Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:35:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire ratings  (Read 215401 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

You're welcome Spck31

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
R0CKETMAN

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2011, 04:21:38 PM »

I'm blessed to live 5.4 miles from some of the best mountain twist anywhere. This accounts for 90% plus of my riding.

I've been running the 2ct's for around 2k now. They are wearing super even and once to temp are quite grippy.

I may opt for something even more stick prone, but only if I can justify the switch. Really diggin these shoes.

"Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »

Pirelli Angel ST's

Now at ~6400 miles on the front, ~8500 on the rear.
Vast majority of mileage is commuting.

Rear tire has about a 2" wide flat spot in the center.
Front is getting a little cuppy.

Tread depth on the rear is about 3mm, but tread doesn't go all the way to the center.
Tread depth on the front is 3mm at the center.
Had 5mm of rear tread at 5k miles.
Seems a pretty safe bet that the rear will go over 10k.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »

Putting new Pirelli Rosso Corsas on the Monster. Got  'em cheap. Took 'em off the track bike and put Pirelli SBK slicks on instead. Probably last 5 minutes, but will be a hell of a lot of fun!

Replacing worn out Q2s and the difference in the size of the 180 rears is substantial. The rear Q2  looks like a 190 in comparison. I'll have better chain clearance with the Rosso Corsas. Edit: there is s good 10-15mm clearance from the chain, whereas the Q2s gave barely 5mm clearance. The Rosso Corsa front is also not s tall tyre.

Just shows that different makes of tyres with the same numbers messure different in profile, width and shape.

We'll see how long they last.

Well I have put a few hundred miles on them and they feel very confidence inspiring.

I can say that they are the best tyres I have ever used bar race slicks off the warmers. Excellent feel and feedback, they steer with precision and respond very quickly to steering imputs, but did not fall in like I thought they might, which is good. The feedback on turn in is excellent. The grip and confidence that goes with them is great.There is a sure footed feel accompanied with great agility. That dual trait is very impressive.

I have not used them in the wet and the tread is that of a cut slick, minimal but more than a Power One!

Like I have said, I don't think they will last long.

If money is no option and you must have the stickiest sports tyre, then I can recommend them, (I was just lucky to get them).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:12:51 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
bdub

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »

Speeddog - what psi are you running? I've got a flat spot on my angel ST's about 2" and bumped the pressure up to 40. Seemed to help. Forgot the mileage but have been impressed so far with mine

I ride like a pussy so mine don't wear  edge to edge.

2005 900ie
now with mivv s'

Y2K  M900 ie  totaled  10/09/08
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2011, 05:28:47 PM »

I run about 34 or 35 psi in the rear Angel.

I've got almost 10k on the rear, fitted it just a bit over a year ago.
Almost a 2" flat spot in the center.

I'm guessing the roads that I'm normally on just aren't very abrasive.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »

Conti Sport Attack  waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo
6OOO Klm so far and hardley worn ,amazing grip in dry or wet all the way to the now non existant chickens.
Heat up fast and feel nice and sticky when you run your hand over them after a short ride.
Reasonably fast tip in but very stable through a corner, unlike the PP Pures  vomit
Which were unstable and very scary after only half worn after to many heat cycles they went hard and slippery.
I will be getting these again and will also put a set on the wife's Monster.
Seriously good Tyre check out this review  http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/tires/conti-sport-atk-rev.php
Greg

« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2012, 07:55:28 AM »

Switched to Dunlop Q2s recently and have to say these tires are great. Have done 1 track day on them and just love the grip they give. Also seem to wear better than the Bridgestone BT-016s that I was previously running.

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
Mhanis

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »

Does anyone have any experience with the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II's? I am ready for front/rear on my M1100 and thought I would give these a try. I probably do 80% commuting. 17,000 miles total in 2 years.

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »

I had great experience with the D220 and the RoadSmarts . . . great on dry and wet .  .  .

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Smokescreen

« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

Living on angeles crest, I rode out a set of pilot road 2cts in 3000 miles, twice, then went to Sportmax GPs when I moved to colorado and low speed highsided during take-off because the tires wouldn't heat up enough to ride...  I'm on Road 2CTs again.  On the mountain, I wore through to belts front and rear on the sides of the tires.  I doubt I'll have that problem here

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Mhanis

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2012, 05:37:43 AM »

I finally had the Dunlop Roadsmart II's fitted to my '09 M1100. Unfortunately when they called to tell me my bike was ready for pickup I was pretty deep into a HEAVY rum & coke so the bike will sit there until Tuesday.

I have just over 18,000 miles on the bike and do about 80% commuting, I'll let you know how they hold up.

Mark

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
bdub

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »

Cords starting to show in my angel ST rear with a little over 7000 miles. Sides are practically unused.
Need to lean more often. I'm planning on replaceing with the same thing. Front is good. Anybody have  a suggestion other than another angel ?

bdub

2005 900ie
now with mivv s'

Y2K  M900 ie  totaled  10/09/08
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »

Cords starting to show in my angel ST rear with a little over 7000 miles. Sides are practically unused.
Need to lean more often. I'm planning on replaceing with the same thing. Front is good. Anybody have  a suggestion other than another angel ?

bdub

Same I got a few years ago . . . keep them paired

Carlos
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2012, 09:00:32 AM »

Crap.

I made a bet with someone that the angel st I ordered wouldn't last 5000 miles on my KTM.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: