Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:59:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mexico's mods and help thread...  (Read 58320 times)
ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 05:02:58 PM »

hey babe check this out

If you replaced the gauges with smaller ones, that wouldnt be too bad.  seems unbalanced as it is  Undecided

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
kingbaby

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »

If you replaced the gauges with smaller ones, that wouldnt be too bad.  seems unbalanced as it is  Undecided

Understatement of the month.   Wink

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

I'm thinking of ways to build a balancer.  Two ideas jump out: horizontal axle with precision bearings (heavy side will rotate to the bottom), or a vertical setup where the center of the device sits on a pivot point and has a 360* level bubble on top.

The old man is wanting to do it too.

And then there is always Kawboy's set-up.  He balanced my back tire a couple weeks ago.  Scottish can bust them on and off.  Kawboy's compressor was faster than the Scottish's bicycle pump.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2009, 02:21:45 PM »

Didn't know Kawboy had one.  Either way, I'm gonna have one for up here in northern NM

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2009, 10:50:24 AM »

And then there is always Kawboy's set-up.  He balanced my back tire a couple weeks ago.  Scottish can bust them on and off.  Kawboy's compressor was faster than the Scottish's bicycle pump.

that is awesome  waytogo

knowing i cant see anything ....lol
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:14:13 AM by DucMouse » Logged

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
kingbaby

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »

Is that a wooden wheel balancer i'm seeing behind Kawboy?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:06:40 AM by kingbaby » Logged

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2009, 07:54:49 PM »

Is that a wooden wheel balancer i'm seeing behind Kawboy?
Yup, he's handy as hell with that thing.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2009, 08:37:16 PM »

Note to self: buy 2x4's and angle Iron..  I gots me a balancer to build!  On a productive note, Timing belts were installed tonight.  Took a little less than an hour altogether.  I Wouldve been fabricating an exhaust, but My Ryobi Chop saw had different plans.  The housing for the brush for the motor cracked, and the 120v short-to-ground created a cool little eletrical fireball and flipped the circuit breaker.  New parts on order.     bang head  bang head  bang head  On a slightly more positive note: I'll have a loaner saw for the weekend, If all goes well an exhaust system and a floor skeleton/3" section for the model T may be a reality by sunday night.  I'm gonna need some frappuccinos.    chug

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »

thats cool!

but useless with out pics?!?!

needs pic of ur process  Tongue

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Ratfink749

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »

The only camera in the house that is currently functional is in Europe (Austria) at the moment.. and My phone takes crap pics.  Sorry. about the next best I can do is a step-by-step instruction. 

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Ratfink749

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2009, 09:34:49 PM »

Ok So here is my night's progress on an attemped MotoGP style exhaust, No its not titanium, Its not even stainless. I started out with 17" resonators, Chopped them down to 7".  2 Mandrel bent J-bends for the twisties and turns.  One welder, One Scotch and One beer.  I still have to figure out how I'm gonna temporarily mount the lights, until I can get the "shield" built that is going to go under/around the undertail pipe, and *IF* I decide to keep it, Then I'll chop a hole in the lower fairing and put an aluminum surround around it as well.  First Impressions?  Holy Freaking crap.. Might as well be open pipes!!!!  (its 7" of unpacked resonator WTF was I expecting??)  I'm gonna ride it some after I get the rear lights mounted and decide what I think of it then and If its gonna stay or if its gonna be a "well that was fun" trial and error type expierence.
Yes, Crap Cel-Phone pics in crappy garage lighting.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:38:52 AM by Ratfink749 » Logged

Dirty people say:
kingbaby

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2009, 09:48:38 PM »

Crap phone & lighting aside,  Those look great!

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »

They look like the shizz.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Kawboy

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2009, 11:40:08 PM »

Yup, he's handy as hell with that thing.

OK.  For those inquiring minds, here's my wheel balncing setup.  You must level it front to back and side to side.  I have leveling screws in the base.  Set the wheel on with the axle.  The heavy part will rotate to the bottom then put weights at the top until balanced.  I temporarily tape them in place until I see how many I need, then clean the wheel and install them permanently.  This is from yesterday putting on my new rear tire.

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
hunkypunk
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2009, 04:19:08 AM »

Good job Fred!
Meanwhile i bought my son (with his money) a nighthawk but am having trouble with the headlight. The headlight fuse has power but I am stuped from that point on. I dont have a tester. I am guessing maybe a short in the high low swith or something under the gas tank but that is as far as i can get. Anybody have a tester and is good at electrical troublesooting?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: