Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 03:01:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503122 times)
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #1890 on: September 03, 2010, 06:16:04 AM »

I could do this Sunday waytogo

I've got crews working on my place Monday...  Roll Eyes

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1891 on: September 03, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »

I'd love to ride with you guys this weekend, but I am headed to Salt Lake City/Tooele to pick up my new toy.... It's a GSXR 1k (sorry it's not a Duc) strictly for track use only. Oh, I also am going to do a trackday at Miller Motorsports Park on Monday when I pick it up. I can't wait. I am super excited about getting to ride the track up there. I will try to get some pics while I'm there. Have fun everyone and I will see you guys soon. I'll be at the trackday on the 12th with my new toy waytogo

that is most excellent to hear waytogo congrats on the new toy

BTW, Trumpy goes to it's new owner tomorrow and I'm hopefully picking up my new-to-me p/u truck (and NO I won't help you move!).

but what about me? what if i need help...there will be beer involved...and i may even home cook something for ya  laughingdp

Karl....see the "Movie Festival" thread, and call for directions for the Saturday Night festivities.  Again, it'll be Taco Bar night, so bring a taco fixin' or two OR something complementary AND whatever you want to drink.  Call if you need directions.

Sgt. Ratliff.....you suck....in a good way (like Ratfink said).  Congrats on the new scooter and the MMP track day.  See you on the 12th of not before.

JJ...I plan to ride this weekend, but a long ride will have to wait for Sunday or Monday if it happens at all.  I'm a bit apprehensive about busting tons of ass this weekend because law enforcement is likely to be very heavy (Labor Day weekend, and all).  I'd definitely do a Jemez loop....but I think the area around Red River will be Harley/LEO heaven this weekend, if I don't miss my guess.  Thoughts?

just what i was thinking...since its a holiday weekend it would be shitty to ride anywhere up north  Undecided

and im sure the crest will be back unless we go an evening toodle up there..or if we go really early...

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
crat996

« Reply #1892 on: September 03, 2010, 07:13:44 AM »

Here's the long route meaning FULL DAY ride thoroughly researched...All I can promise is that you may curse your body next day, but you will remember the ride for a while to be THE Super Duper Fantastic ROLL...I used to do this frequently at one time, better times! waytogo  [moto]

From Santa Fe- 224 miles, Driving time - 6 hrs, Riding time - TBD (to be determined  Evil)
From Albuquerque through N14 and S14- 368 miles, Driving time - 9 hrs, Riding time - TBD
From Albuquerque through I25- 347 miles, Driving time - 8 hrs, Riding time - TBD

Man, that looks like a fun ride. I'd like to do that. Maybe we can do that when I get back.

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
kingbaby

« Reply #1893 on: September 03, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »

H-D rally is in Durango this weekend. It's memorial weekend in RR.

...Still, Leos will be everywhere. It's tthe last big sting weekend until x-mas.

Congrats on the new ride.

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1894 on: September 03, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »

H-D rally is in Durango this weekend. It's memorial weekend in RR.

...Still, Leos will be everywhere. It's tthe last big sting weekend until x-mas.

Congrats on the new ride.

i just think of the traffic we hit when we went out that last holiday  Tongue

now monday may be ok..but still hit traffic from people coming home

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1895 on: September 03, 2010, 10:08:24 AM »

Man, that looks like a fun ride. I'd like to do that. Maybe we can do that when I get back.

Sure buddy!  waytogo Since, it is a good long ride and I know lot of folks would love to be on it...lets plan it for later. Either weekend or work day...I'm dying to take  a vacation day worth remembering...maybe we could do a poll with few options...For this crazy weekend, perhaps Crest is it, IT IS?  [moto]

Ride forever...
gratefulduc

« Reply #1896 on: September 03, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

My son and I went up the crest today and it was amazing like always. Saw 5 or 6 deer.

My son said "gee Dad you were speeding up into the turns, looked like you were going 60 in the turns"

That put a smile on my face.

'90 750 sport
kingbaby

« Reply #1897 on: September 03, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »

Heard the story twice now... Still smilin'

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1898 on: September 03, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »

Karl....see the "Movie Festival" thread, and call for directions for the Saturday Night festivities.  Again, it'll be Taco Bar night, so bring a taco fixin' or two OR something complementary AND whatever you want to drink.  Call if you need directions.

Sgt. Ratliff.....you suck....in a good way (like Ratfink said).  Congrats on the new scooter and the MMP track day.  See you on the 12th of not before.

JJ...I plan to ride this weekend, but a long ride will have to wait for Sunday or Monday if it happens at all.  I'm a bit apprehensive about busting tons of ass this weekend because law enforcement is likely to be very heavy (Labor Day weekend, and all).  I'd definitely do a Jemez loop....but I think the area around Red River will be Harley/LEO heaven this weekend, if I don't miss my guess.  Thoughts?
Thanks for the invite Scott waytogo
Depending when my nephew gets here from Tucson tomorrow we'll let you know.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1899 on: September 03, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »

My son and I went up the crest today and it was amazing like always. Saw 5 or 6 deer.

My son said "gee Dad you were speeding up into the turns, looked like you were going 60 in the turns"

That put a smile on my face.
Who says you can't get better with age waytogo [moto]
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1900 on: September 03, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »

Sure buddy!  waytogo Since, it is a good long ride and I know lot of folks would love to be on it...lets plan it for later. Either weekend or work day...I'm dying to take  a vacation day worth remembering...maybe we could do a poll with few options...For this crazy weekend, perhaps Crest is it, IT IS?  [moto]
Yes, let me know when you can make it [moto]
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1901 on: September 03, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »

So meet early around 8am at CAD for Crest run? nobody confirmed a ride on Saturday/tomorrow Undecided  [moto]

Ride forever...
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1902 on: September 03, 2010, 06:11:55 PM »

Let me confirm it for ya, sweetheart.  I'll be there by 8:00.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1903 on: September 03, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »

I may break the HD out for a short scoot on Sunday, but then again...w/expired out if state plates...  er...  maybe not.

Bought my Ranger & it needs some attention, maybe I'll make that my weekend project.  See anyone @ the movie-night!!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
gratefulduc

« Reply #1904 on: September 04, 2010, 08:02:17 AM »

I may break the HD out for a short scoot on Sunday, but then again...w/expired out if state plates...  er...  maybe not.
....was the gratefulDUC not a good offer for sunday......I will be ready by 9 or earlier if you want to go......you know you are welcome to it

'90 750 sport
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: