Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 07:16:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 841839 times)
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #3990 on: November 04, 2012, 04:55:30 PM »

Oh, and I have found issues using that method that caused jams. I have been able to adapt and prevent those issues from creating a problem if I really needed the gun.
Which method?

I agree, with the confidence part and if I had failures I'd change my method. I'm approaching 2500 rounds with my CCW, shooting as I described with no failures.

I guess I'm trying to justify to myself if it's worth it to send 20 SD rounds down range when I can put 100 down for the same price.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
DW

« Reply #3991 on: November 04, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »

Shooting the gun as carried, we have experienced mis-feeds with my wife's pistol. It turned out that the constant chambering and unchambering was causing ammo issues. We now leave it chambered unless we have to empty it for some reason and it seems to be fine.

Also, as pointed out earlier, I only run the one mag through of expensive stuff. For my gun, that is 10 rnds. I have three mags that are kept loaded. Every third trip to the range, they get refreshed.

Switching gears though, I'm still having occasional misfires on my Glock. Went to the range yesterday and had two misfires in 150 rounds. I'll be getting rid of it later this winter. Tired of dealing with it.
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3992 on: November 05, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »

My CCW is a wheel gun. I remove the SD ammo. When I carried a 1911 I would always shoot the chambered round. In my semi-auto's; due to compression issues with chambering a round multiple times, I always shot the chambered round and then switched to range ammo.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3993 on: November 05, 2012, 11:03:14 AM »

As this discussion goes, I personally think it's a good idea to spend some old self defense ammo down range. If it's been loaded in an auto or wheelgun a while I'd send it down range occasionally and refresh it with whatever you want (same stuff/new stuff). But it's obviously very important to know whatever ammo you carry functions 100% of the time. Duh... bang head If you get new ammo or even more of the same that you have been carrying I think you still need to run a mag or two of it to make sure it functions right.

Good self defense hollow point ammo ain't cheap these days. But the peaceful mindset is that it will work in the crunch is worth the cost. Like the old Bell helmet ads said "if you have a five dollar head then wear a five dollar helmet." Then again, I have nothing against reliable military ball ammo. Clint Smith (@ Thunder Ranch) felt the same way. Just ventilate their ass with a gun and ammo you KNOW will always work. waytogo Wink

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #3994 on: November 07, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »

I'm going to pick up a new carry piece sometime in the next couple of weeks.

The gun I'm leaning toward right now is the HK P2000SK in .40.

Anybody have an experience with one?

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3995 on: November 07, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »

I'm going to pick up a new carry piece sometime in the next couple of weeks.

The gun I'm leaning toward right now is the HK P2000SK in .40.

Anybody have an experience with one?

excellently engineered gun, but very square and fat.  Slide is 35mm wide.  Compare to a Glock 23.. 30mm.    Or a Kahr P40...24mm..

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3996 on: November 07, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »

HK = way over priced for what you get, and is simply not worth it in my opinion.  Pick up a well taken care of Glock 23 for carry, and you'll be in great shape.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3997 on: November 07, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »

HK = way over priced for what you get, and is simply not worth it in my opinion.  Pick up a well taken care of Glock 23 for carry, and you'll be in great shape.

+1

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3998 on: November 07, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »

or he could just get a rock and keep it in his pocket. Tongue

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3999 on: November 07, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »

I've gone back to carrying a G19 when I feel the need to have one with me.  I still like the CZ's ergos and shootability better, but the lack of decent holster options (and the pistol's sheer size) keep it from being an everyday contender. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4000 on: November 07, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »

I've gone back to carrying a G19 when I feel the need to have one with me.  I still like the CZ's ergos and shootability better, but the lack of decent holster options (and the pistol's sheer size) keep it from being an everyday contender. 
I don't think the SP-01 was ever intended as being a carry piece.

Check out High Noon holsters

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4001 on: November 07, 2012, 07:34:07 PM »

or he could just get a rock and keep it in his pocket. Tongue

Or a 'copy' of the real gun.  Kiss

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4002 on: November 07, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »

I don't think the SP-01 was ever intended as being a carry piece.

Check out High Noon holsters

Garage holsters makes a nice carry piece for the SP-01, as does Zero Concealment.  There's also a local company here in NoVa that I've been talking to about putting together a few CZ specific rigs.  I've just got to find the time to go out there and see them.

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4003 on: November 07, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4004 on: November 08, 2012, 04:51:31 PM »

I've got a couple of SP Rugers, nicely massaged by Jack Weigand and like my J frame Smiths they have been barrel ported by Mag-na-port. Sweet little wheel guns. waytogo

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: