Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 02:06:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident on today's ride  (Read 8337 times)
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 07:43:14 PM »

pm sent... waytogo

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 04:30:55 AM »

when is this going on??
merkle
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 06:52:26 AM »

If I wasn't in this damn cast I would help with the labor.

I do know that the standard slope for wheelchair ramps is no greater than 1" rise for 12" run.
Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 07:22:58 AM »

I don't know when either. That's why I sent Bonez my number...... we'll prolly need to talk to Cory.

Ducati900sp

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 09:15:54 AM »

I just got off the phone with Corey a few minutes ago. He informed me that the ramp had to be built by a licensed contarctor since he lives in a mobile home park it, has to be built to their codes. Good news is that his boss is building it and doing so for the cost of materials only!

DUCATI-CAMPIONE DEL MONDO SUPERBIKE
Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 09:39:52 AM »

Awesome good news for him.  waytogo Hope he's  [moto] again soon.

Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 05:26:01 PM »

I just got off the phone with Corey a few minutes ago. He informed me that the ramp had to be built by a licensed contarctor since he lives in a mobile home park it, has to be built to their codes. Good news is that his boss is building it and doing so for the cost of materials only!

I too, spoke to Corey today.  He says he's headed home tomorrow.  He'll be in a wheel chair for 6-8 weeks.  His boss owns/runs Landscape Enterprises and the 8th Street Nursery.  I'll be buying my stuff there from now on.  What a great employer!

I asked Corey when would be a good time to come by with the SoCo Dogs.  He says he'll let Ducati900 know when he's ready for company.  He says all he wants right now is to sleep in his own bed. 

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Ducati900sp

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 05:44:04 PM »

Hey all! Corey just got home about an hour ago, helped him get into his house and get comfortable. We spent some time talking and getting caught up. He showed me his leg, he as an 8" incision mid inner thigh, 1.5" on his knee and 2.5" on the outer upper thigh...all on his right leg with bruising and road rash from hip to knee. His left shoulder has about a 4" incision across the deltoid. The doctors attached rod to his femur which is permanent and in his shoulder they put in a couple of pins and some straps to hold the muscle and bone together. He was greatly relived to be back in his house and happy to back with his family.

Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »

Hey all! Corey just got home about an hour ago, helped him get into his house and get comfortable. We spent some time talking and getting caught up. He showed me his leg, he as an 8" incision mid inner thigh, 1.5" on his knee and 2.5" on the outer upper thigh...all on his right leg with bruising and road rash from hip to knee. His left shoulder has about a 4" incision across the deltoid. The doctors attached rod to his femur which is permanent and in his shoulder they put in a couple of pins and some straps to hold the muscle and bone together. He was greatly relived to be back in his house and happy to back with his family.

That's wicked good news! 

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Ducati900sp

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2008, 04:28:10 PM »

Got an update on Corey. The doctors removed the staples from his leg yesterday and will have the ones in his shoulder removed Tuesday. He also has a couple of appointments this next week to check his progress...if all is ok the doctors will start him on his therapy. I addition to checking his healing progress the doctors will also check on possible foot or ankle damage that may have been overlooked...their is a concern for a large amount of swelling in those areas. Other than that he is doing great, making progress and going a bit out of his mind with all of the boredom.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: