Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 02:46:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 502954 times)
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #1935 on: September 10, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »

Unless something totally unexpected comes up, I'm going to be up at CAD with you all at 8am.  I wont be able to attend the track day, so I gotta get my corners carved on the mountain instead! 

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1936 on: September 10, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »

Unless something totally unexpected comes up, I'm going to be up at CAD with you all at 8am.  I wont be able to attend the track day, so I gotta get my corners carved on the mountain instead! 
Wayne, it will be great to ride with you, so try to make it! I'm able to do track day this time because it is free...or lets say I had enough points on the PJ's card, so they let me use it for the ticket!  cheeky

Ride forever...
NinjaHarHar
« Reply #1937 on: September 10, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »

Like this one?......

Crest Up behind JJ.MP4

Haha...that's me at the very end on the red VFR in front of you guys RIGHT as you pulled into the parking lot.  

I should mention that in your video right at the 13:15 mark was the exact location where I barely missed hitting a domestic dog on that very ride. I came out of that corner at my sedate pace (compared to you guys) and noticed something running through the woods.  A black and grey spotted dog with a red color then raced out of the woods RIGHT in front of me.  I braked hard and scrubbed off probably a good 20 MPH in about 30 feet but if the dog stopped running in front of me I definitely would have hit it.  As it was, he ran right in front of me and I missed him by a few yards.  I was pretty shaken up by that and rode the rest of the run pretty slowly.  I was also pissed off as hell!!  Loose dog?  Where the hell is the owner?  Just weird.  

Just goes to show you guys anything can happen on that road.  I would have NEVER expected a random dog to come bounding out of the woods.  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:04:36 PM by NinjaHarHar » Logged
crat996

« Reply #1938 on: September 10, 2010, 04:34:55 PM »

Wayne, it will be great to ride with you, so try to make it! I'm able to do track day this time because it is free...or lets say I had enough points on the PJ's card, so they let me use it for the ticket!  cheeky

I'll be there too. I got my "new" bike. I need to get a rear tire put on because I burned the other one up pretty good at Miller. See you at "The tree."

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1939 on: September 10, 2010, 05:29:33 PM »

I'll be there too. I got my "new" bike. I need to get a rear tire put on because I burned the other one up pretty good at Miller. See you at "The tree."

Saw your "new" bike!  Tasty!!!!  drool  Can't wait to catch up w/you someday @ CAD (or anywhere else...) and hear how it was to ride Miller.  I've heard that track is the BOMB!!!  waytogo

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
kingbaby

« Reply #1940 on: September 10, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »

Wish I could get out this weekend with everyone.  I was given a new position with the man I work for. So, weekends are going to be rough for the next three months. I work in SF Saturdays & teach 3.5 hrs. of classes here in ABQ. Sundays.   

I did however get in 2 Crest runs this week, & a Jamez loop on my way to work Wednesday (got into SF @ 9am). Most fun I've had (on a bike) in a long time. 

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1941 on: September 11, 2010, 03:17:17 AM »

Just goes to show you guys anything can happen on that road.  I would have NEVER expected a random dog to come bounding out of the woods.  

I'm with ya, HarHar....I've hit a couple of dogs and it's no fun cleaning up guts, or worse.  It's the frikkin' deer that REALLY scare the hell outta me, though.  You never know where those buggers are going.

You keep riding your pace (which is all I ask of anyone, no matter what that pace is) and everything will be OK!!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1942 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »

Unless something unexpected pops up tomorrow, Duck-Stew is less than 24 hours away from  terrorizing enjoying the New Mexico roads with his fellow NMMR'ers (say *that* 5 times fast...) on a D-U-C-A-T-I!

I should have no problem finishing up the cylinder head conversion on nicrosato's 1997 M900 by tomorrow.  Got them on today, despite the engine giving me it's best middle-finger gesture.  Just have to go through the carbs and then button it all up w/new hoses as all the old ones are shot.

Soon....another 'V' headed M900 under my butt.  [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto]

Duck-Stew

« Reply #1943 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »

Oh, and a heart-felt 'Have a great and safe Track-Day' to all those going out tomorrow!!!  waytogo

JJ

« Reply #1944 on: September 12, 2010, 01:30:08 AM »

Oh, and a heart-felt 'Have a great and safe Track-Day' to all those going out tomorrow!!!  waytogo
Thanks! Please drop by if you are around...Meanwhile, enjoy the desmo beast! [moto]

Ride forever...
JJ

« Reply #1945 on: September 15, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »

Anyone up for the long haul North this weekend?...(Plan on previous page 126) Pick any day...Prefer Saturday to recover the aches on Sunday. I'm getting tired of Crest road...I know lot of folks were interested...lets do it before we freeze our whatever next month doing it... [moto]

Ride forever...
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #1946 on: September 15, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »

I'm working this Saturday until 3.  I'll probably only get in an early Sunday ride at this point.  Time will tell!

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1947 on: September 15, 2010, 01:21:14 PM »

Anyone up for the long haul North this weekend?...(Plan on previous page 126) Pick any day...Prefer Saturday to recover the aches on Sunday. I'm getting tired of Crest road...I know lot of folks were interested...lets do it before we freeze our whatever next month doing it... [moto]
JJ,
After having issues with right hand turns on our last Crest run and feeling some pressure on the right ear,
I decided to see my doctor. Turns out that I have an ear infection in the right ear. I'm glad I
followed my gut instinct and decided not to do the track day.
Looks like I will be playing this weekend by ear...literally Grin
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:48:22 PM by Zaster » Logged
crat996

« Reply #1948 on: September 15, 2010, 01:44:39 PM »

I'd like to but I gotta work Sunday so Saturday wouldnt be good for me. Yesterday I was going to take a ride and I smelled gas. I smelled it when I was riding Saturday and I didn't think much of it. Yesterday the smell was pretty strong. I took a peek in between the frame and the airbox and saw gas just pissing out of on of the fuel lines. I was already about 20 min from home on my way to a Dr. appt. I kept going to my appt and ran home quickly after that. I got some new fuel line today and went ahead and replaced all of the lines not just the one that had the hole in it. I need to connect the tank in the morning and hopefully I will be good to go.
I'm going riding in the morning around 9 with Mike (yellow 1098 from last weekend) if anyone is available.

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1949 on: September 15, 2010, 03:10:51 PM »

I'm out this weekend.  Got a customer Sat AM and another Sat afternoon.  Not to mention I'm still messing with Nic's M900. 

Karl:  So glad you listened to your gut instinct!!  Cheesy  That's awesome...

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: