Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 15, 2024, 02:21:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Ducati Ride  (Read 115695 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #210 on: June 08, 2010, 09:41:14 PM »

I betcha that the separate tunes will be very close to each other with, or without, the baffles.

BTW, I have a Db meter if you want to test some objective numbers.  It's very surprising.

I'll take you up on the Db meter use when I'm ready to mod the baffles...by then I should have the TuneBoy installed and the option to fine tune as I see fit... Grin

Need another 1K miles on the bike first though, as I want to get the 7.5K service done before I mess with ECU programming.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:46:12 PM by Gene V » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2010, 06:15:10 AM »

That's funny. We'll both have our bikes in for the 7.5K at about the same time I reckon.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2010, 06:31:47 AM »

That's funny. We'll both have our bikes in for the 7.5K at about the same time I reckon.
Better call ahead and make sure they have the oil filters in stock!  Asking SS to have two at a time is a bit much.....   Roll Eyes

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2010, 06:35:27 AM »

Better call ahead and make sure they have the oil filters in stock!  Asking SS to have two at a time is a bit much.....   Roll Eyes

laughingdp laughingdp

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2010, 07:40:10 AM »

I am dropping my 848 off tomorrow for my 7500 mile service and was told that they had all the needed parts in stock... here on island... (where is the crossing fingers smiley face?)

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »

Oh goodness, here we go again...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »

I am dropping my 848 off tomorrow for my 7500 mile service and was told that they had all the needed parts in stock... here on island... (where is the crossing fingers smiley face?)

Just curious. You just had it in there for the case work. Couldn't you have done it all at once, maybe on two separate work orders so the insurance work wouldn't get confused with the customer pay work?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »

I've already got that part of the service covered. Thank you very much!

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »

Just curious. You just had it in there for the case work. Couldn't you have done it all at once, maybe on two separate work orders so the insurance work wouldn't get confused with the customer pay work?

i begged and pleaded that they do it at the same time cause i really couldnt see the point in bringing the bike back to the shop a week later after its been sitting there for 3 months.  but because i only had 7003 miles on the odo they said that my Free service would not be covered untill i hit 7500miles. so either i pay for the service out of pocket or i wait till i hit that many miles... i chose to wait. besides i have my eye and wallet set on a certain CF helmet with a transition visor that would do me much better then giving the dealership more of my money for a service that i get for free.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »

i begged and pleaded that they do it at the same time cause i really couldnt see the point in bringing the bike back to the shop a week later after its been sitting there for 3 months.  but because i only had 7003 miles on the odo they said that my Free service would not be covered untill i hit 7500miles. so either i pay for the service out of pocket or i wait till i hit that many miles... i chose to wait. besides i have my eye and wallet set on a certain CF helmet with a transition visor that would do me much better then giving the dealership more of my money for a service that i get for free.

That sounds like BMW of Honolulu.  laughingdp  It's the sort of stuff that drives me nuts.  bang head

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »

yeah it is kind of frustrating i didnt ride my 848 for the last 3 days cause i didnt want to go much over 7500 and then have them telling me that i waited too long so i have to pay out of pocket. and now i have to ask a coworker to pick me up from SSD and then drop me off... again.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2010, 10:35:20 AM »

back on topic...who's riding tomorrow?

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »

i have to work this weekend 8-(

DRKWNG
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »

back on topic...who's riding tomorrow?

Not me.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2010, 12:25:32 PM »

I'll likely swing by, but I don't see a big group ride in my future.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: