Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 15, 2024, 07:39:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 500343 times)
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #1680 on: July 10, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »

I made a nice run up and down the Crest today, Saturday.  However, I found two issues for Sunday riders to look for and to avoid.   

The first is that a few corners higher up have red sand and what looks to be gray gravel.  The red sand is left over from the winter but the gray gravel almost looks like some one threw a shovel full of the stuff on the road.  Maybe the stuff fell off a delivery truck's underside but maybe....it got there some other way.  In any case, watch for it.  It was like riding on marbles.....  [moto]

The second issue is that the Sheriff deputies are trolling the Crest road in slick topped old Crown Victoria Fords with radar.  Other deputies were also sitting under a road side tree a few miles north of CAD on Hwy 14.  I think they were practicing for Sunday.     Police

In the category of semi-useless but interesting information, Motorsport on Montgomery is no longer a Honda dealer.  They sold their franchise to the "Garcia Motor Group" who intends to start a dealership in the area of the Acura Dealer and Smart Car dealer on West Montano.  They have no motorcycle experience but maybe they are hoping their "Smart Car" franchise success transfers to motorcycles. 

Here's one way that the two franchises could be combined.   laughingdp

smart car tricks 

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1681 on: July 10, 2010, 07:39:37 PM »

I made a nice run up and down the Crest today, Saturday.  However, I found two issues for Sunday riders to look for and to avoid.   
The first is that a few corners higher up have red sand and what looks to be gray gravel.  The red sand is left over from the winter but the gray gravel almost looks like some one threw a shovel full of the stuff on the road.  Maybe the stuff fell off a delivery truck's underside but maybe....it got there some other way.  In any case, watch for it.  It was like riding on marbles.....  [moto]
The second issue is that the Sheriff deputies are trolling the Crest road in slick topped old Crown Victoria Fords with radar.  Other deputies were also sitting under a road side tree a few miles north of CAD on Hwy 14.  I think they were practicing for Sunday.     Police

Thanks a ton and keeping an eye out for us!!! waytogo We will watch for marbles and 'em smart  Police  chug

Ride forever...
JJ

« Reply #1682 on: July 11, 2010, 05:07:35 AM »

Was damp and raining this morning...Sorry no play with brand new tire...Be safe and pull off a fun day...! waytogo

Ride forever...
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #1683 on: July 11, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »

Was good seeing everyone at CAD this morning.  I hope nobody got caught by the man up on crest road.  FWIW  Cedar Crest fueling stations leave much to be desired!  Seriously.. What town has 2 gas stations.. and NO GAS!!  /Rant over.   Matt, Krystle, Scott.. it was great riding with you this morning.  Maybe next time we'll have better road conditions and some freaking fuel.   Grin   I'm gonna go find something productive to do with the effects of my doubleshot Irish cream iced latte now! 

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1684 on: July 11, 2010, 08:04:48 AM »

Was good seeing everyone at CAD this morning.  I hope nobody got caught by the man up on crest road.  FWIW  Cedar Crest fueling stations leave much to be desired!  Seriously.. What town has 2 gas stations.. and NO GAS!!  /Rant over.   Matt, Krystle, Scott.. it was great riding with you this morning.  Maybe next time we'll have better road conditions and some freaking fuel.   Grin   I'm gonna go find something productive to do with the effects of my doubleshot Irish cream iced latte now!  
+1    The second run to the ski valley was awesome...next to no cages and no  Police....hooked up with Mark on the way back waytogo

Was damp and raining this morning...Sorry no play with brand new tire...Be safe and pull off a fun day...! waytogo
We missed you.

Ed,
Thanks for the heads up.....your assessment was right on waytogo
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:14:08 PM by Zaster » Logged
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #1685 on: July 11, 2010, 02:46:21 PM »

Sorry zaster.. Some stuff came up.. 

I had plans already.. Ill swing by later this week.

It was great to see everyone today..

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
NinjaHarHar
« Reply #1686 on: July 11, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »

All the garbage on the Crest road (sand and gravel) is from very heavy rains last week washing it all over the road.  Even the bigger grey gravel can get washed out in the kind of torrents we had last week. 

Anytime the top of the mountain is in a rain cloud, expect to encounter some road debris on your next ride up the crest. 
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1687 on: July 12, 2010, 04:00:12 AM »

after we left CAD we just hit S14 and it was just perfect...

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1688 on: July 12, 2010, 07:05:49 AM »

I didn't notice the Crest Road being all that messy outside of the pavement that was trashed over the winter.  I rode the thing three times Sunday morning and only saw one spot of real concern where gravel had washed out on the straight section just below the ski area.  The road was wet for the first two trips, but we carried a fair pace on the last trip up.   That was the trip with PJ on his Husqy motard thingy.

It was good to see all the usual suspects.  Ed, Karl, Lorenzo, Matt, Krystle, Wayne, Adam, Mark Holmes, Hurley, PJ, the other PJ...the old one with the Parillas, Jonesy, Red, Tom Rolland, and a host of other characters. 

Did anyone else notice the very cool SR500 "Streettracker" that showed up?  I'd hit it.    [moto]

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Ratfink749

« Reply #1689 on: July 12, 2010, 07:50:06 AM »

Did anyone else notice the very cool SR500 "Streettracker" that showed up?  I'd hit it.    [moto]
I saw it.. It made me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class...  Wink

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #1690 on: July 12, 2010, 09:00:57 PM »

Rope climbing...? gym class....?   Watch out or you will get us all carbon dated for remembering old shit like that!    Cool

No sane, lawsuit fearing, gym teacher of today would ever consider letting kids climb an old fat rope, 20 feet to the ceiling of the gym....!  Totally nuts!

In any case, Scott, I was there when the fellow started the SR500 Street Tracker and rode it off.  It looked quite nice and had a good bark, but the fellow rode it so darn conservatively, that I couldn't tell if it had any real scoot...    coffee

A bike of that style deserves to be ridden hard....   Think about how nice it would have been if he had bounced over the curb at CAD, spun the tire in the sand on the road and "crossed it up" as he drifted it down Hwy 14.   applause

There's never a good hooligan around when you really need one.....  laughingdp

Flog that Dogie!

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
JJ

« Reply #1691 on: July 14, 2010, 05:39:07 AM »

Hello from North!  Grin It is Wednesday and I'm already waiting on the weekend...Whats the plan...I have new shoes, motivation and spirit! Let rock n roll  [moto]

Ride forever...
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1692 on: July 14, 2010, 05:46:09 AM »

i totally wana ride, but dont know where and how far i wana go...i should probably do a long trip just soo i can get my stamina  laughingdp

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Ratfink749

« Reply #1693 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:21 AM »

i totally wana ride, but dont know where and how far i wana go...i should probably do a long trip just soo i can get my stamina  laughingdp
Stamina..?? whats that? Huh? Huh?

Dirty people say:
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1694 on: July 14, 2010, 06:45:03 AM »

Stamina..?? whats that? Huh? Huh?

nothing important laughingdp

spankin™

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: