Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 01:23:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 265   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The DFWM say anything thread  (Read 402962 times)
Slag
« Reply #1560 on: November 24, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »

I thought you weren't 'sposed to mix stripes & plaids after Labor Day?!? Tongue

I have already been chastised about this. Will not happen again  bang head
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #1561 on: November 24, 2008, 08:03:03 AM »

I have already been chastised about this. Will not happen again  bang head

Beer foul. You owe me...

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Slag
« Reply #1562 on: November 24, 2008, 08:17:19 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA4b199lI6o&feature=related
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #1563 on: November 24, 2008, 09:07:26 AM »

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that this board has gone bonkers? Nine out of ten threads are not even bike related. Just saying.... I guess I am just an old member who knows how it used to be. I swear, this used to be a Ducati motorcycle forum. No wonder we have lost so many good folks. Tongue Maybe I should go too. Again, just saying... would it be too much to ask to keep the board based on it's original intent/format? I belong to rc51.org and zrxoa.org and they would never put up with the shit that's on our board. Maybe my time has past. This board has radically changed over the last year and I don't know if it's really been a good change. Whatever... just my opinion. As if that means anything. Tongue Regardless, have a great Thanksgiving everyone. Adios.

I think this is worth a reply.
I think it's extremely important that we ask for what we want, even if the answer might be maybe, or no, or later, so I appreciate the post.
This is "our" board, & "we" make it what it is.
As for the "good old days", this forum has only existed since May 7th, 6:42am (the fact that is my registration time is merely coincidence), so we're less than 7 months old.
Sure, at times the LSDers might go a little Willy Nilly, which might drive away a few peeps, but I think in general we have built a strong, thriving community.
I also give kudos to ourselves for self-policing. IMHO we have gone a bit far at times, but it seems to reign back in & self-correct. I know I've asked several times for posts or even threads to be deleted, & even deleted 1 or 2 of mine. Personally, I'd prefer not to have a Mod looking over our shoulders...
Now, of the threads on the 1st page, 21 are motorcycle/tech/ride related. Another 10 threads concerned social gatherings of Ducatisti. That leaves only 14 misc. threads.
Keep in mind, we're all free NOT to view a thread. Just 'cause your TeeVee has 693 channels, doesn't mean you have to watch every program.
Read what you will, contribute as much or little as you care to. Be the change waytogo

Happy Turkey Slayer Celebration to all Grin

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
pipeliner1978
« Reply #1564 on: November 24, 2008, 09:21:28 AM »

DLS, you're not the moderator?
Wow..... all those deleted posts of mine.......

cheeky
Slag
« Reply #1565 on: November 24, 2008, 09:41:55 AM »

A Thanksgiving Story
For most people, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what we've been given and savor the scents of crisp autumn days and pumpkin pie.

For some, it's a little more complicated.

One November afternoon when my daughter was in kindergarten, I picked her up after school. She bobbed out to the car and crawled into the back seat.

"What did you do today?" I asked.

She couldn't wait to tell me. "We learned that boys are different from girls" she chirped.

Looking into the rearview mirror, I could just see the top of her head. "My teacher told us that boys have a thing and girls don't," she added.

"Well, yes they do..." I said cautiously.

I couldn't think of anything else to say, so we were quiet for a moment. Then she piped up again. "That's how girls know that boys are boys," she said. "They see that thing that hangs down and they know that he is a boy."

I mentally calculated the distance home. Our five-minute commute already felt like an hour.

"Did you know that when the boys see a girl they puff up?"

My palms were beginning to sweat. "Um...well.." I was still searching for something new to say, to change the subject when she asked, "Why do the girls like the boys to have those things?"

Well I didn't know what to say. I mean, what woman hasn't asked herself that question at least once? "Oh, well...um..." I stammered.

She didn't wait for my answer. She had her own. "It's cause it moves when they walk and then the girls see that and that's when they know they are boys and that's when they like them. Then the boy sees the girl and he puffs up, and then the girl knows he likes her, too. And then they get married. And then they get cooked."

That last part confused me a bit, but on the whole I thought she had a pretty good grasp on things.

As soon as we got home and I pulled into the garage, she hopped out of the car, fishing something out of her school bag.

"I drew a picture," she said. "Do you want to see?"

I wasn't sure I did, but I looked at it anyway. I had to sit down.

There, all puffed up so to speak, looking mighty attractive for the ladies, was a crayon drawing of a great big Tom Turkey. His snood, the thing that hangs down over his beak, the thing that female turkeys find so irresistible, was magnificent. His tail feathers were standing tall and proud.

She was a little offended that I laughed so hard at her drawing, and I laughed until I cried. But when I told her I loved it - and I did - she got over her pique.

That was the end of that, for her anyway. But I'm not so lucky.. Every year I remember that conversation. And to be honest, I haven't looked at a turkey, or a man, the same way since.

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #1566 on: November 24, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »

Grin  Two Thanksgiving potatoes are hanging around on the corner outside the Ducati store ( i get the big picture here ) how can you tell which one is the prostitute ? 

It is the one with the sticker that says Idaho !!  laughingdp

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
Slag
« Reply #1567 on: November 24, 2008, 10:05:40 AM »

Picture gone  bang head
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:20:18 AM by Slag » Logged
Slag
« Reply #1568 on: November 25, 2008, 08:21:29 AM »

I just bought $80 worth of turkey  Roll Eyes

Had to be prepared in case Tommy joins us (which we hope he is  waytogo )
Slag
« Reply #1569 on: November 25, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »

Slag
« Reply #1570 on: November 25, 2008, 01:54:50 PM »

There can be only one...
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #1571 on: November 26, 2008, 05:11:33 AM »

Riding behind vehicles with live animals is foul indeed....   Tongue  Lips Sealed

Live Chickens on Trucks Could Transmit Dangerous Germs

Tue Nov 25, 11:48 pm ET

TUESDAY, Nov. 25 (HealthDay News) -- Here's something new you can worry about when traveling by car on your next vacation: Don't get too close to one of those huge tractor-trailer trucks if it's carrying a load of live chickens. It's a perfect breeding place for the transmission of germs from the chickens to humans.

And some of those germs may be resistant to many antibiotics, researchers from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health have discovered. The scientists found increased levels of pathogenic bacteria on surfaces and on the air inside cars traveling behind trucks carrying broiler chickens. Typically, broiler chickens -- scientifically called "intensively raised poultry" -- are transported in open crates on the back of flatbed trucks. These crates are contaminated with feces and bacteria.

The study was conducted on the Delmarva Peninsula, a coastal region shared by Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. The peninsula has one of the highest densities of broiler chickens per acre in the United States. The researchers collected air and surface samples from cars driving two to three car lengths behind poultry trucks for a distance of 17 miles. The cars' windows were fully opened while following the trucks.

Air samples from the cars showed increased concentrations of bacteria (including antibiotic-resistant strains) that could be inhaled. The same bacteria were also found in a soda can inside a car and on an outside door handle. Strains of bacteria collected from the cars were resistant to three antimicrobial drugs used to treat humans and also used as feed additives for broiler poultry.

"We were expecting to find some antibiotic-resistant organisms, since it's pretty clear that the transportation conditions for these chickens are not closed or contained," Ana M. Rule, a research associate in the Bloomberg School's department of environmental health sciences, said in a Johns Hopkins news release. "Our study shows that there is real exposure potential, especially during the summer months, when people are driving with the windows down; the summer is also a time of very heavy traffic in Delmarva by vacationers driving to the shore resorts."

Rule and her colleagues said further research is needed, and more needs to be done to contain bacteria associated with high-intensity poultry operations.

The study was published in the Journal of Infection and Public Health.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:52:24 AM by caffeinejunkee » Logged
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #1572 on: November 26, 2008, 05:46:02 AM »

hope everybody has a great turkey day tomorrow...and eats lots of turkeys!   waytogo  i know i will, after watching this informative video...  i know have a "great appreciation" for turkeys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8DTSPzU0RI&feature=related

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
pipeliner1978
« Reply #1573 on: November 26, 2008, 08:34:12 AM »

now i'm hungry...... thanks  Roll Eyes
TresGatos

« Reply #1574 on: November 26, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »

She's got more balls than anyone at PMSNBC Evil

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 265   Go Up
  Print