Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 19, 2024, 08:18:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives..what are your favorites?  (Read 209334 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2010, 09:16:37 PM »

I'm not looking to get cut.  The reason I take Aikido.

Like I said, if someone wants to cut you with a knife, your getting cut. They are going to ambush you, you don't have time to re-act. Action is faster than reaction.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2010, 09:36:21 PM »

Like I said, if someone wants to cut you with a knife, your getting cut. They are going to ambush you, you don't have time to re-act. Action is faster than reaction.

Someone has a gun..they're going to shoot you.  But..if you have a gun, you have a chance to shoot back, right?

We practice knife take aways.  I'm sure you did the same in the military?  Gives you one more advantage.  

I assume most attackers don't anticipate someone with any kind of defensive knowledge.  Reminds me of this oldie but goodie!!  Granted it is boxing but goes along with my point.

Asking for trouble

I'd rather have a fightng chance so I'll keep practicing.  Best thing to do though is not get myself in that kind of situation to begin with.  Wink

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:55:32 PM by IZ » Logged

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2010, 10:09:08 PM »

Try take aways with a live blade. I promise you, you will get cut.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:30:17 AM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »

Try take aways with a live blade. I promise you, you will get cut.

Again..best to not even get in a situation like that.  Not going to deter me from practicing with wooden tantos.  I'd rather get cut while disarming an attacker and live..rather than not knowing what to do and being stabbed to death.

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

The Bacon Junkie
I have a Bacon Wrapped

Save the brass...

« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2010, 11:14:33 PM »

Currently my favorite...  Not the best picture of it, but it's a Wustoff 10"

I use it pretty much daily....   drool

I only see jesus having a sauna with a teletubbie.
I find it disturbing that you're imagining me in a sauna, never mind the teletubbie aspect of it

Save the Brass...
WarrenJ

« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2010, 03:17:55 AM »

I always liked Kote Gaeshi against the knife in the dojo unless I was the uke - then it just sucks

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
GAAN
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2010, 05:55:23 AM »

Again..best to not even get in a situation like that.  Not going to deter me from practicing with wooden tantos.  I'd rather get cut while disarming an attacker and live..rather than not knowing what to do and being stabbed to death.

I prefer

peace

followed by

retreat

followed by

burning-your-house-down-while-you-sleep-and-clubbing-you-in-the-make the beast with two backsing-head-as-you-try-to-escape-and-tossing-your-body-back-in-the-fire-you-make the beast with two backsing-prick

but that's just me, some people are more confrontational than I am

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 05:57:52 AM by Mother » Logged
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2010, 06:45:40 AM »

*choking on graham cracker. D*mn you Mom!  Smiley

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2010, 12:34:23 AM »

Hey Paper how does that RD9 fit in your hand? I've read some reviews that say the handle is a bit short. I'm looking to pick up a survival knife and its between the RTAK II, the Marine Raider(for chopping), and the RD9.

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
Turf

Awesome > Logic

« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »

Hey Paper how does that RD9 fit in your hand? I've read some reviews that say the handle is a bit short. I'm looking to pick up a survival knife and its between the RTAK II, the Marine Raider(for chopping), and the RD9.

The RD9 is on it's way, If you're talking about nutnfancy's review I dont necessarily agree with his survival blade reviews. I love the simplicity of the Ranger series and the RTAK/Esse knives....good steel with a handle slapped on the side. The handle is similar to the Rtak so i dont think length will be an issue. I'll update ya when It gets here.

I had an RTAKII and it was fantastic,  i beat the hell out of my camping/survival knives and it did great. sheath on the RD and the Rtak is shit though, get an aftermarket kydex one.

Also check out Esse knives, the newer versions of the Rtak, it's the company that had ontario make the Rtak's for them.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
JBubble
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »

Mother and I got a small set of Shun knives gifted to us...

IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »

pretty!!

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »

The RD9 is on it's way, If you're talking about nutnfancy's review I dont necessarily agree with his survival blade reviews. I love the simplicity of the Ranger series and the RTAK/Esse knives....good steel with a handle slapped on the side. The handle is similar to the Rtak so i dont think length will be an issue. I'll update ya when It gets here.

I had an RTAKII and it was fantastic,  i beat the hell out of my camping/survival knives and it did great. sheath on the RD and the Rtak is shit though, get an aftermarket kydex one.

Also check out Esse knives, the newer versions of the Rtak, it's the company that had ontario make the Rtak's for them.

Yeah, I don't always agree with his reviews either.

I want the RTAK bad but after seeing your pic of the RD9 I'm leaning more towards that. I'll give up the extra half inch in length for the extra thickness (that would be in reference to knives fellas  Roll Eyes).

Did you order yours from rangerknives.com?

2001 M750 - Sold
The Bacon Junkie
I have a Bacon Wrapped

Save the brass...

« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2010, 03:33:58 PM »

drool

pretty!!

That was my first thought, but you stole it... Undecided

Wink

bacon

I only see jesus having a sauna with a teletubbie.
I find it disturbing that you're imagining me in a sauna, never mind the teletubbie aspect of it

Save the Brass...
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »

Just got this bad boy in the mail today!!

It's the Ontario RTAK II. It's a lotta damn knife! Still waiting on the RD9.   Evil

2001 M750 - Sold
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: