Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 07:27:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 838029 times)
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4350 on: January 24, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »

As good as .22mag is it is also stupid expensive. I have a Win model 94 and an Anschutz bolt action rifle in .22mag I haven't shot in YEARS. Great guns but .22lr is just as fun and tons cheaper. Still love shooting my friend's CZ in .22mag... after all it's his ammo!! laughingdp laughingdp

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #4351 on: January 24, 2013, 01:31:18 PM »

The 22WMR and the .17HMR are NOT cheap rounds when compared to your Jumbo Box O'Fun 22LR ammo pack from Wallyworld

yeah $10 and you can shoot all day and not be sore!....22lr is a big box o fun for sure!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #4352 on: January 24, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »

yeah $10 and you can shoot all day and not be sore!....22lr is a big box o fun for sure!

After my dad died I inherited a Marlin Papoose 22lr I had never seen.  I took it to the range last month and gave it a try for the first time.  Lots of fun.  Though I gotta say, after firing some Magnum 00 Buck I didn't think the Papoose even fired the first time I pulled the trigger.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4353 on: January 24, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »

Picked it up today:

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #4354 on: January 24, 2013, 03:10:10 PM »

The Ruger 10/22 has a huge after-market parts supply to custom tweak your rifle to fit your exact desired pathology.

This.

I have one in a bullpup stock, and would like another. My favorite .22 of all time (I have many others).

Bulletproof too. My brother has one leaning against the wall in his shop for varmint purposes, full of machine shop grime, never been cleaned, works like a charm.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:12:00 PM by Speedbag » Logged

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4355 on: January 24, 2013, 04:18:37 PM »

No set trigger...unfortunately those went out with the 453 series at least as far as rimfires go. I think you can still get it in centerfire models I already have a 452 Lux in 22WMR that I love which is why I went to CZ again for the Varmint in .17hmr

YO Dave makes a trigger tuning kit for it so I may get there if I don't like the trigger after my son breaks it in for me :-)

I do love the CZ rimfires...you get near-Anschutz accuracy at less than half the price...and they are built like real rifles not like upgraded Pellet guns
My 527 FS has the set trigger. It's actually too light.

I forgot they did away with it in the 455 series.

My 452 Lux in 22LR doesn't. It's still a sweet little rifle.

I also have an old JC Higgins (marlin) single shot. It's great for pigeon duty with shotshells in the barn, and is surprisingly accurate for a 50-60 year old 22.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

The Architect

« Reply #4356 on: January 24, 2013, 05:44:14 PM »

I seem to have gone back to the 22lr. 

I needed this.   Grin

IMAG0303.jpg by anzalone22, on Flickr

The round is just as much fun as it was over 20 years ago.

Next on the list is the Ruger 10/22 FS

The Ruger 10/22 has a huge after-market parts supply to custom tweak your rifle to fit your exact desired pathology.

The CZ's not so much but they are getting there bit by slowly. 

The 22WMR and the .17HMR are NOT cheap rounds when compared to your Jumbo Box O'Fun 22LR ammo pack from Wallyworld

Ruger is starting to offer those after-market upgrades as standard parts on some of their models, like the FS.  I wanted a 10/22 so bad, many years ago but I couldn't afford it.  So I bought a Marlin Model 70, it was $30 less than the 10/20.  I will have my 10/22. 

Even 22 ammo seems to scarce these days........

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4357 on: January 24, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »

Jessie running 3 guns.  Smiley

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #4358 on: January 25, 2013, 12:41:29 AM »

I seem to have gone back to the 22lr. 

Even 22 ammo seems to scarce these days........

Yes everything is sold out due to current "climate"   folks are stockpiling and hoarding everything

The higher end match ammos are still available but even those will get snapped up by folks when new cheap ammo resupplies don't show up

This is an insult to the Pez community
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4359 on: January 25, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »

Plenty of 762x54 for your svd or nagant.  I just picked up another couple of crates.  15c/rd

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4360 on: January 25, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »

Buddy of mine has taken 2 Deer with a 22lr this season.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
scduc

« Reply #4361 on: January 25, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »

Not sure how much this really relates to guns, but this is what the Milwaukee sheriff had to say. Too bad I only live close to Milwaukee county. The guy is freak'n amazing.  waytogo

http://fox6now.com/2013/01/25/sheriff-clarke-calling-911-and-waiting-is-no-longer-your-best-option/

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4362 on: January 25, 2013, 03:57:47 PM »

Buddy of mine has taken 2 Deer with a 22lr this season.
Talk amongst NH F&G is that more deer have been taken over the years with 22lr than any caliber.

No tags of course. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4363 on: January 25, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »

Talk amongst NH F&G is that more deer have been taken over the years with 22lr than any caliber.

No tags of course. Wink

Wink

fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4364 on: January 26, 2013, 08:36:59 AM »

I believe my property in east Texas is the center of the universe when it comes to poaching with .22s. Or any other caliber. The deer season is 12 months long! laughingdp No wonder I hardly ever see any deer on my place even though my step son and his Dad have two giant corn feeders there. With very little pressure what deer with good common critter sense wouldn't come back to a nice secluded corn feeder every day. Their game cameras have shown nothing but a few raccoons and one or two hogs at 3:00am.

I think of poachers every time I hear a single shot off in the distance. Who shots once out of season? Answer: poachers with .22s. bang head Angry

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: