Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:41:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helmet less in Connecticut  (Read 8645 times)
the ron

pseodohollageniccoumpoundcianigin

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2008, 04:51:58 PM »

I'm a H-D guy and a card carrying ABATE member who happens to like to ride speedy bikes as well.  My gear choice depends on my intended riding.  If I'm on the FXDWG I only wear a lid if the law says I have to and then it's just a non-DOT with a DOT sticker (along with a bunch of others) .

When I ride speedy I'm usually in my Vanson jacket with the GP armor and my Shoei X-11.

I know that there are unpredictable events when you are riding, but contrary to the common wisdom most accidents are the direct result of decisions (twist the wrist) made by the rider.

Of the close to 100,000 miles I have on bikes the majority is lidless. 

facsinating reply. and good point, most of the times i have a close call or the one time i did go down was due to........ you guessed it, PILOT ERROR Embarrassed

hey, welcome to the DMF.

the ron Evil

" If you were directly above him, then how did you see him?"
"...... Because i was inverted."
NAKID

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »

facsinating reply. and good point, most of the times i have a close call or the one time i did go down was due to........ you guessed it, PILOT ERROR Embarrassed

hey, welcome to the DMF.

the ron Evil

Do you wear your seatbelt?

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
the ron

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »

Do you wear your seatbelt?

no, i ejected.

the ron Evil

XTR

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »

Oh, as to seat belts, I never drive without them, even in NH where they don't require them. 

Between my wife and I:

'02 Speed Triple (Blue)
'02 FXDWG (Black, Chrome, Loud)
'91 F2 600 (red/white0
'04 S4R (Blue/white)
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 11:02:03 AM »

i am so used to wearing a seatbelt, that i feel like i'll fall outta the cage without it
Alex

2000 M900ie

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2008, 01:11:09 PM »

I've never gone above about 10 mph without a helmet. I figure that if your body is moving faster than it was designed to move (i.e. faster than running speed), you head isn't designed to protect itself anymore. It was fun though....

I'd say the danger of bugs hitting me in the face in itself is enough to make me want to wear a helmet at realistic riding speeds...

Aftermarket: RoadRacing modified under-engine exhaust, revalved 996 forks, ProCutting half-open clutch, CC triple and pressure plate, 999 clipons, BMC filter, CRG-LS mirrors, PC3, Rizoma rearsets, heated grips, +2 teeth in rear gearing, Veypor VR2 computer, MBP collets, Yoyodyne slave, Galfer waves front and rear, misc CF (mostly faded), CRG clutch/brake levers.
the ron

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 01:28:29 PM »

I've never gone above about 10 mph without a helmet. I figure that if your body is moving faster than it was designed to move (i.e. faster than running speed), you head isn't designed to protect itself anymore. It was fun though....

I'd say the danger of bugs hitting me in the face in itself is enough to make me want to wear a helmet at realistic riding speeds...

thats why i listed danger aside on the poll. i guess we all worry to much :Dthe ron Evil

DY

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 01:58:31 PM »

thats why i listed danger aside on the poll. i guess we all worry to much :Dthe ron Evil

ah hell, danger aside i would jump out of an airplane buck naked!  Imagine the sensation!  IMHO that poll is rhetorical!
DCXCV

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »

ah hell, danger aside i would jump out of an airplane buck naked!

You worry too much!!!!  You'll be fine as long as the ground doesn't hit you.  Roll Eyes

"I tend to ride faster when I can't see where I'm going. Everything works out better that way." -- Colin Edwards
the ron

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »

ah hell, danger aside i would jump out of an airplane buck naked!  Imagine the sensation!  IMHO that poll is rhetorical!

at least we are all humble here. i have been hurt Cry deweey has made fun of my quote. i am going to go to the 696 apprieciation thread and pick on them to make myself feel better. Cheesy

the ron Evil

DY

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2008, 02:30:29 PM »

at least we are all humble here. i have been hurt Cry deweey has made fun of my quote. i am going to go to the 696 apprieciation thread and pick on them to make myself feel better. Cheesy

the ron Evil

HAHA!   I just call it like I see it!

btw, You dont have to go there to pick on them.  i actually like the new 696 Grin
the ron

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2008, 02:36:51 PM »

HAHA!   I just call it like I see it!

btw, You dont have to go there to pick on them.  i actually like the new 696 Grin

but picking on them makes me feel better about myself Grin

the ron Evil

Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »

but picking on them makes me feel better about myself Grin

the ron Evil

I suggest other forms of self-worth tactics.    cheeky

Back on the topic at hand:   If I could be absolutely assured no other road user was going to hit me, I'd still go full-face.   I've been hit by too many pebbles or even large insects that leave welts through leather or knock the head back if struck just right.   It's just more comfortable for me.   

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: