Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 03:10:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503202 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1830 on: August 23, 2010, 04:27:58 AM »

Scott introduced Karl and myself to all the vintage racing local luminaries (whores), including Hurley Wolvert....approx. spelling....

Thanks Scott... for infecting Karl, myself and other similarly vulnerable victims with the vintage racing bug!  Now we have yet another way of spending money $$$, having fun!!! and scuffing leathers #%& ......   bow down

For reference, Ed, it's "Hurley Wilvert".  If you'll Google that name you'll discover that he was also a world class road racer in the '60s and '70s.  He finished as high as third at the Daytona 200 on a Kawasaki, for whom he rode factory racers for a number of years.  He also later worked for Kawasaki in a development capacity tuning suspensions for production models.  Hurley knows what fast really looks like, and though he doesn't race any more (too many concussions....his Doctor is concerned for his life and for his cognitive functions) he does often ride at track days at a rather brisk pace.   Evil

Also, you're welcome for your new infection.  If you want any advice on mounts, might I suggest a nice Bultaco, MV Agusta, Montessa, AJS, Vincent, Velocette, Ariel, Parilla, Matchless, Harley Davidson (twin, as in KR/XR...not Aermacchi), Laverda, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, or a BSA....there aren't any of those on the grid, so you'd be unique.  Actually, Kay Dyer is preparing a Bultaco for the Ultra Lightweight class, so maybe a BSA is in order!  Their 250s are identical to the Triumph T25, but they say BSA on 'em because the Triumph is actually just a rebadged B25 Beeser.  The BSA looks cooler, though.   Grin

Holler when you decide which class you want to race in.  You, too, Karl.  We'll get ya rolling!

Who else is game?!?

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1831 on: August 23, 2010, 05:49:15 AM »

Also, you're welcome for your new infection.  If you want any advice on mounts, might I suggest a nice Bultaco, MV Agusta, Montessa, AJS, Vincent, Velocette, Ariel, Parilla, Matchless, Harley Davidson (twin, as in KR/XR...not Aermacchi), Laverda, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, or a BSA....there aren't any of those on the grid, so you'd be unique. 

Who else is game?!?

I'm seriously looking at it and hopefully next spring/summer I'll have something...so 250cc class? My first bike was something my Dad had called Jawa, a 250cc single 2-stroke thumper. Was somewhere around 7 or 8 years old...The kicker became the gear when you flipped it...Had good power and had fun riding it growing up...I'll look to find one of those...but all the bikes mentioned will give me enough to research. Addiction it is... chug

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1832 on: August 23, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »

I'm seriously looking at it and hopefully next spring/summer I'll have something...so 250cc class? My first bike was something my Dad had called Jawa, a 250cc single 2-stroke thumper. Was somewhere around 7 or 8 years old...The kicker became the gear when you flipped it...Had good power and had fun riding it growing up...I'll look to find one of those...but all the bikes mentioned will give me enough to research. Addiction it is... chug
JJ,
Laid my eyes on this beauty, what do you think?

Cloner

« Reply #1833 on: August 23, 2010, 03:22:26 PM »

Look at the rules before you buy a bike!  For Ultra Lightweight you're allowed:

a. 4-stroke twins up to 200cc
b. 4-stroke singles up to 270cc
c. 2-stroke singles up to 185cc
d. 2-stroke twins up to 125cc   

The rulebook is published at SMRI's website (www.smri-racing.org) for your perusal.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
JJ

« Reply #1834 on: August 23, 2010, 03:27:57 PM »

Oops, that knocks off a lot of options!

Karl, that is absolute fantasy, are you getting that? I'll try to grab something from a barn this winter... waytogo

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1835 on: August 23, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »

Oops, that knocks off a lot of options!

Karl, that is absolute fantasy, are you getting that? I'll try to grab something from a barn this winter... waytogo
I saw it at the race track and met the guy who owns and races it...would love to have one waytogo
JJ

« Reply #1836 on: August 26, 2010, 10:31:29 AM »

Bike's going in for valve service this weekend... Cry No riding till whenever PJ's throws it out...I'll sit and drool on your riding posts now...   coffee
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:58:59 AM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Cloner

« Reply #1837 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »

I'm going riding.  Nya nya nya nya nyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.   Cry

drool all you want.  I ordered a new GoPro HD that should be here tomorrow, so I'll take video for you to  drool on, too.   waytogo

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1838 on: August 26, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »

I'm going riding.  Nya nya nya nya nyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.   Cry

drool all you want.  I ordered a new GoPro HD that should be here tomorrow, so I'll take video for you to  drool on, too.   waytogo

does this mean u will take video of me going up the crest??  laughingdp

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
JJ

« Reply #1839 on: August 26, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »

I'm going riding.  Nya nya nya nya nyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.   Cry

drool all you want.  I ordered a new GoPro HD that should be here tomorrow, so I'll take video for you to  drool on, too.   waytogo

Evil & you had to get it now! I added one to my wish-list among other things...If it was on the last ride we did up Crest (I'll probably never ride like that again!), we would have had a knockout version of carving! Enjoy!  [moto]

Ducmouse, that would mean he would have to turn up a notch on his lil. popper and scream up the mountain... Grin
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:05:50 PM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Cloner

« Reply #1840 on: August 26, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »

does this mean u will take video of me going up the crest??  laughingdp

Hells yeah!  I'd be honored to take video of your backside.   Evil

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
gratefulduc

« Reply #1841 on: August 26, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »

wwhhhhoooo's riding? wwwwhhhhhheeennnn?....full moon ride up the crest?

'90 750 sport
NFJ79

« Reply #1842 on: August 26, 2010, 06:55:41 PM »

When?  I'm down!

I thinking about doing the Jemez Loop on Sunday.

2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark
Cloner

« Reply #1843 on: August 27, 2010, 03:21:22 AM »

I'm planning a Crest ride sometime Saturday morning.  I don't have a time in mind.  Anybody?

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #1844 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:25 AM »

Working on saturday, going to try and make it up to the mountain and CAD bright and early on sunday... 

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: