Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 19, 2024, 03:17:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Duke 990.....want.  (Read 4492 times)
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 06:39:59 AM »

Bingo. That one is the one I really wanted to see when I ended up riding the 990, and I think it would fit the bill just fine for tearing it up around the lakes in my area.

I have and love my Duke 690. I could not think of a better bike for me. I do almost all canyon riding and the weight/power/handleing is better than I could have asked for. It's still a little vibey, but not bad. Two weeks ago I rode it 400 miles back from laguna seca, and it even did that reasonably well.

2008 KTM Duke 690
ducleaner

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 07:34:11 AM »

Duke sucks. Go Heels.  cheeky
thruxton

2007 S4Rs

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »

All I can say is wow. I took it on a 5-10 mile blast on a favorite road and can't say I can find fault with it anywhere (well, I guess it does need more obnoxious exhaust....). What a handler, and the clutch/gearbox action is sublime.... Drool....

i am pretty spoiled by the exquisite looks of the ducati. no matter how good i just couldn't feel excited about the duke. there is a 2007 tuono factory in my neighborhood that has me drooling though. supposedly, it's one step up for handling vs the monster. i doubt though, if any motor could be better than the 999 in my S4Rs. perhaps the streetfighter with full termi would do it but that just seems over kill IMO

and it's especially hard to get motivated to put all the upgrades into another bike!!! you'd be looking at a total investment of 25K before you could stop fixing the streetfighter  s bang head
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: