Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:20:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198373 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2011, 11:28:05 PM »

WSBK and F1 this Sunday...WSBK on Speed as usual, but F1 jumps to Fox for the Silverstone race...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2011, 08:57:27 AM »

Speed is also showing two AMA races from Mid Ohio later today and two more tomorrow morning just before the WSBK. Often times the AMA Superbikes are more fun to watch than MotoGP and sometimes more fun than FIM.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2011, 12:19:22 PM »

Speed is also showing two AMA races from Mid Ohio later today and two more tomorrow morning just before the WSBK. Often times the AMA Superbikes are more fun to watch than MotoGP and sometimes more fun than FIM.

I believe 1x is an AMA motorcycle race, the other is a AMA dirt bike/moto-cross race.  I accidentally DVR's the wrong one before...really ruins the taste of your beer when you sit-down and discover you taped the wrong event.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:41:11 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2011, 01:35:37 PM »

I hate it when that happens.  chug  cheeky  I double checked the program guide this morning when I set the recorder and it definitely listed AMA Superbike and Sportbike (Daytona class?) for both races on both days. AMA is a one race per day on Sat & Sun deal. Could be wrong.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2011, 10:38:12 PM »

Exciting last few laps in race 2...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2011, 10:45:56 PM »

The AMA Daytona Superbike race 2 on Sunday was absolutely the best race I've seen all year.  waytogo  waytogo Better than anything WSBK has shown and definitely better than anything MotoGP  and Moto2 have come up with.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2011, 01:11:50 AM »

Looks like it's time to go download it then...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2011, 08:31:25 AM »

Looks like it's time to go download it then...

It was the Sunday race with Eslick, DiSalvo, Herron, etc. I hope I spelled the names right. You won't be sorry.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2011, 05:15:24 PM »

Race 1 wasn't bad either.   waytogo

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »

Race 1 wasn't bad either.   waytogo

So then, I didn't lie?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:03 AM »

So then, I didn't lie?

Don't know, haven't watched race 2 yet.   Grin

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »

It's MotoGP time again!  Tonight at 0200 on SPEED (1214 / 214 on Oceanic).  This championship round moves to Sachsenring, Germany.  Stoner has qualified for pole and Rossi will start from the last row, in the 16th position on the grid!  

Unfortunately, Rossi has already used 5 of the 6 allocated engines with plenty of races to go ... if he has to go over 6, he will be relegated to the 16th position in the pit lane regardless of where he qualifies.  Rossi reportedly "may" go back to the GP11 chassis after the Germany race .... The new chassis on the GP11.1 works well with next year's GP12 (1000cc) as its designed, but not the current 800cc setup.  

The following is from motogp.com- "The qualifying session for the German Grand Prix went very differently for Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi. Hayden posted the eighth-best time, four tenths from the first row, after lapping all weekend at a pace that was very close to that of the top riders. The Italian wasn’t able to find a setup that gave him a good feeling, and tomorrow he’ll face an uphill race, starting from the sixteenth spot on the grid."

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:44:58 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

TdF -- Sammy Sanchez   waytogo   Thomas Voeckler is riding his ass off!!  waytogo waytogo  Damn Good Race this year.  Cadel Evens too!

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2011, 09:16:17 PM »

Cracking MotoGP race today...  Dolphwaytogo

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »

Cracking MotoGP race today...  Dolphwaytogo

NO KIDDING!!!  Great to see some excitement back in the GP.   waytogo

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: