Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 03:03:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503147 times)
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #2370 on: March 21, 2011, 05:28:11 AM »

As usual, a fun morning. Saw some old faces at CAD, and rode with some new ones.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #2371 on: March 22, 2011, 08:08:02 AM »

hopefully this weekend we can get out! our allergies were so horrible, it was just ridiculous  Tongue

matt looked like someone used his face for a punching bag  laughingdp no! i didnt beat my man...only when he is out of line Evil

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Goduc

« Reply #2372 on: March 22, 2011, 07:18:06 PM »

More video inspiration!!!

07' Ducati Monster S4R - Ducati Performance Corse Slipper Clutch w/ Aluminum Pressure Plate, Open Clutch Cover, Nichols Lightweight Flywheel, Pazzo Levers, Speedy Moto Top Triple, Vortex Clip-Ons, Sato Rear Sets, Lowered Gauges, Dual Headlights, and Integrated LED Tail Light.
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #2373 on: March 23, 2011, 02:16:39 PM »

Freakin' video caused my computer to reboot. What's up with that?

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #2374 on: March 23, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »

Freakin' video caused my computer to reboot. What's up with that?
Wild guess...user error? Grin
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #2375 on: March 23, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »

Wild guess...user error?

Not by this techno-ninja. I started the vid and the sound was all messed up, then the machine re-booted. I suspect Goduc embedded the dreaded Moto2011 worm in the image some where.

Goduc

« Reply #2376 on: March 25, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »

Not by this techno-ninja. I started the vid and the sound was all messed up, then the machine re-booted. I suspect Goduc embedded the dreaded Moto2011 worm in the image some where.

"Huh?Huh???" From the nontechno-ninja

07' Ducati Monster S4R - Ducati Performance Corse Slipper Clutch w/ Aluminum Pressure Plate, Open Clutch Cover, Nichols Lightweight Flywheel, Pazzo Levers, Speedy Moto Top Triple, Vortex Clip-Ons, Sato Rear Sets, Lowered Gauges, Dual Headlights, and Integrated LED Tail Light.
kingbaby

« Reply #2377 on: March 25, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »

works on my phone.

Oh, HAPPY BRITHDAY!

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #2378 on: March 26, 2011, 07:29:44 AM »

Goduc knows I'm kidding, right?

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #2379 on: March 26, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »

Anyone  [moto] PJ's @ 10?
Duck-Stew

« Reply #2380 on: March 26, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »

I'm in...  [moto]

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
gratefulduc

« Reply #2381 on: March 26, 2011, 07:33:01 PM »

I may see you SBK riders on my way back from Santa Fe. Headed out solo, early for breakfast, to Counterculture in Santa Fe. 2nd st and cerillos rd. i should be there by 10ish back to CAD by 1130ish if anyone is still around, or cares

'90 750 sport
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #2382 on: March 27, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »

Was good to see you there...never mind all the other hooligans  waytogo.
Tony collected a record 4 tickets in one Police stop. They told him
they will ticket people that relocated their license plates to a location
where they can't be readily seen hence the Police stop.
Was just a bit cool up on the Crest @ 35 F but enjoyed hanging with Stew and Tara.
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #2383 on: March 27, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »

The license plate is one ticket.  What were the other three?

I hope Tony has the time and resources to dispute that particular ticket if the tag is relocated but still easily viewable and within the law.  I've read the statute (NM 66-3-18) and the only requirements are that the tag be fixed in a horizontal position from which it is clearly visible and at least 12" from the ground measured to the tag's bottom.  Basically, you can't intentionally try to obscure it nor turn it short edge down.  Was his plate tucked under the fender or something, 'cause the statute doesn't say you have to use a factory tag bracket?

I, personally, don't have any desire to move my plate or make it difficult to read for purposes of fleeing The Man, but I believe that a vehicle's owner should have the discretion to move the tag for aesthetic reasons if he chooses to, and that is entirely within the bounds set out in the statute.

For reference, here's the text of the law:

A.  The registration plate shall be attached to the rear of the vehicle for which it is issued; however, the registration plate shall be attached to the front of a road tractor or truck tractor.  The plate shall be securely fastened at all times in a fixed horizontal position at a height of not less than twelve inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom of the plate.  It shall be in a place and position so as to be clearly visible, and it shall be maintained free from foreign material and in a condition to be clearly legible.
B.     Temporary demonstration plates and temporary permits shall be firmly affixed to the inside left rear window of the vehicle to which it is issued, unless such display presents a safety hazard or the temporary permit is not visible or readable from that position, in which case, the temporary permit shall be displayed in such a manner that it is clearly visible from the rear or left side of the vehicle.
C.     No vehicle while being operated on the highways of this state shall have displayed either on the front or the rear of the vehicle any registration plate, including tab or sticker, other than one issued or validated for the current registration period by the department or any other licensing authority having jurisdiction over the vehicle.  No expired registration plate, tab or sticker shall be displayed on the vehicle other than an expired special registration plate which may be exhibited on the front of the vehicle.
D.     Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as prohibiting the use of a promotional or advertising plate on the front of the vehicle.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2384 on: March 28, 2011, 07:36:53 AM »

waytogo Thanks Scott, this helps everyone and we know the law now!

Ride forever...
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: