Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 06:27:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives..what are your favorites?  (Read 208919 times)
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #585 on: August 30, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »

Anyone here have any experience with Blind Horse Knives?

I'm looking at the Scandi grind Bushcrafter, I've always had a thing for that style of blade. I have 3 so far Evil.

Seems like a good deal for a great working steel.

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #586 on: August 30, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »

Anyone here have any experience with Blind Horse Knives?

I'm looking at the Scandi grind Bushcrafter, I've always had a thing for that style of blade. I have 3 so far Evil.

Seems like a good deal for a great working steel.

Never heard of the brand but may have to look more. That's a good looking blade.

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #587 on: August 30, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »

http://kramerknives.com/

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #588 on: August 30, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »

?

2001 M750 - Sold
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #589 on: August 30, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »

?

Did it not post?

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
red baron

« Reply #590 on: August 31, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »

My EDC, Spyderco Resilience. 2 years of ED use and no issues. Takes and holds a damn fine edge, in spite of where its made. Grin

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #591 on: August 31, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »

I have a lot of knives, all over the price spectrum but my favorite EDC is:

The Kershaw "Needs Work"...one of the sharpest blades I own and stays that way;

Favorite high end blade in terms of it's "bad assery" is the Zero Tolerance 0350

Favorite budget priced knives by far are the Boker's. The Magnum series in particular...like the Bulldog. Best quality knife for under $20 I've found.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #592 on: August 31, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »

Did it not post?

The link to Kramer Knives did. Were you trying to show something in particular?

2001 M750 - Sold
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #593 on: August 31, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »

My EDC, Spyderco Resilience. 2 years of ED use and no issues. Takes and holds a damn fine edge, in spite of where its made. Grin

Some of the Spydercos have some really good-great things going for them, and then I get to the thumb hole on the blade and thy loose me. It just seems kind of silly to have a blade so wide that it's half the size of a second knife just to put a thumb hole in it. I know that's their thing and this is just my opinion.

2001 M750 - Sold
BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #594 on: August 31, 2013, 07:04:36 PM »

It just seems kind of silly to have a blade so wide that it's half the size of a second knife just to put a thumb hole in it. I know that's their thing and this is just my opinion.
BeardedOne : You are right about a lot of Spider knives but the new and older Goddards are the exception, at only 3/8 thick, very light and easy to handle they are the best pocket clip knife made IMO.  And then they start using the hard to handle side lock, go figure.  The new model which is the third gen are just as nice.  At over 5" which is big for a pocket knife, they are so flat it disappears.  The steel could be a little better but all and all a great knife for the pocket.  Shiet, I sound like the sales dept.  They also make a smaller version but why carry a small knife.

"But sire what are we to do.  You have taken all our weapons and now the heathen hordes are at the gate.  Are we to lie down and give them our lives.  Without weapons they will make us eat ourselves."
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #595 on: August 31, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »

BeardedOne : You are right about a lot of Spider knives but the new and older Goddards are the exception, at only 3/8 thick, very light and easy to handle they are the best pocket clip knife made IMO.  And then they start using the hard to handle side lock, go figure.  The new model which is the third gen are just as nice.  At over 5" which is big for a pocket knife, they are so flat it disappears.  The steel could be a little better but all and all a great knife for the pocket.  Shiet, I sound like the sales dept.  They also make a smaller version but why carry a small knife.

See, that one isn't bad. At least the back of the blade doesn't look like a hump back whale.

2001 M750 - Sold
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #596 on: August 31, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »

Not a Spyderco fan, I might buy one made here, but....

Depending on the model, they are made in any of the following countries: Japan, Taiwan, USA, China.

IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »

BuckNaked, I have the ZT 0350 and the 0301.  Both hand their springs fly out so they're being sent back to OR for repairs and sharpening. Had both for about 2 years.  Great knives! 

I like the grind on that Boker you posted also. May have to check that out. 

Kop, not a Syderco fan either but like I said, I like the custom on in the link I posted.  I'm wondering if I can contact that guy to see what he can do wih my ZT.  I'd like to add tritium to that. 

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
WarrenJ

« Reply #598 on: September 01, 2013, 06:00:38 AM »

Spyderco and Benchmade quality seems to go in waves.  They turn out some pretty nice stuff for a while, then they churn out some crap and ride on their name until sales start to drop, then they ramp things back up again.  I bought one of the special limited run Spyderco Hitachi Blue Steel knives a while ago - about all that was special was the price.  I've had some old Spyderco's that were great workhorses.  Same thing with Benchmade, some great, some very poor.  If you guys are looking for specific folders, PM me - I might be able to get some better pricing than average.

As soon as I can get some pics taken, I'll post a Boker Albatros I have for sale. 

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #599 on: September 01, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »

I'm not at all a fan of Benchmade knives. I've never held one that felt like quality in my hand...every one has been way too light, almost a cheap feeling kind of light, and the prices are a bit crazy.

This thread has reminded me of one I've been lusting after for awhile now, the Surefire Edge;

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: