Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 03, 2024, 06:21:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 495316 times)
Kawboy

« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2009, 10:29:34 AM »

Good one Kawboy!   Grin Grin  We need an emoticon with fudge smeared all over it's mouth.  I'll check the email, but before I go there, I need to update Dusty and Kingbaby about the Tuesday in Taos idea.  I don't know how I overlooked this, but that is the day Thug goes under the knife for adrenal surgery. So I need to be around for that.     Embarrassed

This is the closest I could find. 

Tuesday in Taos  ?? 

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
kingbaby

« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »

This is the closest I could find. 

Tuesday in Taos  ?? 

We talked to Bonfy this morning about meeting in Taos Tuesday because it was your day off. we were going to call later today, figuring you worked last night.  If you (and anyboby else) can ride that day lets do it, and try to meet the SPH the next day she can.

Bonfy, Hope your little monster has a safe & successful surgery.   waytogo

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #422 on: February 22, 2009, 12:03:03 PM »

HP,
The S14 run was a blast...can't wait for the Crest to be ridable again [moto]
xsuperbikeracerx
« Reply #423 on: February 22, 2009, 07:47:51 PM »

Chazz, Dean, and I rode all day! It was such an awesome day to ride! Then I took my girl for a ride, I think I need to get her gear that fits!!! laughingdp cheeky

She absolutely LOVED it, I am so taking her riding more often. It's mini Miss Hiside Grin
hunkypunk
« Reply #424 on: February 22, 2009, 09:19:44 PM »

HP,
The S14 run was a blast...can't wait for the Crest to be ridable again [moto]
Zaster it was great we should have done a double run!
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #425 on: February 23, 2009, 07:47:44 AM »

Yea!  I am finally feeling better after a three day headache/upset stomach.  I still don't think it was the flu because it came on like one of my usual headaches.

It sounds like everyone got some saddle time in.  What a blast!  Cute picture of your daughter, XSPRCRX.  You'll have to get her her own bike soon. 

Kawboy's heading up this way today so I am going to meet him somewhere between Salida and Canyon City.  The headache episode left me feeling like I'd been et by a wolf and shit over a cliff.  So I am limiting my ride to Salida on the outside.  Can't wait to get on the Monster and have some company up here.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
TheMav

Flux capacitor capable

« Reply #426 on: February 23, 2009, 06:56:44 PM »

Wow!  What great weather today.  My scoot said 72 when I got out of class so I rode for about 2 hours before I had to get home to feed.  The next few days are going to be even better.  I just CAN NOT wait until spring really hits.  I really want to take the liner out of the jacket and switch to lighter gloves.

Anyone else get out for a good one?   [moto]

There is no such thing as natural selection...only a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #427 on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »

I got out today!  I met Kawboy in Salida and we rode back to the Springs.  I will let him do the documentary of his trip.  My trip was awesome.  Felt so good to be back on the Monster.  Finally passed 15000 today between Penrose and Fountain.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
xsuperbikeracerx
« Reply #428 on: February 23, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »

So my most awesome BF is flying me to LA this Friday, i am so going riding with the Giz (yes she is going with me) I will be sure to send pics!!!!! Grin Grin Grin
I hope everyone has a wonderful upcoming weekend. Love to all!!! waytogo
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:18:04 AM by xsuperbikeracerx » Logged
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #429 on: February 24, 2009, 06:02:34 AM »

Hey bonfy ,
                 how was the ride from Salida,??  I  rode sat. to Cotopaxi, didn't have time to go further, too late in the day. It wasn't too dirty, tho' it usually get's worse in the canyon, sand and rocks. I rode the hell out of the XR sat. morn. and didn't leave much time for the Duc. Well hope You and Kawboy had fun, talk at you soon [moto]

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #430 on: February 24, 2009, 07:27:51 AM »

When I was heading for Salida, I noticed a little sand right down the center strip of the lane in the corners off and on, but not so much coming back.  It was actually really clean for this time of year.  It was a great ride yesterday.  Between Cotapaxi and Salida, it got cold and misty.  Kawboy said it got colder and colder from Alamosa  up to the pass and into Salida. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Kawboy

« Reply #431 on: February 26, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »

I got out today!  I met Kawboy in Salida and we rode back to the Springs.  I will let him do the documentary of his trip.  My trip was awesome.  Felt so good to be back on the Monster.  Finally passed 15000 today between Penrose and Fountain.

Well, finally have enough time to do this.  A great trip to the Springs and back, with a few minor glitches.  Nice temps leaving Bernalillo with cloudy skies.  All's well to Alamosa.  Still a lot of snow on the ground along 285 at San Antonio Mt.  Left Alamosa with the temps in the mid 50's heading to Salida.  The clouds were thick over the mountains on the left and right.  Could see rain falling from them and all the while  the temp was slowly dropping.  By the time I got to the pass going into Poncha Springs.  The temp was around 33 and a rain snow mix was hitting me.  Fortunately the road was just wet and not icy.  Coming down to Poncha Spring I was cold and was in a hurry to get down where it was warmer ( I didn't have all my cold gear on).  Come around acorner to a straight and didn't see the local gendarme sitting on the side.  84 in a 55.  CRAP!!  And only 5 miles from where I was meeting Bonfy.  DOUBLE CRAP!!  Met up with Bonfy in the middle of Salida passing each other.  Perfect timing, thanks to the Sheriff  Angry .  The ride to the SPrings with Bonfy was great (and warmer). 
Left Tuesday morning going south on I-25 to Walsenburg and took a side loop from there to Rt 12 through the Spanish Peaks to Trinidad.  Great road.  Needs to be ridden by all.  It's a 70 mile loop through beautiful country and twisty roads.  Thought I was on the Crest Rd. for a portion of it.  Had to be a little careful, though.  Melting snow running across the road and gravel on the road.  Wait till the snow and gravel are gone and then hit it.  Was going to go over through Cimarron and Taos but spent too much time on Rt 12 taking pictures.  Had to run I-25 straight down to home with a 30 mph cross wind most of the way.  Annoying. 

Along 285 at San Antonio Mt,

Bonfy at home

Leaving Tuesday morning

Cruising I-25

Spanish Peaks

Lake along Rt 12

Along Rt 12

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #432 on: February 26, 2009, 08:09:55 PM »

You guys are a true inspiration to the warm weather riders..great pics waytogo

Dusty
« Reply #433 on: February 26, 2009, 08:17:33 PM »

Absolutely!  Thanks for sharing your trip Kawboy!  Looks cold but great.  Sooooo...did you get a ticket??  Police  Or did you show em your tits?    Roll Eyes

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #434 on: February 26, 2009, 08:58:08 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Good one, Dusty! 

My side of the ride was alot warmer than Kawboy's.  Kind of chilly between Cotapaxi and Salida, but most pleasant from Cotapaxi into the Springs.  It was a great ride.  It was so fun to have Kawboy up from the hood.  I have a picture of his new riding buddy - the roadrunner - I was trying to load it when my damned batteries gave out again.  I am getting new rechargeables tomorrow.

Kawboy spied Waugh Mountain on the map.  It's directly north of Cotapaxi.  That one's definitely getting climbed.   Evil Evil bacon

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: