Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:57:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for the dog  (Read 7333 times)
Ducatiloo

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »

Why are snowmobiles chasing you on your motorcycle?

I hate the little 2 stroke snowmobiles they are ankle biters

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
Pancake81

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 08:06:35 AM »

I have had one or two, just gunned it and never looked back. I may have even knicked one with once. Te scariest dog incident I have come across was when I came around a corner on a twisty in full speed and one was  standing in the middle of the road, causing a sideways skid and near wipe out

About the same time you're dragging your knees through a series of tight left-right-handers on Sunday afternoon, some guy in white shoes is sweating a 3-foot putt. Go figure.
robartlum

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 08:30:04 PM »

General consensus is to slow down then speed up again. The change in speed will throw off the dog's natural ability to intercept your path.

Been there done that. It was as scary as shit but it worked! I wanted to turn the dog into... bacon

Yeah I wanted to use that bacon smiley.  waytogo

1999 m900
Pancake81

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 10:27:14 AM »

the  bacon smiley is pretty cool

About the same time you're dragging your knees through a series of tight left-right-handers on Sunday afternoon, some guy in white shoes is sweating a 3-foot putt. Go figure.
jerryz

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »

I have been knocked off twice by dogs in Thailand , they kill an average of 800 people a year in Bike accidents in thailand .

I have tried several different techniques slowing, etc dodging , noise. once i just got of the bike and cut the dogs throat.
rockaduc

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »

Why are snowmobiles chasing you on your motorcycle?

I have been harrased by dogs while riding my snowmobile.  The noise doesn't seem to bother them at all.  I just slow down, let them close the gap, adjust their angle more directly at me and then wack the throttle.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
Jarvicious
The guy in my avatar wants your

Balls

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

Maybe not the best idea in every situations, but most dogs are only chasing you because you're a fast moving object and their hunting instinct kicks in.  On a couple of occasions I've just stopped the bike (left it running and in gear) and they just kinda sat there and then lost interest and wandered off.  Granted, sometimes that's not really an option at speed, but in residential neighborhoods it seems to work wonders. 

We're liberated by the hearts that imprison us.  We're taken hostage by the ones that we break.
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 09:19:23 PM »

Maybe not the best idea in every situations, but most dogs are only chasing you because you're a fast moving object and their hunting instinct kicks in.  On a couple of occasions I've just stopped the bike (left it running and in gear) and they just kinda sat there and then lost interest and wandered off.  Granted, sometimes that's not really an option at speed, but in residential neighborhoods it seems to work wonders. 

this is good .......... and you've tested this; and it works every time? .... LOL; and if ti doesn't work; theres even less time to gun it! popcorn

I have noticed dogs seem to go barking nuts with the Ducati exaust note all on  a leash so far, (and turned some hot chicks heads too.) Grin

.... all the world is yours.
Jarvicious
The guy in my avatar wants your

Balls

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 05:49:06 AM »

this is good .......... and you've tested this; and it works every time? .... LOL; and if ti doesn't work; theres even less time to gun it!

Alright Bono, that's enough out of you.  I tend to gauge it on the apparent temperament of the dog and my temperament at the time.  Yeah, it works, but I don't really mind dogs.  It's one of those crazy "healthy" fears I guess I forgot to develop as a kid

We're liberated by the hearts that imprison us.  We're taken hostage by the ones that we break.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: