Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:21:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ifone or Mytouch ???  (Read 9829 times)
cyclops

We all wanna be like Rose-Guy :D

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 03:12:56 PM »

As with every thread on this forum it has gone the way of Mo and his cat.  Mo you need your own forum all about you bow down bacon

Seriously lol ... What the hell happened ? Howd we go from the Iphone to my cat lol ... Cats are smarter than dogs , thats all I have to say ... I aint gotta pick up their s**t everywhere  Shocked .

dudes do to get cats!   us girls find it sexy! 

U know I would agree, but it really aint working for me yet  Sad

That's a big hell diddly no there mister, and a heart felt F*** you!  Evil That there critter belongs to Monstergirl...not me.  chug

C'mon gabe, u know u love it ... Why you so afraid to show ur sensitive side , we wont think less of u  Kiss

Aite so back to the topic , Ross my phone works just fine, havent had any issues yet. And Im amazed to how fast it is . I had tried the Blackberry Storm from Verizon and that thing was just so damn slow . I dont know if it was the phone or the network but man i hated it . And congrats on the new ride, im sure ur gonna love it .

Desmo Elmer

"Maybe not so...."

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 06:11:09 PM »

I'm still having issues....

It's 9:50, ten minutes ago I got one voicemail that was left at 7:30 and another that was left at 8:28. Neither of those calls rang on my phone, they went right to voice mail. I had it in my pocket the whole time. Took over 2 hours for that first voice mail to show up.

The bigger concern is whether some calls and voice mails are getting dropped completely... no way to know unless someone tells you they called and didn't get through. But they can't call you to tell you so Catch 22...  bang head

Have you tried turning 3G off and going to the "Edge" network? You might have voice mail out there that you have no way of knowing about...

Ross

'04 M800 (R.I.P. Whitey)
'06 S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 S2r 1000 rubber still down
'05 GasGas MC 250 watch it or she'll loop on ya
'91 Husky 610wxe "paintshaker"
fasterblkduc

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 02:42:54 AM »

Fine, I'll contribute to this thread without threadjacking for a second. Kim has had an iphone for a while. (year at least) I absolutely hate the thing. In the time that she's owned it, I have successfully completed maybe three phone calls to her. I just don't even try to call her anymore. It's completely worthless in my opinion. It's a toy to brag about and that's it.

The battery seems to last for about an hour.

The gps fails every single time we try to use it. One day, we circled a few blocks for about ten minutes because it was so wrong that it had us screwed up.

It encourages people to act like idiots when around others. Maybe I'm old fashioned, or maybe I was just raised with manors but I see people constantly being sucked into these things while trying to have conversation. I'm sorry but your little box with the fancy gadgets has turned you into a zombie.

The whole not getting signals thing just ticks me off. Long story short: A couple of months ago, I was on top of a mountain in Montana mountainbiking with another guy, we were lost, we were in shorts, it was snowing, nightime was approaching. We were trying to call some of the locals to help us find the downhill trail to get off this mountain and precious time was running out. I know that getting a signal at over 10,000 feet is difficult at best but guess who's phone did not work? That's right, the guy with the iphone.

The only people that like them are, people that have not actually owned one, or had any experience with them but think that the idea is great, and the people that do own them and are in denial. Ask them about how much they suck and the owners will tell you, "no, it's awesome! look at these cool apps that I have"

I hate that stupid, worthless, pretentious, overpriced, piece of garbage little box.  chug

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
minnesotamonster

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 04:59:30 AM »

Why don't you tell us how you really feel Gabe.

laughingdp

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 05:20:04 AM »

Why don't you tell us how you really feel Gabe.

laughingdp

I always do.  Wink

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
erik822

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 05:48:36 AM »

The "no signal" issue is an issue with every phone company. Until they all decide to share their networks, it'll always be an issue.

In LA, I was staying at a hotel and neither I, nor any of the other people I work with, could get a signal in our hotel rooms. I asked at the front desk and was asked what phone company I had (T-mobile at the time). When I told him, he told me to walk outside, turn left, walk ten feet and then stop. Poof, perfect signal. The producer I was with had ATT, she had to walk outside, turn right and walk ten feet. Poof, perfect signal. Outside of that random area, no signal.

Very Random...

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 06:52:21 AM »

That's a big hell diddly no there mister, and a heart felt F*** you!  Evil That there critter belongs to Monstergirl...not me.  chug

it lives in your house, it's yours.  ever bought it food or given it water.  my gf calls my dog our dog.  same deal.  you have a cat deal with it.  lol bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
fasterblkduc

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2009, 08:01:18 AM »

it lives in your house, it's yours. Wrong, my wife has lots of shoes, makeup, hair products and none of them are mine 
ever bought it food or given it water. No, I have not
my gf calls my dog our dog.  same deal. Your girlfriend can call your dog whatever she wants to, I'm not offended
you have a cat deal with it.  No I don't

Grin

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
cyclops

We all wanna be like Rose-Guy :D

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2009, 02:05:35 PM »

I'm still having issues....

It's 9:50, ten minutes ago I got one voicemail that was left at 7:30 and another that was left at 8:28. Neither of those calls rang on my phone, they went right to voice mail. I had it in my pocket the whole time. Took over 2 hours for that first voice mail to show up.

The bigger concern is whether some calls and voice mails are getting dropped completely... no way to know unless someone tells you they called and didn't get through. But they can't call you to tell you so Catch 22...  bang head

Have you tried turning 3G off and going to the "Edge" network? You might have voice mail out there that you have no way of knowing about...

Are u sure ur phone isnt on vibrate mode ? the first thing the salesperson told me about was the vibrate button on the left side . pple would accidentally switch and wonder y the phone never rings .Ill have to try turning 3G off and check to see if i have voicemail, i wasnt too concerned since i never get any (i barely get phone calls Sad ) , but i dont even know how to trun 3G off  Undecided

And gabe that stupid, worthless, pretentious, overpriced, piece of garbage little box plays videos  Grin
Desmo Elmer

"Maybe not so...."

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 04:00:09 AM »

Not on vibrate.
To turn off 3G go Settings/General/Network and you'll see a slider to disable 3G.

Lost on a mountain in shorts in the snow in MT and mad at a phone?  applause

I'll give you the zombies text walking, ignoring conversation, blah, blah, but I think I have to    place fault with the zombie operating said device, not the phone.

I any case I think ATT is the problem, not the phone.

------- Sent from my iPhone  Wink ------

Ross

'04 M800 (R.I.P. Whitey)
'06 S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 S2r 1000 rubber still down
'05 GasGas MC 250 watch it or she'll loop on ya
'91 Husky 610wxe "paintshaker"
fasterblkduc

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 05:02:28 AM »

Lost on a mountain in shorts in the snow in MT and mad at a phone?  applause

I know, I know. Grin But believe it or not, there was proper planning involved. Down on the ground it was sunny and warm but when you get up real high, the weather changes constantly. I got rained, hailed, and snowed on during that ride but most of it was warm and sunny. We went from hot and shedding layers, to freezing wet, cold and fingers going numb, back to hot and shedding layers, etc. The weather changed every once in a while.
The real issue was missing our trail down. I was just using that as one example of the many times that the iphone has let me down. Just trying bring a little humor that's all. waytogo

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
daftduc

Don't look at this

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 06:41:09 AM »

Well my 3rd Motorola Razor just died on me.  That's gotta be the worst mass produced piece of electronic equipment ever.  I have a 30yr old walkman that still works.  Sure a big difference in the complexity of the two devices but still...

Because i'm with Top-Mobile I did check out the google mytouch phones.  $500!  What!  That price is only to force you into the $300 instant rebate contract plan.  I just hate tactics like that.  But marketers do it all the time.  $.20/text message is priced that way only to force you into one of their text messaging plans.

"Our prices are competitive" the T-mobile customer service tech told me.  I didn't know that meant they raise their prices to match everyone elses'.  I thought that meant they keep their prices as low as possible to beat the competition.  I hate being a part of the system.  It's actually appealing to go phone free but I'd lose many freelance gigs I get and the convenience factor (I'll just call you when i get there and then we can meet up) would be lost.

Thus concludes my rant. 

Don't look at this.
bluemoco
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

'04 M800i.e. on a no (carbon) fiber diet.

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 07:37:31 AM »

I freely confess that I want to get an iphone.   Grin  We have an iTouch that we got for 'free' when we bought a new MacBook, and it's really a neat bit of electronic gadgetry.  That iTouch has only served to whet my appetite for an iPhone when the time comes.

These stories about ATT's service are troubling, though.  I have been patiently waiting 'til the end of my 2yr Sprint contract to bail on them and get an iPhone.  (I'm too cheap to pay $150 to terminate my Sprint contract early... Undecided )

Is ATT's service really that bad here in the Cities?  Or can much of this be attributed to 'operator error'?  (I"m lookin' at you, Ross. Wink )

"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy." - Donnie Wahlberg in "The Departed"

"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, badass speed." --Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
minnesotamonster

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 10:15:34 AM »

I've had AT&T and my iPhone for about two months now. I have yet to experience the terrible service everyone pregnant doges about.   Undecided

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
erik822

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 10:50:16 AM »

The biggest problems with the iphones are actually out in New York, LA and SF. The network in those areas is pretty overloaded. There are three people in different parts of New York that I call frequently and our phone calls constantly get disconnected. I use the iphone for these calls because mobile to mobile calls are free. Around here, I don't have any real connection problems. I do have voicemails that appear out of nowhere. Even as much as I hate ATT, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another iphone (in fact I did when the first one I had was stolen).

People can fun of the apps, all they like. The right app can be very handy.

Things I do regularly with my phone:
Read email attachments (PDF, word docs and xcel documents)
Surf the web (again, other phones can do this, but not as well)
Wells Fargo banking (transfers, pay bills, etc)
Map out directions (also shows the best buses to take, if that's how you travel)
Take photos and shoot video (camera on the 3GS is pretty decent)
Shazam (tells me what song is playing in a car, bar or wherever it's being played)
i.tv (lets me connect to my tivo so I can record a TV program while I still remember what the show is called)
Trapster (sends alerts for common police "waiting" areas)
Facebook
Twitter

I'm sure there's a bunch more I'm not thinking of.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: