Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:34:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yuu's coming to Charlotte - July 5, 1pm at Macs  (Read 4562 times)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« on: June 13, 2008, 06:57:00 AM »

Per my other thread, I'm considering a move down to that neck of the woods.  In a not related, but handy series of events - I'm going to be spending the weekend of the 4th with my family in Pinehurst, which will make it real easy to visit Charlotte, get some boots on the ground and get a feel for what might become 'home'.

So not to clutter up the intel gathering thread - here we've got a meet up one.

Seeew if someone want's to lend a hand and nominate a place to meet up we can start to hammer out some details.

Either Saturday or Sunday will be good for me.  I'm thinking right now of coming up in the late morning, scoping things out, meet up for dinner then heading back to the parents homestead for the night. 

Someone said Mac's (?) is a good spot?

+++++++ The finalized goods +++++++

I'll be coming to Charlotte on July 5 to have a look around at houses and such to get an idea if I really do want to call Charlotte my new home. 

The plan is to hit Macs for lunch at 1 pm, so I hope to see some folks there. 

So what does Yuu look like?  I'll proably make it easy by wearing my 848 shirt or Ducati 80's polo.  Cowboy might have some recollection, since he lived in mny neck of the woods a couple years ago.  But my police APB might go - White Male, early 30s ~ 5' 11", 195 pounds.  *Short* brown hair, with some scars around left eye.  Not that I've ever had an APB called on me mind you...  ahem,

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:43:28 AM by yuu » Logged

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
COWBOY

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:14:36 AM »

Mac's would be a great spot.  It's also central to a number of areas that fit your profile and to downtown.

CWBY

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
jdubbs32584
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:14:03 AM »

COWBOY said it. Macs is the place.
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:08:22 AM »

I've been to Mac's.  Maybe the GF and I will ride down.

Please post details!!

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:27:02 AM »

OK!  I meant to do this the other day... but was too busy riding about.

My Pops and I will be heading to Charlotte on the 5th to look around.  Macs is going to be a stop on the route.  Is lunch time/ late lunch/ dinner the best time to meet up? 

I figure we'll be there though lunch time, no problem - but we might be on the hook to be back in Pinehurst for dinner with Mom by around 7pm. 

Pom - I'll also be headed your way to check out Raleigh a bit on Monday.  Perhaps we can do a 2nd meet up.

It'll be good to see some of the folks again that I've already met.  Bubble, hope you can make it, I think I owe you a beer for all the info.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
jdubbs32584
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 05:35:13 AM »

OK!  I meant to do this the other day... but was too busy riding about.

My Pops and I will be heading to Charlotte on the 5th to look around.  Macs is going to be a stop on the route.  Is lunch time/ late lunch/ dinner the best time to meet up? 

I figure we'll be there though lunch time, no problem - but we might be on the hook to be back in Pinehurst for dinner with Mom by around 7pm. 

Pom - I'll also be headed your way to check out Raleigh a bit on Monday.  Perhaps we can do a 2nd meet up.

It'll be good to see some of the folks again that I've already met.  Bubble, hope you can make it, I think I owe you a beer for all the info.

Hey yuu, lunch will work on the 5th. I'll be there and I'll see if DucPete will show up (another Charlottean who knows the city well).

Do you need directions to Macs?
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:39:04 AM »

Hey yuu, lunch will work on the 5th. I'll be there and I'll see if DucPete will show up (another Charlottean who knows the city well).

Do you need directions to Macs?

Have gmaps... will travel.  But a little local knowledge won't hurt. 

How about we say 1pm lunch - but stay tuned for updates.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
jdubbs32584
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »

Have gmaps... will travel.  But a little local knowledge won't hurt. 

How about we say 1pm lunch - but stay tuned for updates.

1pm will work just fine. Macs isn't hard to get to. Its right on South Blvd and easy to find. Should be plenty of bikes in the parking lot too. I'll get there early and grab us a table. I'm sure you'll be able to find me, I look like my hair is on fire most of the time.  Grin
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 09:47:04 AM »

...Pom - I'll also be headed your way to check out Raleigh a bit on Monday.  Perhaps we can do a 2nd meet up.

OK, maybe I'll wait to see you in Raleigh.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »

1pm will work just fine. Macs isn't hard to get to. Its right on South Blvd and easy to find. Should be plenty of bikes in the parking lot too. I'll get there early and grab us a table. I'm sure you'll be able to find me, I look like my hair is on fire most of the time.  Grin

Care if I check my calendar and see if I can make it down?  I'm sure I can turn it into a nice ride there & back ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
jdubbs32584
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 10:56:49 AM »

Care if I check my calendar and see if I can make it down?  I'm sure I can turn it into a nice ride there & back ~

JM

NO!!!! NO JM ALLOWED!!!

I keed. Come on down! If you wanna head down early we can check out the dealership if you want.
COWBOY

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 10:59:45 AM »

Sounds good Yuu.  See you there.  You have contact info - don't be shy using it if you need something while here.

Cheers.
CWBY

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 05:53:43 AM »

Ok gang - this is mostly a shameless bump - but I did update my original post.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
DucPete

07 S4R

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 04:23:55 AM »

I unfortunately won't be able to make it on the 5th.  I HAVE to be down at the beach in SC.   waytogo  Where's the sunburned smiley?

I wish I could make it.  It looks like a good opportunity to meet some M-ROCers.   This group is fairly well spread out.  And getting a large group together other than Euro bike night, just doesn't happen. 

I'm sorry you got all butt-hurt. Now let it go. Deep breath. Just let it goooo....

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. - Robin Williams
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 05:44:06 AM »

I unfortunately won't be able to make it on the 5th.  I HAVE to be down at the beach in SC.   waytogo  Where's the sunburned smiley?

I wish I could make it.  It looks like a good opportunity to meet some M-ROCers.   This group is fairly well spread out.  And getting a large group together other than Euro bike night, just doesn't happen. 

HAVE to huh Wink 

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: