Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 02:05:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mexico's mods and help thread...  (Read 58344 times)
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2011, 07:18:05 AM »

So i made a purchase...  Smiley

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2011, 07:53:04 AM »

Give me some time and I can help you get all of that pesky black paint off of it for you!   Grin

Still got a bit of touchup to do..
That'll look good on your bike man!  Hope it doesnt take anywhere near as long as mine has been taking!

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »

WOW.. Smiley  I scored it off Flee bay for 299 shipped.. Smiley  I think that is a sweet  deal the coat alone is 100 bucks.. Smiley

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
Ratfink749

« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2011, 04:58:32 PM »

WOW.. Smiley  I scored it off Flee bay for 299 shipped.. Smiley  I think that is a sweet  deal the coat alone is 100 bucks.. Smiley

Dang thats not a bad deal at all! Are all of the bearings and seals in it, or will they need transferred over?

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Duck-Stew

« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »

SBK swingarms have bearings in them, Monsters have them in the cases...

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Ratfink749

« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »

For those who aren't on my speed dial TXT/PIX list.. here's some updated pics!!!  Moving right along...
My apologies if the pics show up huge.  I hope they auto-rescale for everyone.

This is the new muffler that'll be set up low mount and on the right side 2 into 1.

Dirty people say:
kingbaby

« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »

WOW!

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2011, 09:36:44 AM »

looks amazing wayne! I can't wait to see it when its all put back together  chug

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #218 on: March 30, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »

Looks like a very nice start on the project!  waytogo Keep Us posted on the progress please...

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Ratfink749

« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2011, 05:22:31 PM »

After one day of work here's where she sits!

Exhuast fab still to come.  That and I need to borrow a chain tool to reinstall my master link. 

Dirty people say:
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »

I'm in awe.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2011, 06:28:25 PM »

Crazy, Wayne. Looks great!!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2011, 07:43:59 AM »

waytogo Looks awesome...I miss my 999! Embarrassed

Ride forever...
Ratfink749

« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2011, 10:56:09 AM »

Some guy at PJ's (didn't get a name. Looked like a tech, but was at the SVC counter).. Just informed me that the idle speed couldn't be adjusted on my bike.  Then told me the ECU couldn't be adjusted.  Then told me that if I adjusted the throttle bodies to raise the idle speed, my oxygen sensors wouldn't read correctly.  I'm STILL in shock.  Bike has no O2 sensors, ECU can adjust low rpm/idle fuel trim, and YES the idle can be adjusted.  /Rant Off

Dirty people say:
Ratfink749

« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »

Just a couple loose ends to tie up at this point.  The biggest one is going to be the exhaust.  Some OE 1098 pipes I thought were going to work turned out to be not exactly what I was after.. so I'm going to have to get some stainless tubing and start one from scratch.  Here's what today brought:
.. Oh and it RUNS AGAIN!!! 

Its more or less how I'm gonna have the exhaust set up.. minus the red bunjee cord.  Krystle suggested I use Duc-Tape instead.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 04:48:27 PM by Ratfink749 » Logged

Dirty people say:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: