Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 07:20:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 841853 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4020 on: November 18, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »

Ill swage.

I just tried a second case and it was really stiff in the die and the primer didn't pop out, jamming the case in the shell holder Tongue

Why are they this tight?  Is it the crimp on the primer?
Yes

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4021 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »

Is there any risk of bending or breaking the depriming pin in the sizing die?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4022 on: November 18, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »

Is there any risk of bending or breaking the depriming pin in the sizing die?
Yes... Grin

The Lee universal die works pretty well for avoiding that issue.

It has a system that allows the pin to move before it bends/breaks.

What dies are you using?

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #4023 on: November 19, 2012, 02:29:02 AM »

Rcbs

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4024 on: November 19, 2012, 02:59:08 AM »

That design will break. The Lee is the only one I've seen that shouldn't.

You can buy replacement pins for the RCBS

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #4025 on: November 19, 2012, 03:04:38 AM »

Thanks

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4026 on: November 19, 2012, 03:27:37 AM »

Thanks
RCBS customer service is very good.

Their prices are only a few bucks higher than Midway, and there are no up charges for small orders and high freight like Midway.

perspective

derby

« Reply #4027 on: November 27, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »

glock shooters, any word on whether the gen4 (and "recent production" gen3) issues have been resolved?

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
stateprez

« Reply #4028 on: November 27, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »

I've got 400-500 rounds of 115 FMJ through my 17 G4 with no issues.  Cycles fine with FMJ through the suppressor, also.

I believe they're sending new recoil springs to correct the FTF issues, no?

'03 999 Mono
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4029 on: November 27, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »

glock shooters, any word on whether the gen4 (and "recent production" gen3) issues have been resolved?

Ok, I'm assuming you are speaking about the issue with many (later production) Gen3 and Gen4 9mm Glocks pelting the shooter with expended brass, and other erratic ejection issues?  If so, the jury is still out.  I have a Gen3 19 and a Gen4 17 that were both assembled this year.  The 19 was test fired (case collected) in April and it ejects fairly erratically, with some brass going to the right, some going over my head, some going to the left and some going straight back into my face.  It's had about 700 rds of various loads (124gr fmj, 124gr +p fmj, 124gr +p JHP, 147 JFP and 147 JHP) put down the pipe, and seems to like the heavier rds the best.  The 17 was case collected in late October of this year.  It's had about 500 rds through it (pretty much all 147 gr) and has had MUCH more consistent ejection, with pretty much all of the rds kicking out (possibly a little weakly) to the right.  The ejection issues seem to stem mostly from a combination of factors, all starting around the conception of the Gen4 design.  A lot of people feel that the primary culprit is the ejector that originally came stock in the Gen3 guns (#336), but pistols that have had this part swapped out with the newer design are still suffering from inconsistent ejection.  The primary culprit IMO is actually the extractor, as the issues really seemed to surface when then went to the dipped, LCI piece.  Glock has sense been shipping newer production guns (i.e. my 17) with a new design extractor, which I feel has greatly helped fix the issue. This new extractor still has the "dip" in it, but is no where as pronounced as the original piece.  Apex tactical has designed their own part as well, which is made of better materials, but is hard to come buy; as it sells out almost immediately upon production.  Also, according to a couple of Glock insiders that I have spoken with, the Gen4 guns are mostly sorted now, you just have to check the production date to ensure you're getting a recent weapon.  The Gen3s seem to be posing a bit more of a problem for them though.  

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
derby

« Reply #4030 on: November 27, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »

Ok, I'm assuming you are speaking about the issue with many (later production) Gen3 and Gen4 9mm Glocks pelting the shooter with expended brass, and other erratic ejection issues?

yup.  waytogo

If so, the jury is still out.  

thanks.. that pretty much mirrors what i've read/seen. i took some brass to my glasses and girly friend took brass to the forehead from her "new" g19 gen3 the other day at the range. not sure when it was built, she still hasn't gotten back to me w/ the test fire info.

looks like (if i'm gonna buy now) i might as well go for the gen4 and hope for the best.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
sno_duc

« Reply #4031 on: November 27, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »

girly friend took brass to the forehead
When we lived in Colorado the wife and went shooting during the summer. One of those ranges that had dividers on the firing line. Being that it was in the 90's, Mrs. sno_duc was wearing a top that allowed for some "air flow". A spent casing (still quite warm) bounced of the divider and landed inside her blouse.  Shocked  laughingdp

A conclusion is the place you got tired of thinking
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4032 on: November 27, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »

There have been several instances where spent brass has been ejected from the weapon, erratically bounced out of the ejection port of the weapon and scarred the shooter on the fore-head.  I had one come out pretty forcefully, and leave a good sized mark on the lens of my eye-pro.  Hate to think what would have happened had I not had them on.  Good thing I also wear prescription lenses most of the time.  Otherwise I'd have to pull the 19 out of daily carry duties until it got sorted...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4033 on: November 27, 2012, 05:08:33 PM »

Ok, just saw this . . .

Arsenal Firearms announces BATFE’s permission to import the first ever industrial double barrel semi-automatic pistol. Will you buy one?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4034 on: November 27, 2012, 05:10:20 PM »

When we lived in Colorado the wife and went shooting during the summer. One of those ranges that had dividers on the firing line. Being that it was in the 90's, Mrs. sno_duc was wearing a top that allowed for some "air flow". A spent casing (still quite warm) bounced of the divider and landed inside her blouse.  Shocked  laughingdp
I hate when that happens... Grin

Ok, just saw this . . .

Arsenal Firearms announces BATFE’s permission to import the first ever industrial double barrel semi-automatic pistol. Will you buy one?

Old news dood...

seriously.

perspective

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: