Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 03:39:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 535074 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1470 on: May 23, 2010, 06:15:45 PM »

sounds like y'all had fun waytogo

it was one hell day at the races Undecided

I'm super glad you and Matt could come out today, DM.  This was a SUPER CRAPPY day to be at the track.  That wind was absolutely merciless.  

For those who weren't there, my junk ran like a champ in practice, then like junk during the race.  I'm pretty bummed.  The wind tore up my junk shelter.  Ethanol gas tore up my fiberglass tank.  Fiberglass junk tore up my fuel filter.    I replace the fuel filter and the bike went back to running like junk.  Damnit!!!!  To top it off I broke my rear brake lever putting the damned bike on the truck.  I dunno how, but it got bent, then I broke it straightening it.  

At least they're cheap, and I still didn't finish last.  But I tried to. Cry

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #1471 on: May 23, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »

Scott did not have the best of days but he did get that stubborn Aermacchi to start after a stall at the beginning of the race. Amazing recovery....  And he wasn't last!  Stu and I were cheering and pitting for Scott.  But that didn't help Scott's luck much.  In spite of bad luck he and the Aermacchi live to fight another day!   applause

I had a great day!  Got to see Karl, ride with JJ to the Crest, watch Scott race, yap with Stu ....etc.   waytogo

Today I was on the Blackbird so I shredded some rubber keeping up with JJ on the Crest Road.  When he missed that shift and went wide, I thought that he was just inviting me to pass on the inside....!!!    laughingdp

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #1472 on: May 24, 2010, 03:29:20 AM »

I'm super glad you and Matt could come out today, DM.  This was a SUPER CRAPPY day to be at the track.  That wind was absolutely merciless.  

For those who weren't there, my junk ran like a champ in practice, then like junk during the race.  I'm pretty bummed.  The wind tore up my junk shelter.  Ethanol gas tore up my fiberglass tank.  Fiberglass junk tore up my fuel filter.    I replace the fuel filter and the bike went back to running like junk.  Damnit!!!!  To top it off I broke my rear brake lever putting the damned bike on the truck.  I dunno how, but it got bent, then I broke it straightening it.  

At least they're cheap, and I still didn't finish last.  But I tried to. Cry
waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1473 on: May 24, 2010, 03:30:05 AM »

Was good to ride yesterday morning (still no plates, just took my paperwork with me if anyone stopped me...).  First time I'd been on a ride in a month.  Shocked

Was great to see Scott doing better than the last time I saw him (bike was running too rich and would barely even run as it sputtered around the track).  Now, at least, she was running around the track.  The sometimes sustained 40+mph winds would hurl the Aermacchi down the front straight and then hinder it all along the back straight.  Tongue

Was still cool to cheer for a friend out there doing what he (sometimes) loves.  waytogo

Oh yeah, and I put 95 trouble-free miles on my Triumph too!  [moto]

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1474 on: May 24, 2010, 04:04:33 AM »

ah we missed ya ed Undecided

it was a great fun to see everyone, but a long day for the riders...i just hope that everyone was ok...there was a few crashes..

I HATE THE make the beast with two backsING WIND

speaking of wind, i finally rode the bike into work today...but as the wonderful weatherman say the wind is suppose to die down Tongue

hope everyone has a good moanday  [moto]

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner

« Reply #1475 on: May 24, 2010, 04:14:06 AM »

Was good to ride yesterday morning (still no plates, just took my paperwork with me if anyone stopped me...).  First time I'd been on a ride in a month.  Shocked

Was great to see Scott doing better than the last time I saw him (bike was running too rich and would barely even run as it sputtered around the track).  Now, at least, she was running around the track.  The sometimes sustained 40+mph winds would hurl the Aermacchi down the front straight and then hinder it all along the back straight.  Tongue

Was still cool to cheer for a friend out there doing what he (sometimes) loves.  waytogo

Oh yeah, and I put 95 trouble-free miles on my Triumph too!  [moto]

I'm glad you and Ed could come out, too.  It was a hell of a day, but after a little time to reflect, at least I didn't find the ground.  I don't know what I have to do to get some clean race laps, but at least they're not "dirty" race laps.   waytogo

As Krystle mentioned, there were lots of folks who weren't so lucky yesterday.  One race (Vintage Lightweight) was red flagged TWICE (and had to be restarted twice, of course) due to severe accidents, one involving the ambulance.  I think that rider was the only one who didn't get up quickly, though.

For those of you who shop at Moto Authority, you might want to stop in and check on Steve Caruso.  (don't make the beast with two backs with him, just check on him, damnit)  He got off in turn one and tweaked an ankle.  His low-side get off didn't look too bad until he started tumbling.  I was glad to see him walk (limp) away from that one.  I'm sure he could use a little encouragement and good will right now.  He's probably hurting pretty bad this morning.

See another post for discussion of the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend Cheesy Movie Festival at the Casa di Cloner.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1476 on: May 24, 2010, 04:30:57 AM »

As Krystle mentioned, there were lots of folks who weren't so lucky yesterday.  One race (Vintage Lightweight) was red flagged TWICE (and had to be restarted twice, of course) due to severe accidents, one involving the ambulance.  I think that rider was the only one who didn't get up quickly, though.

For those of you who shop at Moto Authority, you might want to stop in and check on Steve Caruso.  (don't make the beast with two backs with him, just check on him, damnit)  He got off in turn one and tweaked an ankle.  His low-side get off didn't look too bad until he started tumbling.  I was glad to see him walk (limp) away from that one.  I'm sure he could use a little encouragement and good will right now.  He's probably hurting pretty bad this morning.

See another post for discussion of the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend Cheesy Movie Festival at the Casa di Cloner.

ya! it sucked cause all the accidents were in my corners...but the guy that went down in 3 hit really hard...i just hope he was ok...but from what i heard after the races, the guys were ok just went to er to get checked out....

ya that was no fun seeing steve go down either, im glad he was ok but im sure sore  Undecided

oooooh now i cant wait...now time to start thinking and downloading some movies..
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:32:29 AM by DucMouse » Logged

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner

« Reply #1477 on: May 24, 2010, 09:52:53 AM »

...i just hope that everyone was ok...there was a few crashes..

I just got a note from Jeremy Ragsdale, #519, who crashed in turn 3 and was carried off in the meat wagon.  He has a broken collar bone and a broken bone in his hand, but he's mostly OK.  He asked us to forward a special "Thank you" to the corner workers and EMTs for their quick action and expedient care.

Just F.Y.I.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:55:53 AM by Cloner » Logged

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1478 on: May 24, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »

I just got a note from Jeremy Ragsdale, #519, who crashed in turn 3 and was carried off in the meat wagon.  He has a broken collar bone and a broken bone in his hand, but he's mostly OK.  He asked us to forward a special "Thank you" to the corner workers and EMTs for their quick action and expedient care.

Just F.Y.I.

thx scott! i was wandering how he was...the guy that he hit with was freaking out, i hope he knows and is better...

matt went and saw steve..

Broken r pinky/ lower back/chin pain..

Swollen ankle.. Going to dr today..

spankin™

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1479 on: May 24, 2010, 05:05:26 PM »

Yes Zaster, what a nice start to the year on the Crest! It was awesome riding behind Zaster again with John showing some cool skills. Wasn't yet comfortable enough to push, with some holes and bumps...but still Crest has it all to get your mouth dry with rush!!! Had another shot with Ed...Kept it easy...a false neutral on a right sweeper, that Ed must have noticed Huh?, was the only blunder...Otherwise just working the sores from a busy day...Lets keep it going!!! [moto]
Amen brother [moto]
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1480 on: May 28, 2010, 05:04:53 PM »

Any action this weekend?  [moto]
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1481 on: May 28, 2010, 07:49:04 PM »

Any action this weekend?  [moto]

I'll head south and meet you all at CAD  (10-10:30?) if nothing else is planned my way and North...post up by morning?...After the rain, the Crest may be slick and nice for some scrubbin...  waytogo [moto]

Ride forever...
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1482 on: May 29, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »

I'm heading out tomorrow morning. Don't know where to...  Anyone else?!?

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1483 on: May 29, 2010, 04:48:33 AM »

I'll head south and meet you all at CAD  (10-10:30?) if nothing else is planned my way and North...post up by morning?...After the rain, the Crest may be slick and nice for some scrubbin...  waytogo [moto]
JJ,
Are you talking Sat. or Sunday?
Cloner

« Reply #1484 on: May 29, 2010, 08:21:43 AM »

I'm heading out tomorrow morning. Don't know where to...  Anyone else?!?

If "tomorrow" means Sunday, I'm in.  It's obviously too late (it's just past noon as I type this) on Saturday to do very much.  I'm cleaning and getting ready for Movie Night!

Let's plant to meet at CAD around 9:30 or 10:00 and go from there.

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: