Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:21:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Monster Project -- on going status <picture heavy>  (Read 44098 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »

Tray looks great, did a similar one on my bike, but flat. I powdercoated it black.

Where did you get that tail light?  Grin

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2009, 02:06:32 AM »

WOW, thanks to the newest pictures, I'm currently residing at "Morningwood Estates!"   Grin   waytogo

BTW, I've had a pic of your exhaust for a pretty long time.  I thought I found it by a Google search.  Were you on the old board?

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
duc996

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »

Project looking really good...i like the tray that you made as well,that serves as a good heat sink.Nice  waytogo

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
darkduke

'07 S4rs

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2009, 07:40:39 AM »

damn guy, that's a nice looking project you got going there +1 on the inner tray thingy, cleans it all up really nice

-ZG Windscreen - Pazzo Levers - CRG Lanesplitters - Arrow Steering Damper - Retro Tank Logos - Tail Chop - Speedymoto Clutch Cover, Springs, Caps, DP Carbon Rear Hugger, DP ECU & Open Airbox with Chopped Titanium Arrows
Ohmic

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »

I suggest you leave the tray unpainted, or anodize if you must

1. It looks great as is
2. It will make a nice heat sink for the regulator (if you anodize sand the area under the regulator back to raw aluminum)
BTW bike is looking great nice job waytogo
Thanks.
I don't believe in black anodized on metal parts that is exposed to UV light over long period of time. They all eventually turn that purplish tone color. Maybe not so much for this particular part as it is downwards facing away from direct sun light. Clear anodized maybe.

That is right. I plan to mask out the portion were the reg sits from the paint. I also will use some thermal conductive pads between it and the tray. I have just the thing. It is a sticky water proof double-side material design for this application.

WOW, thanks to the newest pictures, I'm currently residing at "Morningwood Estates!"   Grin   waytogo

BTW, I've had a pic of your exhaust for a pretty long time.  I thought I found it by a Google search.  Were you on the old board?
Thanks.  Nope. But I have posted on here before.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:01:40 AM by Ohmic » Logged

'It's NOT a Harley... It's a Ducati!'

Bike#1: 2002 Ducati MH900e #1801
Bike#2: 2006 Ducati Monster S2R1000
Bike#3: 2006 Ducati Sport1000
Bike#4: 2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100
Ohmic

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 03:58:53 PM »

This is the bracket that i designed to mount the coils on. Threaded studs for grounding wire.

dbran1949

2007 S4RS Black Termis

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »

1. Are you using a CAD system to layout the metal parts or just a hand drawing given to a fabricator?

2. Any progress on the breakout board?
NAKID

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2009, 05:10:35 PM »

That bracket looks real nice man!

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »

Very nice. I need to clean up my wiring soon. Right now I have one coil mounted under the seat and the other is straped to the battery mount.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
Ohmic

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2009, 04:58:29 AM »

1. Are you using a CAD system to layout the metal parts or just a hand drawing given to a fabricator?
2. Any progress on the breakout board?
1. Yes. I have parametric design software that has a sheetmetal feature. Its folded and unfolded functions makes designing sheetmetal a snap. I then email the output and quick 2d drawing if need be to fabricator. Part shows up on front door in 5-7 days. I would cut it myself. But I don't have the proper tools nor do i really have the skills. Besides my time is better spent on other things i'm really good at.

2. The schematic is captured and board is 90% routed. I added a last minute feature to the design which placed a hold on completion. Other projects also needed my attention at the time. You know how these things get.

RB

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2009, 05:31:21 AM »

snip...
 I then email the output and quick 2d drawing if need be to fabricator.
care to post the link of this company you have had success with?

real nice job on your ride

RB

Ohmic

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »

It has been awhile since i've updated this topic. Many many moons ago!!!  Tongue To tell you the truth, I almost forgot about it myself. I've been busy with other($$$ paying) projects and personal matters.

Needless to say some work has been since last spring. And many  drink have been consumed.

CAD a new head light bracket. Never did like the stock one. Below is a 3D rendered view.

Bracket installed on bike.

And also managed to finish designing the breakout board and did knock off ONE prototype! Here are some pictures of it. (Shown Top side)

Note:
Loads of goodies designed in this baby. Sure i could have bought a third party module. But my primary reason for making my own... because it is a hell'a FUN!!! It will also allow me to test out each functions to see which ones are viable. Maybe bring to market as independent products. To name a few of these functions...
- Gear number simulation(1, N, 2-6) based on known RPM, Ground Speed and gear ratio. Simple floating point calculations done in firmware.
- Active RFid. (Electronics will know if you're within 4-6ft of the bike). Thus locks/unlocks the electrical system. User has a fob on person.
- RF remote unlock or start
- Headlight power up delay during cranking of motor. Thus more current to motor starter.
- Head light modulation(user define on/off)
- SupaBrake modulation algorithm embedded.
- Signal(blinker) cancellation(Time based and distance based). Meaning your cancellation function will not trigger off if you're stuck waiting to make a left on a red light. cancellation can be set to say 3 blocks max. Then turn blinker off.
- 3 axis motion sensor. Security to sound horn if bike is moved.
- MOSFET high side switches with independent over current protection. Meaning NO fuses nor mechanical relays!
- All inputs are opto-coupled. Meaning smaller wires(>24AWG) can be used because of its low current needed to actuate.
- All system information is broadcasted via a CAN bus I/F, I2C or simple UART for later expansion. Example only 4 wires are needed to interface front end of bike.(Power, Ground, Data, Clock). All information can be decoded locally. This will greatly reduce wires between main body of bike and front handle bars.

Here it is installed in its waterproof ABS plastic case.

Here is how she looks today. Virtually no electrical wires showing! Next up is moving the oil cooler line to left side, cutting off the ugly stock keylock on the rear end of the frame and designing some idiot lights with a speedometer.

beancounter

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »

I love it!  Absolutely clutter free bike...no ugly wires waytogo
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:43 PM »

Dammit, why couldn't you have made an extra prototype, then I wouldn't have had to use a motogadget  Grin

Suuuper clean! I love it  waytogo

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
Ducatl

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »

Very nice waytogo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: