Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 05:22:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Break-up Thread  (Read 6043 times)
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« on: December 31, 2010, 06:52:33 AM »

So, what got you over him? Especially when he was perfect in every way aside from his serious insecurities? Is the Duc lover doomed to love only high maintenance difficult men just like her bike?

LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

Eat ice cream, work out, cry, and ride.

Sorry to hear the news.
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:51:37 AM »

I'll let you know after I find a boyfriend (by which time I'll be 107)...... and we break up  laughingdp
Sorry to hear the news... Cry

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »

awww, BadGal, there is thread jacking and then there is pity party jacking - new level!

honestly, I think Duc lovers are doomed to love men like their bikes. I tried dating a couple of nice reliable Yamahas and they didn't do ANYTHING for me. I'd go for the vintage yamaha, but I can't date a guy that's older than my mom, it just feels too wrong!

JBubble
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »

I went through the same thing right before I met Mother. My advice is to spend some time on yourself. Like Mary said, go ride, workout, eat delicious food, enjoy life. When you're ready, take a look at yourself and make improvements as necessary. Hang in there, if you wanna talk, I'll lend an ear.

It does eventually get better.
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 11:35:05 PM »

Awww, Bub, I know! but how many Mother's are out there?

I'm actually rekindling something with the ex, the one who got me into Ducs into the first place, but am reluctant to go there since I feel like I SHOULD spend some serious time along. How much time should I spend alone? I have plenty of stuff to do! but there are also a lot of good guys I don't want to miss out on. If he's worth it, he'll wait, right?

JBubble
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »

Awww, Bub, I know! but how many Mother's are out there?

I'm actually rekindling something with the ex, the one who got me into Ducs into the first place, but am reluctant to go there since I feel like I SHOULD spend some serious time along. How much time should I spend alone? I have plenty of stuff to do! but there are also a lot of good guys I don't want to miss out on. If he's worth it, he'll wait, right?

Mother is one of a kind (has to be to deal with me  waytogo). But they are out there.

I was unsure about giving myself time alone as well but Mother actually encouraged it. We were friends first and foremost. A good guy will wait, so my advice would be to be alone for a little bit and make sure that you are emotionally good before diving into something else. I think it can be very damaging to a relationship if you haven't regained your footing from a previous one.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 05:41:37 AM »

Mother is one of a kind (has to be to deal with me  waytogo). But they are out there.

I was unsure about giving myself time alone as well but Mother actually encouraged it. We were friends first and foremost. A good guy will wait, so my advice would be to be alone for a little bit and make sure that you are emotionally good before diving into something else. I think it can be very damaging to a relationship if you haven't regained your footing from a previous one.

great advice...1 addition...do some things that might be out of your norm or your comfort zone...it is a polarizing thing that will help cement your path or show you possibly a new direction that you hadn't previously considered viable or on your radar otherwise...something that is beyond your current shell or comfort zone to shock you as it were...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:05 PM »

As I've never actually had a comfort zone... or possibly define my life be living outside it...I did the one single thing I could possibly think of that is truly outside who I am: I apologized  Grin

Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 07:00:09 PM »

go ride!

sbrguy

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »

as one ex-gf told me when we were breaking up "there is a reason its called a breakup, because its broken".  No way to sugar coat it, but if a relationship is broken for a good reason, its not like a motorcycle where you can weld/rivet or whatever, and make it as good as new.

she is now happily married and i am still single.   laughingdp  so i give her credit for finding her way.

you get through it like you get through all things in life, you just do in your own way.

good luck and go riding but only do it when you are mentally able to ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: