Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 12:49:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimy Crud Run  (Read 7448 times)
WarrenJ

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »

We'll see how darn cold it is - its 110 miles from here to Pine Bluff - I'll have to put on the long handled underwear I guess.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
WarrenJ

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 02:34:15 PM »

I wimped out - 34F this moring is my lame excuse.

sws

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »

You missed out!  It turned out to be a great day.  2000 bikes maybe?  I was almost home without police intervention (unlike the spring ride) until one of the guys in our group did your standard target-fixate-send-bike-into-ditch routine.  (Guess which Milwaukee brand bike he was on.)  He's fine, but kids, please, take the motorcycle safety class.  100% preventable mishap.  My dad came along for the first time and took lots of pics, I'll post up a few when I get them.
WarrenJ

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 06:58:46 PM »

Glad you had a good trip.  I had to be in Sauk City today with a cage and saw all the bikes going past - it was heartbreaking.

I am thinking about taking Wednesday and Thursday off and riding from here (West of Oshkosh) down to Sauk City and taking 60 from there to Prairie du Chein then running up the Mississippi up to Hwy 29 and working my way back home.  The weather is supposed to be great and 60 from Gotham to Prairie du Chein is about 80 miles of connected sweepers.  It should be a good workout for the 750 Monster and a great ride near the end of the season. 

Hopefully things work out for your buddy and his Milwaukee bike.  One thing I was frustrated with last spring at the Run was all the cops.  I rode by myself on some pretty out of the way routes and there were cops tucked in everywhere.  I wasn't running hard and didn't get stopped, but having hall moniters everywhere trying to help their county make payroll  made the run just a little less fun. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: