Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:30:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire ratings  (Read 215360 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »

Crap.

I made a bet with someone that the angel st I ordered wouldn't last 5000 miles on my KTM.

so ....

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2012, 09:04:14 AM »

I don't have full confidence ill win.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »

Sounds like donut time. 

(We'll need video.  popcorn )

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »

Sounds like donut time. 

(We'll need video.  popcorn )

what he said . . .

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2012, 09:35:32 AM »

No burnouts was one of the rules. . .

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »

No burnouts was one of the rules. . .

so . . . we have to put miles on tit . . . gotta ride  . . . lots
slide in turns lots . . .just ride ! ! !

Carlos
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2012, 09:42:23 AM »

Well, here's the thing.  People talked about getting 7-8000 miles out of a pilot road 2 on bikes like mine (like an s4r, twin, 4v, dohc)

I got 5500 and that was a stretch.

I never get what other people get.  Ever.

I use a lot of throttle, and a lot of engine braking.  Both of those eat rubber.

I'm just doomed to buying a rear tire every year and a front every other year (fronts seem to last a while)

Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2012, 09:45:21 AM »

(fronts seem to last a while)

Given how much time they spend in the air, I'm not terribly surprised.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2012, 09:47:47 AM »

KTM's built in tire saver.

They respect the environment Cheesy

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2012, 09:48:57 AM »

Well, here's the thing.  People talked about getting 7-8000 miles out of a pilot road 2 on bikes like mine (like an s4r, twin, 4v, dohc)

I got 5500 and that was a stretch.

I never get what other people get.  Ever.

I use a lot of throttle, and a lot of engine braking.  Both of those eat rubber.

I'm just doomed to buying a rear tire every year and a front every other year (fronts seem to last a while)

I got 2500kms from the first Pirelli OEM Diablo I got with the bike , , , don't ask please . .. Then I got a set of Dunlop Qualifiers not the new ones . .  got about 7000kms of the rear got a new one and at about 2500kms had the accident where the front had a cut so had to replace them . . under a lot of advice from this forum and pm, got a set of Michelin Power Pilot, series 1, great tires . . . jsut after 1000kms[600mls] at last got the little hairs cmnpletely off great grip, had to lear they're not as round as Dunlop or Pirelli so leaning was faster . . .have been playing around with tp to find them . . . hope to do it soon . .  cause now,. I'll have to set up for wet  . . . but avg for me has been 5000mls rear . . . so, either I do not know how to ride or what cause I dont rip the bike when I'm on it . .

Carlos
bdub

« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2012, 05:17:00 AM »

Just put on a new rear angel. Sides were perfect, center cords showing slightly.
Got 6,878 miles on the old one. Since I don't lean that much (commuting, cruising around,stuff like that). I real happy, the grip is beyond my riding skills and rain running is a non-issue.

Great tires, not as grippy as the corsa 3's I switched from but still beyond my skill level.

2005 900ie
now with mivv s'

Y2K  M900 ie  totaled  10/09/08
Nero-92

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »

I now have a 1000mls on the Michelin PR3s on the s4 and have to say they have made me a bit of a hooligan I'm even trying to get the knee down and I'm a tad over 45 and I'm supposed to have more sense.

I am a bog snorkeler
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »

... I'm a tad over 45 and I'm supposed to have more sense.

who said such a thing?! Shocked

Carlos
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »

I'm about 200 miles in an an angel st rear.

I like this tire. I like the profile. Its predictable tip over all the way to the edge.

Excellent dry traction. No miles in the wet yet.

So far I'm all smiles.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2012, 09:53:16 AM »

1000 mile update.

I still like the Angel. . . even though the flat spot has started in the center.

Wet traction is good enough for a power wheelie in standing water Evil

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: