Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:00:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666507 times)
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »

try to save a few bucks cost in the end

So....you're saying they knew they'd have an issue, and just chose a lesser material? I maintain it's a surprise to them.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »

Arent plastic tanks used in several areas of automotive application? I think the issue here maybe, the plastic is safe for use on gasoline, not E10 gasoline.

Does it seem like this issue happens in europe too?

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2009, 03:31:38 AM »

Arent plastic tanks used in several areas of automotive application? I think the issue here maybe, the plastic is safe for use on gasoline, not E10 gasoline.

Does it seem like this issue happens in europe too?

I have personally spoken with mechanics in Italy, Germany and the UK -- none of them have heard about this at all. 

I've posted on several boards in UK and in Italy as well (or had someone do it for me, my Italian is limited to asking where the bathroom and a good hooker are) and no one has heard of it at all.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2009, 05:19:00 AM »

i realize that it would be a lot harder to detect, but i am curious if there are any shape changing issues with the new model tanks (specifically the unseen inner tank)

anyone have any input?

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
arai_speed
« Reply #289 on: December 04, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »

Well it's been 6 months since I got my replacement tank for my S4Rs and lo and behold today I noticed small ripple on both sides of the tank.  Right around the knee area *sigh*

At this point I am going to wait and see how this progresses and wait until I hear about a permanent fix.  I would strongly urge those of you who have gotten your replacement to still fill our the complaint and send Ducatiz your information.

I'll post up pictures later.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #290 on: December 04, 2009, 03:35:16 PM »

Arai. Can you also post something showing you've had your tank replaced already?  Some people do not believe the replacement tanks are also deforming.

Where do you get your gas?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
arai_speed
« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »

Only proof I have is an email from my local dealer. I get my gas all along the local mountains of LA county  Sad
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #292 on: December 04, 2009, 04:49:15 PM »

finally filled out my NHTSA report today (ok, flog me)
anyway...i had to select the s4r, as my bike was not represented (s2r1k)

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #293 on: December 05, 2009, 03:31:21 AM »

Did you note in the report the bike wasn't listed?  Its the same tank though

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #294 on: December 05, 2009, 06:02:05 AM »

Did you note in the report the bike wasn't listed?  Its the same tank though

i did

angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #295 on: December 05, 2009, 06:51:47 AM »

I put my first tank in my replacement yesterday.  The new tank is unbelievably white inside compared to the old tank.  Will keep my eye on any changes........

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #296 on: December 05, 2009, 08:37:41 AM »

What colour was the old one?  Mine looks white inside

angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »

What colour was the old one?  Mine looks white inside

Like a dark butter yellow color.  The new one is a really bright white.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #298 on: December 05, 2009, 04:10:36 PM »

mine is smookers teeth yellow.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »

mine is smookers teeth yellow.

was it always that way?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: