Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:12:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mexico's mods and help thread...  (Read 58336 times)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »

drool

Ok! just let me know when you ready for me to come over and get it so I can ride it for ya

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2011, 01:11:08 PM »

drool

Ok! just let me know when you ready for me to come over and get it so I can ride it for ya

Let me know when you get them platform shoes and we'll talk...

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »

While I'm waiting for my fork seals to arrive.. I've been busy messing with the junk in my garage.  MIG tacking everything up for now.  Then TIG finishing once its all set up.

After figuring out the 2 into 1 junction, It'll end up coming out into this:

And we got something for the little man: (assuming Comcast lets the image show up)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:18:53 PM by Ratfink749 » Logged

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »

Anyone know something about power commanders? I got a PC III USB on my bike, It was disconnected from the ECU, basically just plugged into itself, so I hooked it back up and I found a USB cable that fits it, however when I connect it to my laptop the PC software says device not communicating. My guess is that it needs the firmware updated. However, I'm having trouble updating the firmware. Help?
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2011, 06:54:01 PM »

I'm no expert with PC stuff, but if you just want help staring at it you can drag it over and we'll learn together.  No charge, of course.  I need to learn a bit more about those doggone things, anyway.   waytogo

See this thread on the WERA (Western Eastern Roadracer's Association) forums for a good start:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=164511
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:01:13 PM by Cloner » Logged

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »

Yeah, I can bring it over some time. I'll bring my netbook with the software and maps too. I'd like to wait until I get the 9 volt adapter first, to see if maybe the firmware issue will be resolved once it isn't powered off the bike.

Edit: Reading a bit, it's likely that I need a reprogrammer box for the Power Commander III USB. One is needed if the firmware is too old, or someone accidentally installed the wrong firmware. Unfortunately I'm not finding one being sold separately. So if anyone has one from their Power Commander, that'd be awesome.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:08:42 PM by DonJuanDucati » Logged
Cloner

« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2011, 07:27:57 PM »

Or, it looks like any authorized tuning center (there or several in town) can flash it for you, or you can send it to Dynojet Research and they'll flash it for you at no charge.  Want me to call PJ's to see if they have the stuff to flash it?  I'm pretty sure they're a tuning center, even though I don't see them listed on the DJR website.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #232 on: July 06, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »

By flash do you mean reprogram it with current firmware? If so that'll be hell of a lot easier.
Cloner

« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2011, 06:13:33 AM »

Yarp.  That's what I mean.   waytogo

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »

Went in to PJ's today, they couldn't help me. Gonna try R&S Yamaha, since it's close to my apt and is listed on the Power Commander website as being an official tuning center. I guess if they can't do it, I'll wait to get the 9v adapter see if I can get the firmware to upload, and if not, just send it in to PC.

Edit: No luck.  Sad
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:55:37 AM by DonJuanDucati » Logged
Cloner

« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:26 PM »

Well, that sucks!  Wonder why PC says "take it to a tuning center", but the tuning centers say "send it to PC."  Seems like a poor way to do business.

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »

Maybe PJ's was just confused because all I wanted was to get it flashed. I wonder if it's something they'd do automatically if I had them load a custom map onto it. I should have asked what it would cost to get the bike up on the dyno and get the PC programmed.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2011, 01:48:47 PM »

Maybe PJ's was just confused because all I wanted was to get it flashed. I wonder if it's something they'd do automatically if I had them load a custom map onto it. I should have asked what it would cost to get the bike up on the dyno and get the PC programmed.

i think around 300 for it all...thats what it would be when i was thinking of having them install mine and dyno it...

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »

Did you do it yourself then, Mouse?
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »

Good news, I feel like a moron now, though.  Undecided

I talked to a rep at DynoJet, and explained what was going on. He said I'd either need a 9 volt battery attached to the PC or I'd need it powered by the bike. I told him the bike wasn't powering it and he suggested I start the engine. D'oh! I thought it'd be enough with just the bike on, but apparently the engine needs to be running for enough power to go through the PC for my computer to recognize it. There was indeed a custom map for my Remus pipes loaded on there, but I'm fooling around with some other maps to figure out what will work best.

Edit: Anyone know something about disabling the engine kill when the kickstand is down? It won't stay on in neutral which is something really useful I'd like it be able to do.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: