Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:21:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 789469 times)
The Architect

« Reply #8460 on: February 26, 2019, 07:56:00 AM »

Nice setup Nate!!!

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8461 on: February 26, 2019, 08:20:47 AM »

Thanks Frank.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8462 on: February 26, 2019, 05:37:04 PM »

Out at Nellis AFB training some PJ’s. (Carbine/Pistol) Just finished up day 2. Solid group of young dudes. Fighter jets buzzing us all day. F-18’s, F-35’s. Thunderbirds are practicing as well. Good times!

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #8463 on: February 26, 2019, 11:59:23 PM »

So that others may live

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8464 on: March 01, 2019, 03:49:15 PM »

Just finished with the boys. You name the drills (and a shit ton you’ve never seen) we ran them. Great week of training, and I’m slightly deaf after having fighter jets buzz us all day everyday. Had a really good night training session last night. After a little white light, we ran everything on NOD’s. Solid dudes! (mostly)

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
red baron

« Reply #8465 on: March 03, 2019, 06:44:17 AM »

I've been busy loading shot shells. I bought a PW 375C single stage for 20 gauge a while back and I use that for spreaders. You can kind of see it in the background on the right. I picked this beast up just before the first of the year... It's a PW 800+

It was set up for manual operation in the pic, but it came with a hydro unit, toolheads for 4 gauges, and a 40 gal barrel full of 12 gauge once fired hulls. With the hydro unit installed, and having a good session where nothing bad happens, trust me...when bad stuff happens shot and powder go flying everywhere Tongue, I can load about 750 shells an hour.

Is it worth the work?

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
red baron

« Reply #8466 on: March 03, 2019, 06:45:28 AM »

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8467 on: March 03, 2019, 10:19:47 AM »

Is it worth the work?

I can save a buck a box.

I don't really do it for the money saved. I do it so I can load what I want. I've been loading 7/8 oz lately. Light recoil, and when you're shooting 100 rounds in a couple hours it makes a difference...plus...it keeps me out of the bar. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #8468 on: March 05, 2019, 09:23:48 AM »

Is it worth the work?

reloading is not cost efficient.  don't get into it if you want to save money.  the up-front cost of the equipment can be very high and materials (bullets, powder, and primers) has gone way up.

I used to be able to get 7.62nato bullet pulls (FMJ 147gr) for around $50 per 1000.  Those days are gone, gone gone.

Load because you enjoy it or because you're a real perfectionist or because you like shooting some obscure caliber.  That's about it.

I still will load my 7.5 Swiss because none of the commercial ammo is as good as the original RUAG milsurp.  Hard to hit past 300m otherwise.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8469 on: March 05, 2019, 10:36:35 AM »

Anybody ever checked headspace on a new AR, direct from a manufacturer (i.e. complete, not pieced together)? I'm curious about this, and how stringent an off-the-shelf build is (or not) in this regard.

I've got all the important bits together for my AR10 build (all new stuff). Since I'm an anal, engineer sort, I figured I'd check headspace -- bolt closes on a no-go gauge. Info on the web regarding AR headspace is all over the map. Some say checking isn't needed, others swear by it.

Personally, I like to err on the safe side, but I tend to overthink too. Hopefully someone has some FHE....

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8470 on: March 05, 2019, 10:45:28 AM »

Put it together and run it like you stole it.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8471 on: March 05, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #8472 on: March 05, 2019, 08:54:58 PM »

No Warthog no care

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
GK

« Reply #8473 on: March 07, 2019, 01:21:59 AM »

No woman no cry.

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
red baron

« Reply #8474 on: March 07, 2019, 05:56:47 AM »

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/03/elaine-d/interview-with-a-gunwoman-becca-spinks-on-coming-up-through-the-ranks/

Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: