Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 12:26:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident on today's ride  (Read 8335 times)
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »

Yeah, the people who responded were great, and a friendly bunch as well.  One guy told me that several of them were volunteers who got the call at home.

The crazy thing that happened when I rode back to Deckers, I asked the little store owner to call 911 and explained the situation.  He was the middle man talking to them, and he turned to me to relay the question "Are we going to need an ambulance?" 

That seemed like a hell of a question!  Hmmm, now that I think about it, just send an ice cream truck.  We can ice him down with Rocky Road, it'll be fine.

Of course we need an ambulance!  That is why a person would ring 911, isn't it?
J_Slyter

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 08:55:34 PM »

Wow, what a terrible thing to read. Best wishes to Corey for a speedy and full recovery.

I was fully expecting to go on this ride, but I bagged it late Saturday night. My son decided to come down from Fort Collins for a visit with Mom and Dad for a few days and with all the recent business travel and not keeping up with the chores at home, I decided I shouldn't go on an all day ride.

Hopefully we all take something away from this group ride to make our future rides better and safer.
merkle
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »

Best of wishes to Corey. Glad to hear that he will be ok.

I was ready to go 4 this ride but I tore a tendon in my elbow and the doctor put me in a cast for a few weeks. Angry if they could have put a better angle I would be able to ride. I even rode to the doctor, of course my wife had to ride the bike home Grin so I'll be down for 2-3 weeks.
Ducati900sp

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »

Hey guys I just got off the pone with Corey a few minutes ago. He is doing great but in a bunch of pain, sounded a bit groggy from some of the pain meds. The doctor said that he will be going home once he is back on solid food, Corey is thinking by the end of the week. In addition to his broken leg he has road rash running down his thigh and bruising on his arm.

I asked Corey what happened...a few of us were plagued with this question since most of us saw how well he handled himself and the bike. He told me that shortly after passing the kid on the KTM in the straights he caught back up with him in the turns. That last turn Corey was passed mid curve then cut off by the kid on the KTM, forcing him onto the shoulder. Once that happened he knew it was all over, lost control and went off. He couldn't remember how he laid it down, skidded, rolled, or anything else involving the crash. He does remember everyone being there and helping him so a huge THANK YOU and much appreciation goes out to everyone! He has no memory of being loaded onto the chopper, the ride or much at the hospital because of the pain meds so thats good!  He also said that I can post his number here for anyone who wants to call...719-598-3757. Corey mentioned that he would like to have everyone get together for a bar-b-que at some point and thank everyone in person!

DUCATI-CAMPIONE DEL MONDO SUPERBIKE
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »

Good to hear he is doing well!!

Super that my gang at Northeast Teller Fire did well.  I was a fire fighter medic for a few years with them.  Good crew!

Let me tell you what, those guys were damn good.  The paramedic was outstanding.  I've seen a half-dozen responses in my life and these guys are on a higher playing field.  And that chopper pilot made one of the best landings I've seen and I've been around Army choppers for over 20 years.  So if you know those guys, please let them know that we really appreciated their response, professionalism and quick decision-making. 

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
m0t0g0th

.:GoneFeral:.

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 08:07:06 PM »

Best of luck with a speedy recovery!
I'm from SoCal and I remember Decker Canyon from 15 years ago.  If i look back and think about it i can only assume i was NUTS, what a sad sandy curvy cliff-edged road... You guys doing it for fun still, you've got it goin' on.   [moto]

A red traffic light means:
  • Incoming missiles
  • Stop
  • You win! Speed through the intersection to claim your reward!
ducducgooseme
Local Moderator

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »

Let me tell you what, those guys were damn good.  The paramedic was outstanding.  I've seen a half-dozen responses in my life and these guys are on a higher playing field.  And that chopper pilot made one of the best landings I've seen and I've been around Army choppers for over 20 years.  So if you know those guys, please let them know that we really appreciated their response, professionalism and quick decision-making. 

I will pass the word!  Great to hear!

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
Gringo 999

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 07:34:25 AM »

Cory has surgery today to repair a broken shoulder.  So he will be staying in Denver thru the weekend now.  When he gets released he is going to be in a wheelchair.  I'm looking for volunteers to help build a ramp at his house.  Any takers?

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »

I got plenty of experience and tools. Not so much on money though. Where does he live?

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Gringo 999

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 11:51:56 AM »

I got plenty of experience and tools. Not so much on money though. Where does he live?

I will post it tonite, unless Ducati900sp beats me to it.

bonez

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 01:33:42 PM »

I have a truck and some power tool. Not much money. work cut back left me not working fridays for moth of june. Sold my 1991 cbr f2 to make up for lost money.

Brett Jones
00' mv agusta 750 f4, 05' 749 dark, 07' triumph daytona 675
J_Slyter

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »

When were you looking to do this?
Ducati900sp

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »

Yeayuh....I beatcha! Ok...Corey lives at 85 Sunflower Rd lot 351 80907. Directions from I-25, I-25 to Fillmore St, Fillmore St east to Cascade Ave, north on Cascade Ave to Sunflower Rd. Turn left on Sunflower Rd and follow it til it ends, turn right then take your immediate left, the house is just past half way with a white pick up truck in the driveway.

DUCATI-CAMPIONE DEL MONDO SUPERBIKE
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 07:17:25 PM »

OK, now we know where, the question that remains is when..... Bonez, you and I could assault this thing together. Problem is it sounds like we'll need a fund raiser for the materials...... Corey got any lettuce for lumber?

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
bonez

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »

that we could do. We should take a trip to his home to have a look. I believe he lives in the trailer park there so we can see how much room there might be to build a ramp of some sort. Should have time sunday to take a look if anyone is up to that challenge and also to see how cory is doing if he is home. Walter is he home? Any up dates on his shoulder?

Brett Jones
00' mv agusta 750 f4, 05' 749 dark, 07' triumph daytona 675
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: