Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 02:47:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 502972 times)
kingbaby

« Reply #900 on: August 15, 2009, 05:30:42 PM »

sounds like KB on Dusty's page...mmmmm

No, sorry  Duuuuuude.

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
dusty
« Reply #901 on: August 15, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »

sounds like KB on Dusty's page...mmmmm

What are you saying...I can't catch (and pass) you?  Just watch me big boy.  Wink
ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #902 on: August 16, 2009, 04:29:51 AM »

sounds like a challenge!  Can I video tape that?

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
dusty
« Reply #903 on: August 16, 2009, 10:28:38 AM »

Cmon DDGM, you know that will never REALLY happen.  I ride like a granny (with a smile).  [moto]
kingbaby

« Reply #904 on: August 16, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »

Great riding today guys...& dusty.  Ya' gotta' love a day that there are more Ducati's & 675's in the parking lot than everything else.

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #905 on: August 16, 2009, 12:05:02 PM »

Great riding today guys...& dusty.  Ya' gotta' love a day that there are more Ducati's & 675's in the parking lot than everything else.
Enjoyed everyones company  [moto]
Did you hear anything about the PJ trip up the mountain?
dusty
« Reply #906 on: August 16, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »

Yes, KB, Cloner and I went back up and found them hanging out close to the top.  All was ok.  Then we all rode back down and I will let Cloner tell you about the angry Rodeo driver who did not like any of us passing on the way down.  Great to see you today too.  Smiley
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #907 on: August 17, 2009, 02:32:43 AM »

I will let Cloner tell you about the angry Rodeo driver who did not like any of us passing on the way down.

OK...remember when you were in Kindergarden?  If you went to Kindergarden when you were a kid, and if it was anything like my Kindergarden, then you'll remember playing lots of games.  We always played Duck-Duck-Goose (you know that one, right, DDGM?). 

I remember we had this one kid, Kenny, whom nobody liked very much.  The kid wasn't retarded.  He wasn't fat and dumpy (that was my job).  He wasn't snotty.  He wasn't smelly.  He wasn't remarkable in any way except one.  The kid was a crybaby. 

When we played Duck-Duck-Goose, nobody would ever pick Kenny, because they didn't like him.  This would make him cry.  Then the teachers would "make" us pick him, and this made him cry.  Basically, whatever happened, Kenny cried.  I believe the guy in the Rodeo was Kenny grown up.

When I approached Kenny and his crybaby family, he already had a truck piled up behind him because he was traveling the speed limit.  He ran the speed limit on the straights, then on the turns he'd get down to about 15 mph, just to make sure all was safe.  The brakes of the truck behind him smelled like they'd just finished a descent of Monteagle, TN, which is the worst brake smelling place I can think of to compare this to.

I was forced to follow Kenny and his tagalong for a couple of turns until I came upon a short straight.  I took this opportunity to politely pass Kenny and the truck following him.  I didn't know it was crybaby Kenny until I got up beside him.  I recognized him instantly because his loud horn drew my attention to him forcing me to look over.  He must have recognized me, too, as he sped up and moved his car to the left to get closer so he could shake my hand.  I decided I didn't have time to socialize whilst passing, so I finished my pass and continued down the hill.

I did, later, pull over near the bottom of the hill.  Here, I was greeted by the other folks we rode with (Dillon, Kris, Dale, Keith, Rosemary, and a couple of folks I don't know.) and I discovered, to my chagrin, that Kenny knew ALL of them, too!  I really wanted to chat with Kenny, but it wasn't to be.  As he drove by us a few minutes later, I put my left hand at the inside of my right elbow, then folded my right arm upward into a vertical position and made a fist with the middle finger extended.  This gesture, known only to folks from a small part of North  Carolina, is the St. Matthew's kindergarden secret wave, and I was sure it would entice Kenny to pull over so we could have a conversation.  However, I guess Kenny was too busy crying, as he just blew the horn and kept driving. 

Sometimes I miss my childhood.  I miss the old swimming hole.  I miss my Honda 50.  I miss my old dog, Pepper.  I don't, however, miss Kenny.  I hope I never see Kenny again.  But, somehow, I know that I will.  Maybe next time he'll have the guts to pull over and take his asswhoopin'.

It was an excellent day of riding except for our encounter with Kenny.  I hope everybody else had fun.  It was good to see all of you out riding on a cool Sunday morning.  Hopefully the tourists load will lighten in the near future and we'll be able to ride in peace.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:17:02 PM by Cloner » Logged

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #908 on: August 17, 2009, 06:42:55 AM »

wow sounds fun  laughingdp

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
dusty
« Reply #909 on: August 17, 2009, 08:08:01 AM »

Well that's one way to put it.  I vote, next play date, don't tell Kenny.  He plays with his horn too much. Roll Eyes
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #910 on: August 17, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »

sounds like we need to equip

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
dusty
« Reply #911 on: August 17, 2009, 08:38:56 AM »

Only problem there is that it's hard to do the hard twisties like that.  Straights, ok but you can only do it for so long before your bike tips over and you look like a dork.   Cool
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #912 on: August 17, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »

i mean it as a huge sticker on the back of the leathers  cheeky

laughingdp laughingdp

spankin™

dusty
« Reply #913 on: August 17, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »

Are you suggesting a new HDH logo?  laughingdp
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #914 on: August 17, 2009, 09:22:54 AM »

it could be one of our many... laughingdp

lance giving the birds?!?!

spankin™

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: