Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 02:49:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 502990 times)
gratefulduc

« Reply #1590 on: June 26, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »

The soccer game isn't over until 9:45....where can I hook up with you after that?
we will be at counterculture in santa fe prolly till 11 or so.....we could hook up in santa fe somewhere

'90 750 sport
Mars

Throw open the gates of Mars!

« Reply #1591 on: June 26, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »

Stew, are you riding tomorrow (Sunday)?

"Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another."
Homer
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1592 on: June 27, 2010, 02:39:02 AM »

What time u guys plan to ride today? Meet at coffee atdawn??

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
gratefulduc

« Reply #1593 on: June 27, 2010, 03:10:03 AM »

What time u guys plan to ride today? Meet at coffee atdawn??
we are awake and getting ready....might could leave here 8 or 830..wanna come or meet? me STew and Jim

'90 750 sport
Mars

Throw open the gates of Mars!

« Reply #1594 on: June 27, 2010, 05:56:11 AM »

It is obvious that I missed out on this, "at the crack of dawn ride." It must have been the Grappa the night before!  Cry
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:01:37 AM by Mars » Logged

"Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another."
Homer
NinjaHarHar
« Reply #1595 on: June 27, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »

Guys, watch for cops on the crest road.  I just got nabbed at Doc Long by a guy with a laser and he flagged me in for doing 45 in the 40 right there.  I got off with a warning but he did say they have gotten "constant complaints" about motorcycles on that road. 

Time for some soapbox...

Please do your best not to piss off any cagers and take it easy up there.  Unfortunately cops listen to their complaints about bikes but will never heed ours about drivers who drive erratically, cross the center line and hold up long lines of traffic with pulling over.  Public perception of motorcyclists was never high to begin with and asshat riding on the crest is giving them plenty of ammo to screw us over.  I really don't think the crest is an appropriate place to drag a knee -- legal issues aside, I see deer and sand/rocks/sticks all over the place almost every time I ride it (early). 

If you know people who ride that road who won't get to read this, please tell them to take it easy on that road before it is closed to motorcycles completely.  We have a great thing having that road in our backyard -- let's not screw it up.

/soapbox

Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1596 on: June 27, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »

I really don't think the crest is an appropriate place to drag a knee -- legal issues aside, I see deer and sand/rocks/sticks all over the place almost every time I ride it.... 

Yeah...that's why you biotches need to get you buttocks on the track!!! 

Today was a blast.  I finished fifth and in the middle of a group of three that diced for the entire race with each of us leading for at least two laps.  That's definitely the most fun one can have wearing leathers!   waytogo

The 180 main jet is perfect and I didn't have to rejet.  The spark plug is the most beautiful golden brown you could dream up, and the bike pulled well in all gears.  It's still short on motor to the frontrunners (two DT 175s and two Ducati 250s), but it's better than it has been the last two races and was an absolute joy to ride.  It had just a little bit of motor on the Honda 175 twin I diced with (and beat), and is neck and neck with the BSA 250 (that beat me by 0.3 seconds), which has improved greatly since race 1.  Now I can just concentrate on making the rider fitter, more skilled, and faster in every way.

Thanks a MILLION to Ed and Tom who came out to support my efforts and helped me pack my stuff up when the day was done.  You can't imagine how difficult it is to do that solo at the end of an energy sapping day, so you guys are the cat's meow in my book.  I owe each of you a frosty beverage of your choice when next we meet.    drink

I still look forward to meeting and riding with you, Mars.  Glad you got off with a warning at Doc Longs.  Generally we're moving along about 130 there, so that could have been ugly.   Evil

I keeeeeed, I keeeeeeed.   Grin

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1597 on: June 27, 2010, 02:27:50 PM »

Way to go Scott waytogo Glad to see that you enjoyed yourself and that the bike is
starting to run well....that's what it's all about.
Had to make a mad dash up to Taos to see my brother in law before he left for CA.
As a bonus I got to ride back with Larry and his friend....thanks for waiting for me guys Wink

JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1598 on: June 27, 2010, 05:33:29 PM »

Today was a blast.  I finished fifth and in the middle of a group of three that diced for the entire race with each of us leading for at least two laps.  That's definitely the most fun one can have wearing leathers!   waytogo
Generally we're moving along about 130 there, so that could have been ugly.   Evil

Congrats Scott!!!...been out of town and caught up with work...no riding for another week...Need new front & about that track advice I should get myself there to give you some competition...or at least use you as rabbit chase! Have a long way to learn the track, passing right, turn points and getting out of the novice group to face some heat...
 Huh? 130 around there...guess that's about what the wind felt like  Grin

Ride forever...
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1599 on: June 28, 2010, 05:07:48 AM »

Guys, watch for cops on the crest road.  I just got nabbed at Doc Long by a guy with a laser and he flagged me in for doing 45 in the 40 right there.  I got off with a warning but he did say they have gotten "constant complaints" about motorcycles on that road. 

Time for some soapbox...

Please do your best not to piss off any cagers and take it easy up there.  Unfortunately cops listen to their complaints about bikes but will never heed ours about drivers who drive erratically, cross the center line and hold up long lines of traffic with pulling over.  Public perception of motorcyclists was never high to begin with and asshat riding on the crest is giving them plenty of ammo to screw us over.  I really don't think the crest is an appropriate place to drag a knee -- legal issues aside, I see deer and sand/rocks/sticks all over the place almost every time I ride it (early). 

If you know people who ride that road who won't get to read this, please tell them to take it easy on that road before it is closed to motorcycles completely.  We have a great thing having that road in our backyard -- let's not screw it up.

/soapbox

was that you? as stu and i were riding up we saw someone with the copper....

we just toodled slowly up and down...

im surprized that on the weekends there....but i use to typically go after work and there is no one on the crest...or early in the morning...i think is typically the best time to ride..

glad you only got away with a warning...

The 180 main jet is perfect and I didn't have to rejet.  The spark plug is the most beautiful golden brown you could dream up, and the bike pulled well in all gears.  It's still short on motor to the frontrunners (two DT 175s and two Ducati 250s), but it's better than it has been the last two races and was an absolute joy to ride.  It had just a little bit of motor on the Honda 175 twin I diced with (and beat), and is neck and neck with the BSA 250 (that beat me by 0.3 seconds), which has improved greatly since race 1.  Now I can just concentrate on making the rider fitter, more skilled, and faster in every way.

Thanks a MILLION to Ed and Tom who came out to support my efforts and helped me pack my stuff up when the day was done.  You can't imagine how difficult it is to do that solo at the end of an energy sapping day, so you guys are the cat's meow in my book.  I owe each of you a frosty beverage of your choice when next we meet.    drink

I still look forward to meeting and riding with you, Mars.  Glad you got off with a warning at Doc Longs.  Generally we're moving along about 130 there, so that could have been ugly.   Evil

I keeeeeed, I keeeeeeed.   Grin

youzz the man waytogo

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
NinjaHarHar
« Reply #1600 on: June 28, 2010, 06:21:23 AM »

was that you? as stu and i were riding up we saw someone with the copper....

we just toodled slowly up and down...

im surprized that on the weekends there....but i use to typically go after work and there is no one on the crest...or early in the morning...i think is typically the best time to ride..

glad you only got away with a warning...

Yeah I think that was me.  I had decided to take the lil 250 up the crest instead of the ol' VFR.  I was happy to get a warning too, because I had forgotten my freakin' wallet!!!!!!!!!!  He gave me a warning for that too, thank goodness. 

On saturdays I ride it EARLY like headed up no later than 7:30 a.m. and it's pretty empty.  After work can be good but it's either windy or hot or both lately. 
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1601 on: June 28, 2010, 06:30:23 AM »

Yeah I think that was me.  I had decided to take the lil 250 up the crest instead of the ol' VFR.  I was happy to get a warning too, because I had forgotten my freakin' wallet!!!!!!!!!!  He gave me a warning for that too, thank goodness. 

On saturdays I ride it EARLY like headed up no later than 7:30 a.m. and it's pretty empty.  After work can be good but it's either windy or hot or both lately. 

i couldn't tell what the bike was but stu said he had someone pulled over...i personally thought it was just guys talking laughingdp

thats really lucky! maybe its juts the actually Forest service guys that are really butt heads Tongue

ya, wayne goes up like 730 on sunday and says he has luck....

spankin™

Duck-Stew

« Reply #1602 on: June 28, 2010, 07:22:23 AM »

Whoever it was that was pulled over looked a LOT less than happy about it...   Angry 

Mouse & I got caught up behind a group of cars and although I was itchin' to pass 'em, I couldn't make it and it's a good thing...  About 8 turns later, there's a cop w/a radar gun standing on the side of the road (but it looked like she was talking on her cell phone @ the time...).  Grin

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #1603 on: June 28, 2010, 07:23:48 AM »

i couldn't tell what the bike was but stu said he had someone pulled over...i personally thought it was just guys talking laughingdp

thats really lucky! maybe its juts the actually Forest service guys that are really butt heads Tongue

ya, wayne goes up like 730 on sunday and says he has luck....
Indeed Earlier is better.. from a law enforcement point of view.  Critter's are a bit more active earlier on however.  I saw everyone at CAD as I passed by on my way up on Sunday.  I was having fueling issues and was frustrated so I just kept right on riding up the mountain without getting my coffee first.  (Fueling issues consisting of: Chevron on tramway/central is no longer Chevron, Shell down the street wouldnt  pump more than $.23 in gas at a time.  Chevron in Cedar Crest is no longer Chevron.  at that point I had about 40 miles left to the tank so we Road it up and hit the Shell at the base of the mountain on the way back down.  THEN went for coffee.  Sorry my friend and I missed everyone. We didnt get pulled over but we had a couple close encounters with the Sheriffs. 

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1604 on: June 28, 2010, 07:32:10 AM »

Whoever it was that was pulled over looked a LOT less than happy about it...   Angry 

Mouse & I got caught up behind a group of cars and although I was itchin' to pass 'em, I couldn't make it and it's a good thing...  About 8 turns later, there's a cop w/a radar gun standing on the side of the road (but it looked like she was talking on her cell phone @ the time...).  Grin

lucky us laughingdp

Indeed Earlier is better.. from a law enforcement point of view.  Critter's are a bit more active earlier on however.  I saw everyone at CAD as I passed by on my way up on Sunday.  I was having fueling issues and was frustrated so I just kept right on riding up the mountain without getting my coffee first.  (Fueling issues consisting of: Chevron on tramway/central is no longer Chevron, Shell down the street wouldnt  pump more than $.23 in gas at a time.  Chevron in Cedar Crest is no longer Chevron.  at that point I had about 40 miles left to the tank so we Road it up and hit the Shell at the base of the mountain on the way back down.  THEN went for coffee.  Sorry my friend and I missed everyone. We didnt get pulled over but we had a couple close encounters with the Sheriffs. 

that sucks!-maybe next time...we will have to plan to get up that way early with ya...

or wait i have an idea...lets all go in for a lottery ticket and when we win we can bulid our own mt and own track laughingdp....let me live in my bubble

spankin™

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: