Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 02:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503084 times)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #855 on: July 23, 2009, 05:32:14 AM »

I am planning on riding this Saturday on the the good ol' crest.  It should be about 9-9:30 that I am going to be up there.

sounds good, i will be there..

wana meet at coofee at dawn at 9?!?!

[moto] [moto]

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #856 on: July 24, 2009, 08:44:05 AM »

Looks like I'm out for th morning got dentist t 930,then gotta run to pick my mom at the airport at 1030

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #857 on: July 25, 2009, 11:03:26 AM »

I am planning on riding this Saturday on the the good ol' crest.  It should be about 9-9:30 that I am going to be up there.
Nice riding with you Goduc [moto]
hunkypunk
« Reply #858 on: July 25, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »

Hey Karl what about tomorrow? I could be ready early  chug
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #859 on: July 25, 2009, 12:53:08 PM »

Hey Karl what about tomorrow? I could be ready early  chug
You know I'm riding tomorrw [moto] What time?
hunkypunk
« Reply #860 on: July 25, 2009, 01:53:40 PM »

by me at 830 or 9?
 bow down  bacon
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #861 on: July 25, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »

by me at 830 or 9?
 bow down  bacon
So 8:30 at your casa it is waytogo I will be on the
Monster since I've been told that my front tire on the 1098
is toast.  Cry

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #862 on: July 26, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »

Fun, fun fun.... applause
Did a Crest run with HP when we ran into DucMouse and THP. On the way back Cloner
made an appearance. BTW, thanks for suckering.....I mean talking me into a third Crest ride.
Enjoyed following you and thanks for sharing your skills ...Did you find out why Jeremia was
not catching up to us...hope he's OK
Goduc

« Reply #863 on: July 26, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »

Like always it was good to ride with you too Zaster.  Need to get it done a couple more times before I am up in Denver.

07' Ducati Monster S4R - Ducati Performance Corse Slipper Clutch w/ Aluminum Pressure Plate, Open Clutch Cover, Nichols Lightweight Flywheel, Pazzo Levers, Speedy Moto Top Triple, Vortex Clip-Ons, Sato Rear Sets, Lowered Gauges, Dual Headlights, and Integrated LED Tail Light.
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #864 on: July 26, 2009, 04:48:55 PM »

Did a Crest run with HP when we ran into DucMouse and THP. On the way back Cloner
made an appearance. BTW, thanks for suckering.....I mean talking me into a third Crest ride.
Enjoyed following you and thanks for sharing your skills ...Did you find out why Jeremia was

was that that dude on the harley that went with u guys?

Like always it was good to ride with you too Zaster.  Need to get it done a couple more times before I am up in Denver.

yes much more riding to be had

spankin™

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #865 on: July 26, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »

was that that dude on the harley that went with u guys?
Yes, real nice guy but he was trying to keep up with us on a bike not exactly made for cornering.
I stayed behind him most of the way up and saw him throwing sparks in some corners when his kickstand made contact with the road.
I thought he stretched the bike's limit a bit but he didn't appear to ride beyond his limits. We lost sight of him on the way down and pulled over to wait for him. When he didn't show up Cloner went back up to check on him.

Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #866 on: July 26, 2009, 07:27:27 PM »

It was good to catch up to you guys, too.  I enjoyed the day on the Supersport.  That bike is sooooo comfortable for me to ride and I had forgotten what it feels like to actually KNOW what the front of a bike is doing.  Too cool!

Jeremiah wadded.  Someone who stopped said it looked like he had locked the rear, but he kept insisting he wasn't even using the rear brake.  After getting the bike in some sort of riding order (after bending the bars back somewhere near straight, repairing and bleeding the brakes, and a few other temp fixes) we discovered upon trying to start the engine that it wasn't the brake that locked.  The bike's fuel injection ran up, then we turned the starter and the bike went "Clunk".  We removed the plugs, hit the starter and the bike went "Clunk".  We tried pushing the bike to turn the engine (in case the starter was somehow fouled up) and the tire just slid.  It appears the engine or transmission is what locked and put him into the guard rail.  Pretty poor quality for a damned near new Harley.  I hope he can get HD to fess up to something that caused the bike to lock up.  I think he said he's only had it a couple of weeks, though he did buy it second hand.

All in all, a pretty decent day until I went back to find a pretty fair rider under a guardrail.  I gave Jeremiah my number in case he needs some sort of witness to the event.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #867 on: July 26, 2009, 07:41:06 PM »

Thanks for the update...I was wandering about the kid all day and kicked myself for not going back up with you.... but most of all I'm glad he is OK.
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #868 on: July 27, 2009, 06:06:23 AM »

Talking about Jeremiah, we forgot to mention the coolest happening of the weekend!

I know you've all seen cool vehicles at Coffee at Dawn.  I've seen a Norton Manx, a Kaw 500 two-stroke triple, a pristine CB1000, Porsches, a Ferrari...heck, just yesterday there was a beautiful 750 Paso, a nice CBX, a race replica 999s Xerox, and an Indian Scout.  However, I imagine we could have sold half the bikes in the parking lot and not paid for the early 50s Vincent Rapide (I think....my Vincent knowledge isn't perfect) that showed up around 10:00 am!  I have never seen a more stunning example, and not only was it perfect, it was perfect AND the owner RODE it!!!  I've always been a member of the "Won't Own It If I Can't Ride It" club, but this is one that probably deserved museum status.  I wish Godec had been there with his camera.  Rapides typically trade at over $60k per copy, with really nice examples sometimes eclipsing the 100k mark.

I think Ducmouse got a few cell phone photos.  Maybe she can share some with the group? 

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #869 on: July 27, 2009, 06:18:08 AM »

It was good to catch up to you guys, too.  I enjoyed the day on the Supersport.  That bike is sooooo comfortable for me to ride and I had forgotten what it feels like to actually KNOW what the front of a bike is doing.  Too cool!

Jeremiah wadded.  Someone who stopped said it looked like he had locked the rear, but he kept insisting he wasn't even using the rear brake.  After getting the bike in some sort of riding order (after bending the bars back somewhere near straight, repairing and bleeding the brakes, and a few other temp fixes) we discovered upon trying to start the engine that it wasn't the brake that locked.  The bike's fuel injection ran up, then we turned the starter and the bike went "Clunk".  We removed the plugs, hit the starter and the bike went "Clunk".  We tried pushing the bike to turn the engine (in case the starter was somehow fouled up) and the tire just slid.  It appears the engine or transmission is what locked and put him into the guard rail.  Pretty poor quality for a damned near new Harley.  I hope he can get HD to fess up to something that caused the bike to lock up.  I think he said he's only had it a couple of weeks, though he did buy it second hand.

All in all, a pretty decent day until I went back to find a pretty fair rider under a guardrail.  I gave Jeremiah my number in case he needs some sort of witness to the event.

Shocked wow poor guy, now that is crappy for him, glad he wasnt hurt bad.....

hope they can get his bike back together

Talking about Jeremiah, we forgot to mention the coolest happening of the weekend!

I know you've all seen cool vehicles at Coffee at Dawn.  I've seen a Norton Manx, a Kaw 500 two-stroke triple, a pristine CB1000, Porsches, a Ferrari...heck, just yesterday there was a beautiful 750 Paso, a nice CBX, a race replica 999s Xerox, and an Indian Scout.  However, I imagine we could have sold half the bikes in the parking lot and not paid for the early 50s Vincent Rapide (I think....my Vincent knowledge isn't perfect) that showed up around 10:00 am!  I have never seen a more stunning example, and not only was it perfect, it was perfect AND the owner RODE it!!!  I've always been a member of the "Won't Own It If I Can't Ride It" club, but this is one that probably deserved museum status.  I wish Godec had been there with his camera.  Rapides typically trade at over $60k per copy, with really nice examples sometimes eclipsing the 100k mark.

I think Ducmouse got a few cell phone photos.  Maybe she can share some with the group? 

will do when i can get some reception on my phone at break i'll try to post them up  waytogo

spankin™

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: