was destroyed by the fire, this will be fun!  Roll Eyes  The restoration company has pretty much moved everything out of our house to begin the cleaning and restoration process.  My clothes were returned to me today free of the awful smoke smell.
Things are starting to finally turn around. waytogo  For example, I won tickets to go see POISON on the radio today, which was rather comical.  laughingdp Anyway, I have received some donations from some of you, and I cannot express in words how thankful and appreciative I am.  It still blows me away that people I have never met (and may never) can be so courteous and helpful, I really can't thank you all enough for the support and for letting me vent a little. I will keep you guys posted on any new information I receive and on how the process unfolds.  I'll say it again, I really just cannot thank you guys enough for the support...

Jordan

Turn it off man, turn it off!  It's sucking my will to live!
NAKID

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2009, 01:55:29 PM »

It's what we do here. I have been on the receiving end of the generosity here and will do what I can to help out fellow riders in their time of need any way I can.

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Chchadder

« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »

Glad its starting to turn around.  It always does.   Smiley

09 Triumph Daytona 675 - Rocket -
07 695 Custom Dark - Sold -

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. ~Hunter S. Thompson
sroberts152
Say hello to my

« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2009, 03:25:08 PM »

I guess its better seeing poison than say... Rock Master Scott & The Dynamic Three.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Roof_Is_on_Fire  or Talking Heads and hearing "Burning down the house". 

I'm glad you are ok and as long as you have that you can get back to where you were.  Stay in good spirits.
Labbedds

« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2009, 09:35:38 PM »

I hope things turn around for you, and only thing that matters is you and the lady are ok.  Congrats on her getting out of med school, it'll all be worth it!  The new bike will come, and about the donation thing, it's all about passing it along  waytogo

Wawawiwa
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2009, 02:46:02 AM »

I just sent the first installment to thejsnides via paypal.

Keep 'em coming. waytogo

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

w7ck7d

The DUCtOr

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »

Hey guys i just red the article..so how do i contribute?

09' 696 Black
94' BRONCO 5.8 EB
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2009, 01:43:16 AM »

Hey guys i just red the article..so how do i contribute?

send a PM to ducpainter and he'll give you the info  waytogo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: