Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 08:25:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives..what are your favorites?  (Read 208951 times)
MikeZ

« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »

Beautiful job.  
So when are you starting to sell to the DMF public?
I'm sure we could keep you busy for quite a while

'03 M1000Sie (in need of a bath), '71 Honda CB500 (the Project), '10 Tiger (the tourer)
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #556 on: August 28, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »

One more - I've had this piece of steel in more or less this shape & rattling around in the bottom of my blacksmith box for probably a decade now, and I'm finally done putting off finishing the stupid thing.

One part of the puzzle fell into place when I scored some big scraps of walnut & birdseye maple earlier this month from construction of friends' new microbrewery/bar, and I wanted to try using both. I burned through a whole lot of cutlers rivets trying to get fancy, before realizing that - with my current skills - K.I.S.S. was the proper approach.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #557 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:18 AM »

Both pieces very nice Brad. waytogo

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #558 on: August 28, 2012, 01:25:17 PM »

waytogo

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #559 on: August 28, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »

This book was started by my friend Bob Kasper. He passed away several years ago and Fred has finished the book. RIP brother. GHCA forever.

http://www.crawfordknives.com/fred%20bauer%20book.htm

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #560 on: September 28, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »

Just came in..  gerber gator line.. hunting knife, machete, machete junior,machete pro..    some good hiking, camping, zombie gear...

Take some better pics if anyone wants...

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #561 on: December 20, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »

Ive got a hankering for a new blade......maybe fixed this time.  Loves me a drop point, hate tantos.
Any suggestions?

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
WarrenJ

« Reply #562 on: December 21, 2012, 07:06:52 AM »

Take a look at the Bark River Knife & Tool Fox River Hunter - nice drop point made from A2

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #563 on: December 21, 2012, 07:49:35 AM »

A friend of mine runs a big re-enactor rendezvous every year (1840s trapper era), and asked me to come out and demo blacksmithing. I was introduced there to a fun tradition called the trading blanket - think of it as Ebay, but with barter. Someone will start things off by tossing something on the blanket - a bear-fur hat or a flintlock, say - and everyone else has the chance to offer items they're willing to trade for it & sweeten their offer to compete with other bidders. When the bidding slows, the "seller" can take any offer that's on the blanket, or say no thanks and the whole thing starts again.

I traded one of my Triangleforge knives & a half-finished sheath (with a promise to finish it the next morning!) for this, an old Western Knife Co. blade from Boulder, Colorado:

It's a pretty ragged, relatively common old factory knife, and needs repair to the guard - though the edge is excellent - so it doesn't seem like a great deal at first glance. But consider: Rick Hartner, the metal sculptor who's generously opened his shop to me, used to work in the Western factory back in the era this one was likely made, so there's a small chance this one passed through his hands at the polishing station many decades back.

Even more important, my dad had one just like it. I know I borrowed it for most of my first post-Boy Scouts forays backpacking and paddling into the backcountry of Oregon & Washington, the first trips without any adults around to tell us what to do, or to pull us out of the soup if we screwed up. I remember losing & finding my dad's knife several times - once from a flipped raft in the Deschutes River - though my recollection is a little hazy on whether I ever found it that last time it got away from me.

When I pick up this knife, I'm transported back to those trips on whitewater rivers all over the Northwest, or long trips on foot through the Cascades, or skiing & camping for days above timberline on the north side of Mt. Hood. I think of the people who introduced me to those things, and remember that I have an obligation to pass those things along to someone else.

Knife for knife, it probably wasn't a great swap. But considering that I got a time machine out of the deal, I'm going to consider it a better than even trade.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:52:21 AM by triangleforge » Logged

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #564 on: January 01, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »

Cool pocket knife! Evil

!

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #565 on: January 01, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »

^ One of my buddies uses that Cold Steel Rajah for his EDC.  Insanely large!  I have the Rajah III.   

BTW..the s/o is checking out a job with Kershaw.  This could get interesting!  Evil

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #566 on: August 28, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »

Finally, a Spyderco I like

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #567 on: August 28, 2013, 10:13:28 PM »

S/o ever get that job?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #568 on: August 28, 2013, 10:56:04 PM »

S/o ever get that job?

S/o?  si

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #569 on: August 28, 2013, 11:53:36 PM »

Finally, a Spyderco I like

That is one cool knife, I have been carrying spiders Wayne Goddard for ever, nice and thin.

"But sire what are we to do.  You have taken all our weapons and now the heathen hordes are at the gate.  Are we to lie down and give them our lives.  Without weapons they will make us eat ourselves."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: