Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 01:30:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 837953 times)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #4440 on: February 01, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »

Know the condition of your weapon at all times. It's not difficult.
Well said, if you cherish your life Grin
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4441 on: February 01, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »

Sounds like you might have been to a range once or twice in your life. Grin

Cheesy

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
hbliam
« Reply #4442 on: February 01, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »

This.  Tab wearers have tons of hours on Glocks with VERY few incidents of negligent discharges. 

Simple statistics. Cops generally carry more hours (basically 40+ hours a week for 30 years) and holster and unholster their weapons more times per day then the military. I holster/unholster 6-10 times a night on average depending on how many people I take to jail (can't take guns in a jail).

The classmate I mentioned that shot his partner in the gunfight? Military. The SWAT guy that shot his teammate? Military. Neither were glocks. Just stupid mistakes. Both were kicked off the special teams they were on.

hbliam
« Reply #4443 on: February 01, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »

Glock claims 65% of PD's in the US use their product.

If that figure is accurate how bad can the design be?

Seems to me it's simple negligence.

Keep in mind I'm not a Glock guy

They use them because they are cheap, because they don't need much maintenance, and because they are simple. Most agencies in Southern California let you use what you want from an approved list. 90% of my agency and my last agency carry 1911's.

LAPD issues glocks. LASD does not. It all depends on what the range master likes.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4444 on: February 01, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp I holstered and un holstered my (unsafe Glock) over 100 times just today.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
hbliam
« Reply #4445 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp I holstered and un holstered my (unsafe Glock) over 100 times just today.

You aren't in the average job in the military.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4446 on: February 01, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »

We still have M9's.  I wish they gave us Glock's.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4447 on: February 01, 2013, 08:54:33 PM »

We still have M9's.  I wish they gave us Glock's.

They're coming, it'll probably take a few years before they get to you guys.

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4448 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »

They're coming, it'll probably take a few years before they get to you guys.

Yes, us lowly Guard guys have to wait for the hand-me-downs.  Sad

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4449 on: February 01, 2013, 09:03:58 PM »

Simple statistics. Cops generally carry more hours (basically 40+ hours a week for 30 years) and holster and unholster their weapons more times per day then the military.

Guess you either didn't notice that I said tab wearers, or don't have a clue as to the demographic that refers to.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
hbliam
« Reply #4450 on: February 01, 2013, 09:09:34 PM »

Guess you either didn't notice that I said tab wearers, or don't have a clue as to the demographic that refers to.

My father in law is a tab wearer.

Isn't the average time of service in the military around ten years?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:12:07 PM by hbliam » Logged
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4451 on: February 01, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »

My father in law is a tab wearer.

Isn't the average time of service in the military around ten years?

Not in that community.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
hbliam
« Reply #4452 on: February 01, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »

Not in that community.

True, he did 20+.

All I am saying is statistically cops handle firearms more often so of course they would have more AD's. And you would need to compare your tab wearers with specialized units of the police to have a more accurate comparison. Of course the best of the best have less AD's.

LAPD, LASD, and LBPD (3 biggest agencies in LA County) SWAT/SEB all carry 1911's.
hbliam
« Reply #4453 on: February 01, 2013, 09:31:03 PM »

Back to guns. Glock even. I have a G36 I'm going to list in the classifieds. What are they worth these days? With three mags, with mag holder and hoster.
The Architect

« Reply #4454 on: February 02, 2013, 04:42:05 AM »

Back to guns. Glock even. I have a G36 I'm going to list in the classifieds. What are they worth these days? With three mags, with mag holder and hoster.

(Start of joke)

The way things are going these day, you should get about $6,000 for that.

(End of joke)

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: