Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:07:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ifone or Mytouch ???  (Read 9832 times)
cyclops

We all wanna be like Rose-Guy :D

« on: October 03, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »

So I need to buy a new phone, and ill be leaving Verizon cause they really dont have anything good . I was thinking about gettin the Iphone and then saw the Mytouch from Tmobile ... Anybody have any experiences with either phone ? Any input would be greatly appreciated  bow down
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »

ATT seems to be universally detested, so unless they are extra special in your area......

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
MonsterMitsu

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »

I bought a 3g the week they came out. I't been incredibly handy on my travels.  I will admit that At&t wasn't the greatest when I got the phone even frustrating. But they have really improved their service areas locally and abroad. I'm not sure when it will happen, but other service providers will be adding iphones soon.

I'm also a mac user so having an iphone is natural and never have to think twice about syncing contacts, music, videos, pictures, ect, ect... between all of my computers and even a web cloud. The service plan is a little high for a single user, but then again i went with hi minutes and unlimited text and data.

You can currently get refurbished iphones for around $50 off the apple website, then you'll be looking at $80-150 for service plans. Another plus is there's one of the biggest selection of protective cases you'll ever see available for them. And there's an unbelievable amount of apps for the iphone and a lot of them are free-$2,  though you'll see some for up to $40. There's also lots of breaks for the phone allowing more customizations and you can even tether it to your computer/laptop for internet.
kp

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »

I've been a member of the Apple Cult since the late '80s and have had AT&T for nearly
that long. I bought a 3G a year ago and have had zero problems with it. Ditto on ease of
synching with my iBook. One of the best things about Apple is the Genius Bar at their stores. Make an appointment for your free 20 minutes of whatever. They are truly genius!

I added an international calling/texting plan when I went to England and Holland in July and
it was fabulous. 

plus don't forget, you get mega cool points with an iPhone
minnesotamonster

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:52:42 AM »

iPhone. Posting this now from mine. I've had it for about two months. Can't imagine being without it anymore. I haven't had any service problems with AT&T. Anywhere around the cities the 3g network is great and the Internet is super fast. Outside the cities without 3g it's a little slower but still works. It's pretty much a tiny computer. The apps are useful and a lot are free. The thing I was worried about before I got mine was the touch screen and small keyboard, but it is really easy to use. No regrets about mine. And they finally have video and picture messaging. Plus I get 20percent off my bill through work so that helps too  Grin
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:54:54 AM by minnesotamonster » Logged

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
kp

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 05:00:45 AM »

the apps are great!   I've actually used the maps feature once this summer to figure
out where the hell when I got lost on a back road. Now I don't leave home without
it. 
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 05:43:37 AM »

if i could get the Iphone with T-Mobile it would be a no brainer for me. (it is possible but have not seen it in person)
Has anyone tried/tested unlocked/jailbroken Iphone on T-mobile?
 Vino!

1999 900 SS i.e Track modified (right side)
cyclops

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 01:08:12 PM »

if i could get the Iphone with T-Mobile it would be a no brainer for me. (it is possible but have not seen it in person)
Has anyone tried/tested unlocked/jailbroken Iphone on T-mobile?
 Vino!

the guy at tmobile mentionned smthg about unlockin the Iphone or maybe it was a buddy of mine , can't remember now. I compared the plan between Tmobile and Att and it came to be about the same for both phones with the data plan. So now I own an Iphone  Grin

thanks for the help guys
Mo
Desmo Elmer

"Maybe not so...."

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »

Well....  You got me at a VERY bad time on this subject.
I just picked up a spanking new iPhone 3Gs about 4 days ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. Won't call out, won't receive, goes to voice-mail after 2 rings and doesn't set a call indicator. I spent about 1.5 hours with ATT "tech support."  They finally gave up and told me to take it back to the Apple store.

I get there and THEY tell me that ATT is having trouble with the 3G network. Just shut off 3G and it will work. I does, but what a bunch of crap. The "geniuses" were booked up with other irate iPhone users until tomorrow so I guess I'll see tomorrow what they're going to do.

The phone does really amazing things bit it don't work for SHIT. Both companies blame the other and I sit with no phone.

Ross

'04 M800 (R.I.P. Whitey)
'06 S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 S2r 1000 rubber still down
'05 GasGas MC 250 watch it or she'll loop on ya
'91 Husky 610wxe "paintshaker"
cyclops

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 04:41:06 PM »

Well....  You got me at a VERY bad time on this subject.
I just picked up a spanking new iPhone 3Gs about 4 days ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. Won't call out, won't receive, goes to voice-mail after 2 rings and doesn't set a call indicator. I spent about 1.5 hours with ATT "tech support."  They finally gave up and told me to take it back to the Apple store.

I get there and THEY tell me that ATT is having trouble with the 3G network. Just shut off 3G and it will work. I does, but what a bunch of crap. The "geniuses" were booked up with other irate iPhone users until tomorrow so I guess I'll see tomorrow what they're going to do.

The phone does really amazing things bit it don't work for SHIT. Both companies blame the other and I sit with no phone.

Well that scares me a little ... So far I havent had any problems, been playing around with it . Gosh I hope it stays that way (knock on wood) ...  Undecided
minnesotamonster

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »

That sucks. You probably just got a bad phone though. The only issues I've had with mine is that every oncr in awhile I can't access the 3g network. Just have to shut it off and turn it back on and all is well. I have found that you should shut it off every day or so or it will do some odd things. Congrats on the phone mo, you'll love it. Did you get the 16 or 32 gig?

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
cyclops

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 06:22:57 AM »

Thanks Jake ... I got the 16gig , plenty big for me  waytogo
Desmo Elmer

"Maybe not so...."

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 06:12:33 PM »

That thing still working for you Mo?

They gave me a new phone this morning when the "genius" finally realized it was only 4 days old.  Roll Eyes  Don't know if there was actually anything wrong with the old one, but the "genius" recommended a new one so what the hell.

They claimed that ATT rolled out some new MMS (whatever that is) that was clogging up the system. Lots of complaints about dropping 3G, delays, blah,blah. If you do have problems try tuning off 3G. It will switch to the "Edge" network. It works as a temporary workaround to get your calls and voice mails.

Seems like this phone is working better, but it might just be coincidental with ATT getting the bugs worked out. 

Whatever, I have a more positive opinion today. It is an amazing contraption.

BTW, I picked up a 2006 S2R 1000. Looks just like your "polecat" used to when it was unmolested.  Tongue 

Totally stock, 6,800 miles with 1 inch chicken strips so I don't think it's even broke in yet.  Cool

Ross

'04 M800 (R.I.P. Whitey)
'06 S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 S2r 1000 rubber still down
'05 GasGas MC 250 watch it or she'll loop on ya
'91 Husky 610wxe "paintshaker"
minnesotamonster

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 04:44:42 AM »

Glad you got a new phone. Congrats on the bike too. The mms feature they were talking about is the picture and video messaging. They just added it about a week ago and apparently they are being overloaded with all the new data being sent. I haven't noticed a change in my 3g or calling network though Undecided do I guess your mileage may vary.

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 06:32:57 AM »

Man, you never listen. Dog...not cat.  Roll Eyes

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print