Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:22:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Request For Some Very Special Guys  (Read 694 times)
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« on: August 21, 2009, 06:43:24 AM »

I'm not usually one to pass around emails from others for obvious reasons but a woman whom I know here at my office has a request. If you have the time...RED

Friday, August 21, 2009
Good morning everyone!  I’m sure you have all heard me bragging about my son, Kevin who joined the US Navy at the age of 30 and has been away at boot camp.  Yesterday he won the privilege to make a couple of phone calls by making a perfect score on his test.  (Yes, I did throw that bragging remark in!)  He had a special request and asked that we pass the request to everyone who has a really big heart. 

This whole time many of his friends and family have been writing and sending cards to Kevin while he’s been away.  Needless to say Kevin is very blessed.  There’s a kid in Kevin’s division who Kevin has been mentoring.  He is 18 and comes from a very broken home.  This kid has not received one piece of mail since he arrived at boot camp.  The boy’s parents tell him they are just too busy to mail him or have time for him.  Kevin has asked us to send the young man words of encouragement or anything that would lift his spirits. 

We thought a few letters or cards would be great but it would be amazing and make a profound impact on this young man if he were to receive more.  His name is Martin J. Keenan.  When you send your letter or card please address it in the following manner:

SR Keenan, Martin J.
SHIP 14         DIV 309
RECRUIT TRAINING COMMAND
3410 Sailor Dr.
Great Lakes, IL 60088-3510

Their graduation is September 3rd so if you are planning on sending something please mail it by next Monday, August 24th.

I don’t mind if you know others who might want to participate, but this really is not an email hoax, so please don’t let it become one as this is a legitimate address.  Thanks to everyone!

Jan J. Warren, CPLTA
Manager, Land Administration
Petro-Hunt, LLC
1601 Elm Street, Suite 3400, Dallas, TX 75201
214-880-8435
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: