Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 12:53:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Since Ed's Too Modest To Tell You........  (Read 8977 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« on: April 18, 2011, 08:18:58 AM »

...he ran his first race EVER yesterday and he WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed ran in SMRI's comepetitive Historic Vintage Lightweight class yesterday after taking the licensing class only two weeks ago.  He competed on a Yamaha SR 500 (a two valve per cylinder air cooled single).  He ran second most of the race, but when bike 124 (Troy Runck on a heavily modified CB 350 twin) retired due to a failed battery Ed was left lapping alone WAYYYYYYYYYYYY out in first place and he took the checkers by a healthy half lap!

Good on ya, Ed!   waytogo  I think, traditionally, you have to buy the  drink at the next Ducnight.   Grin
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:15:18 AM by Cloner » Logged

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:13:01 AM »

Awesome! I came all the way to Coors area but couldnt make it to the race...darn missed it! Ed- we should celebrate next weekend! waytogo

Ride forever...
Duck-Stew

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 10:19:50 AM »

Ed,

You Rawk!  waytogo  [moto]  drink  chug  applause  popcorn  bacon  bow down

--Stu Cool

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
NinjaHarHar
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 11:51:22 AM »

I was there, it was a great race!  All of them were!
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 01:04:31 PM »

Thanks Scott for the good words, past advice and for your work as Corner Marshall!   waytogo

It was a great race and it surprised me as much as anyone.   The wind and blowing dust were awful.  At one point I could barely see the rider in front of me in the turn before the grandstands.  Uglllly....!   bang head     But....it was also an opportunity to pass, as that rider slowed for the dust devil..... So, I can't complain too much. 

As I recall, it was you who planted the idea nearly a year ago of a torquey single as a race bike in the Vintage lightweight class.  You and Stu described the main concepts of such a bike over beer and food on the back of a napkin.     chug

I'm sure the next race will be interesting.  The "Cheater Honda" group has two more 50-55 hp Honda 350's with really good riders that they can throw into the race.  I'm sure they will demonstrate the fast way around the track.   ....So, I will try to learn from them and perhaps the old Yamaha will find a way....    waytogo

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
Cloner

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »

I don't think the "cheater Hondas" are quite 50-55 hp, but I wouldn't doubt 40 or a little more.  They're quite strong for 350 twins, and they're light to boot.  Regardless of their presence or absence, a win is a win! 

Now you all have a chance to come out and support the class points leader for Historic Vintage Lightweight in his 2011 campaign!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »

Ed,
You are my hero....enjoyed watching you tear it up during practice day waytogo
Scott,
This might be a good place to post or link this year's schedule so we can watch the both of you Wink
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:20:46 AM »

Congratulations, Ed. It says a lot when an older gentleman has success at a new endeavor.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
JJ

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 06:26:54 AM »

Congratulations, Ed. It says a lot when an older gentleman has success at a new endeavor.
Oho! You do not want to say "Older Gentleman"!!! especially to Mr. Ed. The last this happened was in Ouray 2010...I saw something red go by me at 160mph...Someone was on fire to prove a point... waytogo  Tongue

Ride forever...
Cloner

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 07:05:31 AM »

Scott,
This might be a good place to post or link this year's schedule so we can watch the both of you Wink

You can go to http://www.smri-racing.org/season/view.php to view the season's comings and goings, both races and trackdays.  There is a column there to tell you which configuration will be run, too, in case you want to do a Sandia track day in the new configuration.  All events will be run in the clockwise direction.

Come on out!  If anyone is interested in licensing, there is a school scheduled for April 30th (just over a week away) and there aren't enough entrants to hold the school.  If you're interested in becoming a licensed racer you should call or email Troy Runck to reserve a spot.  JJ is registered and I'm sure he'd love some company.   [moto]

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
NFJ79

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 01:00:44 PM »

Awesome Ed!  Congrats!

2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 04:54:22 PM »

You can go to http://www.smri-racing.org/season/view.php to view the season's comings and goings, both races and trackdays.  There is a column there to tell you which configuration will be run, too, in case you want to do a Sandia track day in the new configuration.  All events will be run in the clockwise direction.

Come on out!  If anyone is interested in licensing, there is a school scheduled for April 30th (just over a week away) and there aren't enough entrants to hold the school.  If you're interested in becoming a licensed racer you should call or email Troy Runck to reserve a spot.  JJ is registered and I'm sure he'd love some company.   [moto]
Scott,
Are there any dates towards the end of May or the beginning June.... also, is this a onetime or annual requirement?
Cloner

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 06:15:24 AM »

There are no other licensing schools on the schedule, currently.  I'm sure there will be at least one more near the end of the season.  The school is a one-time requirement, so once is all you need unless you let you license lapse for a long period....I think 3 or 5 years.

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Cloner

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »

Now backed up by a second in class this past weekend.

Keep up the modesty, Ed, and we'll think you're just plain shy.   Shocked

Still #1 in the HVLW class points chase!!!!

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
JJ

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »

waytogo Congrats Ed! I missed one more...but no more travel till Sept...now time to focus on track and racing and riding... [moto]

Ride forever...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: