Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 03:08:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503193 times)
crat996

« Reply #1815 on: August 16, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »

I had fun this weekend too. I am glad to finally get my bike up and running. It was good to see some old faces along with some new ones. I hope to get out again real soon.

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1816 on: August 17, 2010, 04:08:50 AM »

it was nice to meet ya as well and hopefully we will see ya more down the road... [moto]

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
gratefulduc

« Reply #1817 on: August 19, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »

I have been off the bike for 3 weeks  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Cry Cry Cry Cry

SUNDAY!!!!!!! and maybe saturday too!!!

'90 750 sport
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1818 on: August 19, 2010, 05:17:25 PM »

I have been off the bike for 3 weeks  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Cry Cry Cry Cry

SUNDAY!!!!!!! and maybe saturday too!!!
Time to get back in the saddle...baby. Grin  I'm hoping to hook up with the track folks on Saturday
once I get off work. Will be at CAD Sunday morning  [moto]
gratefulduc

« Reply #1819 on: August 19, 2010, 05:26:45 PM »

STARING AT BIKE RIGHT NOW!!!!!.....might could go even for a midnight ride...hmmmmmm

'90 750 sport
gratefulduc

« Reply #1820 on: August 20, 2010, 04:12:53 PM »

coffee Alright I am ready for some dawn action. Anybody in?
I am leaving my casa 7am....probably for a solo expedition
don't look for this hooligan to be in black, I'm saving the "Weapon" for sunday
Tomorrow look for a silver RC51  coffee
 drool  waytogo  Evil

'90 750 sport
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1821 on: August 21, 2010, 01:50:30 PM »

Anyone one riding tommorow morning

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1822 on: August 21, 2010, 02:05:12 PM »

Anyone one riding tommorow morning
Somebody say [moto]......count me in waytogo Grin
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #1823 on: August 21, 2010, 05:14:42 PM »

I'm in!    waytogo   

When and Where? 

Look for the Yellow Bird.   Roll Eyes

Will goe two the Sandia trk to whatch Scott in the aftertune.   Shocked   

(I'm trying to learn to speak DucMouse.  You nhever no whan a 2nd lankuage will come in handy!...) 

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1824 on: August 21, 2010, 05:22:31 PM »

I'm in!    waytogo   

When and Where? 

Look for the Yellow Bird.   Roll Eyes

Will goe two the Sandia trk to whatch Scott in the aftertune.   Shocked   

(I'm trying to learn to speak DucMouse.  You nhever no whan a 2nd lankuage will come in handy!...) 

Ninish at CAD?
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1825 on: August 22, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »

Had a blast riding the Crest with Ed and hanging with him and Scott at the race track watching some great racing action. applause
Bummer to get your race called due to the rain Scott. Dodged the rain on the way home and hooked up with Pam on her way back from
the Santa Fe Indian Market.
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1826 on: August 22, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »

Thanks for coming out, Karl and Ed!  It sucked getting rained out (the rain started as third call for my race came across the P.A. system), but it was an excellent day.  I set a goal for myself at the first race of the year to turn laps in the 1:10 neighborhood.  I went out for my first practice of the day with a throbbing headache.  I wicked up a little following one of the lightweight guys on a Honda 350 and managed to hold his pace whilst turning a series of laps in the 1:10.8 range!  Goal achieved.  I guess I'll have to set the bar a little higher and aspire to get under 1:10 by the end of the season.  That doesn't sound like much, but without a serious upgrade to horsepower, that's a pretty big leap.

Speaking of horsepower leaps, that's coming, but it'll have to wait until next season....stay tuned.

If anybody is interested, one of the guys has a wide case 250 spring head Ducati engine for sale with a bare frame and swingarm.   It's not running, but it turns freely.  That's nearly as good as running.  Who's in for an Ultra Lightweight racer project???

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1827 on: August 22, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »

Thanks for coming out, Karl and Ed!  It sucked getting rained out (the rain started as third call for my race came across the P.A. system), but it was an excellent day.  I set a goal for myself at the first race of the year to turn laps in the 1:10 neighborhood.  I went out for my first practice of the day with a throbbing headache.  I wicked up a little following one of the lightweight guys on a Honda 350 and managed to hold his pace whilst turning a series of laps in the 1:10.8 range!  Goal achieved.  I guess I'll have to set the bar a little higher and aspire to get under 1:10 by the end of the season.  That doesn't sound like much, but without a serious upgrade to horsepower, that's a pretty big leap.

Speaking of horsepower leaps, that's coming, but it'll have to wait until next season....stay tuned.

If anybody is interested, one of the guys has a wide case 250 spring head Ducati engine for sale with a bare frame and swingarm.   It's not running, but it turns freely.  That's nearly as good as running.  Who's in for an Ultra Lightweight racer project???
Thanks for putting ideas in my head and telling me that Pam will be OK with it Grin You where right though applause
BTW Ed, not sure if we are too old for racing....want to find out?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:35:36 PM by Zaster » Logged
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1828 on: August 22, 2010, 05:44:31 PM »

Thanks for putting ideas in my head and telling me that Pam will be OK with it Grin You where right though applause
BTW Ed, not sure if we are too old for racing....want to find out?

I told ya!  I'm frikkin' psychic!

I'd say we're probably all too old for real racing, Karl, but for vintage racing....Kynor's in his '70s and he kicked my ass last race.  His bike's faster than mine, but he's no slouch, either.   [moto]

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #1829 on: August 22, 2010, 06:41:20 PM »

What a super fun day!!!      laughingdp

Got to ride to the Crest with Karl on a sunny, fresh morning, ogle a gaggle of bikes at Coffee at Dawn, watch motorcycle races at Sandia Raceway, and hang out with Scott and the vintage racing crowd..... 

Yes, Karl we should consider vintage racing!!!  It looks like outstanding fun.   No, we are not too old.  We are still standing and breathing......and we are younger than most of the current racer/builders there.... Heck, there are mummies younger than some of those guys....   Roll Eyes

Scott introduced Karl and myself to all the vintage racing local luminaries (whores), including Hurley Wolvert....approx. spelling.... He is a certified, 123% mechanical nut, but very technically competent. 

Hurley has absolutely the worst looking race trailer that I have ever...ever seen.  It is horribly rusty, has a broken cross member on the frame.  It uses a battered Corvair suspension with ancient motorcycle wheels.... It is a rolling hazard and real junk.   .....BUT his Honda 350 vintage racer is not junk, looks great and goes like stink!  Hurley knows his stuff.....

Thanks Scott... for infecting Karl, myself and other similarly vulnerable victims with the vintage racing bug!  Now we have yet another way of spending money $$$, having fun!!! and scuffing leathers #%& ......   bow down

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: