Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:04:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer!!  (Read 51115 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2011, 09:57:19 PM »

Forgot to mention that Varsity Pub had some nice new beers on tap. Deschuttes Hop in the Dark for one. Had a couple of those Sat. evening while waiting forever for our burgers. The service there really sucks badly now.  boo  The beer was damned good though.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2011, 02:38:42 AM »

Is the girl with the big bumpers still there? She could have been so attractive if she'd just scrape about an inch of that make up off.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2011, 08:35:16 AM »

Yep, I think she's still there along with another that is almost a clone. Too bad their I.Q.'s and overall awareness aren't as large as some other things they have. It truly was the absolute worst service I've ever had there. We weren't even smelly or dirty either. I also noticed that none of the other old regular customers were there either.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2011, 05:04:40 PM »

Working on my second of these.

Got a wee bit of a kick to them...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:07:08 PM by DRKWNG » Logged

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »

Interesting crossover moniker.  IPA, of course, referring to India Pale Ale and all the hoppiness and ensuing alcohol that goes with it to keep the beer good. Then they throw in  the "Imperial" which usually had to do with the beers headed for Imperial Russia. The coffee and the chocolate along with the hops and alcohol.  Hmmmm........

I'm still liking the Hop in the Dark bottles where I can find them. A super bargain for quite a yummy beer!

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2011, 07:32:10 PM »

Finished off the last Bigfoot Ale in captivity ( in my small world anyway ).  That's it for that beer until they release it again in late winter or early spring.   Right around the time WSBK and MotoGP start up.  Coincidence?  I think not......... drink

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »

Anyone else here a member of the Gordon Biersch Passport Card program?

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »

Anyone else here a member of the Gordon Biersch Passport Card program?

I used to be...not sure if my account is still active from my days in DC.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:38:19 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »

Did you get the email regarding the tapping of the Winterbock?

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2011, 04:43:32 PM »

Did you get the email regarding the tapping of the Winterbock?

No, I haven't logged into my other (junk) email in a long time...I'll look for it.  I like the atmosphere and some of their seasonal beers but I'm not a big fan of most of their regular lineup.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:30:17 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »

Me either but as far as the regular line up goes I like the Marzen. Not crazy about the others but this years Festbier was good and I usually like the Winterbock. They are having a members only tapping party this Monday from 4pm to 6pm. You are supposed to have the email to get in. Hmmmmmm

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »

On New Year's Eve we had a couple of interesting beers.

The Deschuttes Abyss had been aging almost a year. That beer has a "best after" date instead of a "best before" date. The best after was Nov. 2011 and so by New Years it was indeed wonderful. I had one of those that a friend brought over on last years New Year and didn't think it was really that special but this one seemed way better.

The North Coast Old Rasputin Anniversary was super expensive. It had a sweet chocolate taste to it but when compared to the regular everyday Old Rasputin everybody preferred the regular one. Good beer, the Anniversary but not worth $25.00 to $30.00 plus per bottle.  The Abyss is pricey but not nearly as much and was much better.

Then I had one of these last night.

It's called Life & Limb and is a collaboration between Sierra Nevada & Dogfish Head. Seeing as how Ben is a big Dogfish fan I thought I'd give it a try.  Good beer for sure but not what I would rave over. I thought it would have more flavor but the maple syrup & birch syrup are very subtle, at least to my taste buds.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »

I am a big fan of the Abyss.  Only had it once, though, and it was free, so that might have helped sway my feelings.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »

Been enjoying this of late...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »

Always envious of the mainland selections.  Just found out my favorite local store will no longer carry the Flying Dog beers.   Angry Sad boo Angry Sad boo Cry

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: