Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:54:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ifone or Mytouch ???  (Read 9833 times)
bluemoco
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

'04 M800i.e. on a no (carbon) fiber diet.

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »

A minor tangent here - we've loaded some excellent game apps into our iTouch. 

My favorite is called "MotoX Mayhem", and you control a motocross bike over some crazy off-road courses. The game makes great use of the accelerometer, and it's thoroughly addicting.  Perfect for waiting rooms, airport lounges, etc., and it only costs $.99.   I highly recommend MotoX Mayhem to my fellow MADDOG folks, but be warned - it's a huge time-waster.   Grin

Another great app/game is F.A.S.T.  Fleet Air Superiority Training.  You fly fighter jets (F14, F15, F16, Stealth fighter, etc.).  You can play your favorite iTunes playlist in the background.  You shoot down bad guys.  It, too, only costs $.99. It's really fun.   Evil

You can thank me later, Mo.   Grin Wink

"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy." - Donnie Wahlberg in "The Departed"

"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, badass speed." --Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Desmo Elmer

"Maybe not so...."

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 06:03:58 PM »

Mo and I played a little voice mail tag this morning to see if things were working. I got his voice mails, but I had 3G disabled. Mo had 3G enabled and he got my messages, but later in the day (11:00am) I left him another one and I haven't heard back from him... so what is that? Did he just not respond, or did he not get the voice mail? No way to know without calling him and if it goes to voice mail again?  

WHere the hell is MO anyway? This IS his thread. Maybe he's out looking for his cat...

I'm not all worked up about it. My phone works fine as a phone on the "Edge" network for now. I'm sure the 3G bugs will get worked out in time.

Just make sure you don't go Mtn biking with Gabe in shorts in the snow in MT.  laughingdp
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 06:08:08 PM by Desmo Elmer » Logged

Ross

'04 M800 (R.I.P. Whitey)
'06 S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 S2r 1000 rubber still down
'05 GasGas MC 250 watch it or she'll loop on ya
'91 Husky 610wxe "paintshaker"
fasterblkduc

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 04:38:56 AM »

Just make sure you don't go Mtn biking with Gabe in shorts in the snow in MT.  laughingdp

Where is your sense of adventure?  cheeky  I didn't even talk about the scariest part of the trip...being on the side of a mountain trail in the FJ Cruiser where the trail is barely wide enough to fit on, going through deep mud, and looking down at thousands of feet just praying that the mud doesn't pitch me off. Now that was scary.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
cyclops

We all wanna be like Rose-Guy :D

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2009, 05:58:00 AM »

Ross I did get ur meassage at about 11 , i just didnt get a chance to call you back . So mine seems to work fine. I even turned off the 3G off to see if I had any voicemails like u said, but nothing . So im thinking it must the neighborhood ur in ...

Pete thanks for the games, I have adde VW Scirocco . Awesome racing game and uses accelerometer and its for free Cheesy ... Gotta love the apps for the Iphone, there are so many of them, but so far ive got only 6 in my phone  Undecided ...
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2009, 07:08:38 AM »

does it have a bottle opener? if not then its useless drink all anyone needs is a leatherman.bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
kp

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2009, 10:55:17 AM »

well, if we're onto apps now, I have a few favs.   Flight Control and Touch Physics
I play either one when I'm commuting to St. Louis. But Flight Status sucks.

Monstergirl

http://www.mnducati.com

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2009, 04:48:33 AM »

OK I must post to this thread.  Most of you know where my old part time job was.  I am an Apple fanatic.  With that said I have had an Iphone for about 2 years now.  I have the origional 3G.  The phone is not bad.  I have a different relationship with phones than most people.  Before I got an Iphone I almost rarely even turned it on.  I try to ignore calls on my phone because I work at a job (teaching) where possessing a phone all the time is not a good example.  So I don't wear it.  It normally sits in my bag all day off so that I can teach instead of answer calls.  So when Gabe actually calls me on it, most of the time it is OFF.  That doesn't mean it doesn't work.  I just choose to turn on the phone when I want, like in boring meetings so I can read my email, or surf the internet for ideas for projects in my classes.  I digress.
My phone has worked more often than it hasn't worked.  I was sceptical when I first got the phone whether ATT would be as bad as they were when they were Singular, which was the last itme I had them.  In the state of MN we have decent Att service.  Outside of MN I am not so sure.  I do know that on the Drive to Big Sky my phone worked 85% of the time where as other folks in my car did not.  Enough Said.

Now I have to speak to a problem that some of you Iphone users probably don't think about nor consider.
Cell phones should never be used for financial information.  Please DO yourself a huge favor and PASSLOCK your phone.  If you do not you can be an easy target for Identity theft.  The phone contains all of your info and without too much digging into it a would be criminal can and will steal your info because all they have to do is surf the same places you went to get your financial info.  Also DO NOT SURF on a PUBLIC wireless network to financial institutions because the network can be compromised.
Finally enable remote wipe.  In fact enable the button that says that if someone trys a wrong password 10 times to automatically wipe the phone.  That way if a teen-y-bopper picks it up and starts playing with it it wipes your info.  Unless you want to be called by Jake in the middle of the night pulling a prank.  lol
Now with that said if you are using the phone with Mac's Mobile me service all of your info will have been backed up automatically in at least one place and if you own a Mac in at least two places.  Please IM me if you would like to know more about the services that compliment your phone.

If you are still having problems with the Iphone make sure you have done ALL software and carrier updates.  This is easy.  Plug phone into MAC or PC and Itunes will prompt you for the rest.  If this fails.  Book a Genius Appt at your local Apple Store or call 1-800-APPLECARE.

DOC President and ex-DML Moderator
monstergirl@mnducati.com

MNDucati is on Facebook and Twitter

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001474893824&ref=ts
twitter: http://twitter.com/MNDucati
minnesotamonster

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2009, 06:34:11 AM »

That way if a teen-y-bopper picks it up and starts playing with it it wipes your info.  Unless you want to be called by Jake in the middle of the night pulling a prank.  lol

Huh?

I did not!

Tongue

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
Monstergirl

http://www.mnducati.com

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2009, 07:32:19 AM »

Sorry I didn't mean you.  Whoops!

coffee

DOC President and ex-DML Moderator
monstergirl@mnducati.com

MNDucati is on Facebook and Twitter

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001474893824&ref=ts
twitter: http://twitter.com/MNDucati
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: