Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 05:00:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody sick fo the Crest?  (Read 40271 times)
gratefulduc

« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2012, 06:42:22 AM »

YES I AM OFFICIALLY SICK FOR THE CREST!
MAYBE JUST MAYBE I WILL BE THERE SUNDAY
BUT FOR SURE MONDAY WHEN NO ONE IS AROUND! bacon bacon bow down bow down

'90 750 sport
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2012, 06:57:49 AM »

just still be on alert the cops are out in force now....

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Axel

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »

I ran up the crest twice today; once on my supersport and once on the Panigale. Very sweet bike! Definitely not sick of the crest!

Bikes in the stable:
'99 900ss
'03 ST4s
'09 XL1200
"Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, & his many accomplishments - still owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil & the fact that it rains".... Anonym
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »

I ran up the crest twice today; once on my supersport and once on the Panigale. Very sweet bike! Definitely not sick of the crest!
Roll Eyes Evil Did I get this right!? You added the BEAST (Panigale) to your stable? You have a Panigale that will come to Ouray...& When it does...we get to  drool and  Dolph Tongue waytogo

Ride forever...
Axel

« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »

Roll Eyes Evil Did I get this right!? You added the BEAST (Panigale) to your stable? You have a Panigale that will come to Ouray...& When it does...we get to  drool and  Dolph Tongue waytogo

I wish... it was a test ride. PJ's has a loaner now. Next year! (Maybe)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:39:24 AM by Axel » Logged

Bikes in the stable:
'99 900ss
'03 ST4s
'09 XL1200
"Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, & his many accomplishments - still owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil & the fact that it rains".... Anonym
JJ

« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2012, 12:52:38 PM »

I wish... it was a test ride. PJ's has a loaner now. Next year! (Maybe)
Well, on that note, lets discuss the Panigale on a  chug @ Ouray!

Ride forever...
Axel

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »

Well, on that note, lets discuss the Panigale on a  chug @ Ouray!

That sounds great! waytogo

Bikes in the stable:
'99 900ss
'03 ST4s
'09 XL1200
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2014, 05:11:15 AM »

OK.  Yesterday day I officially became sick of the Crest Road and street bikes on the same day.  Simply for passing a deputy sitting on the side of the road at the bottom of the hill...way before Doc Long.....at 55 in what was a 45 but is now a 35 I got a few tickets.  He didn't pull out or light up, but he pulled into the turnout up top and cited me for 55 in a 35, careless driving (purely subjective...no minimum standard required), no insurance (though I have insurance and volunteered to have Ashley bring a card), and passing on a double yellow....which never happened.  He claimed someone flagged him down earlier and told him we passed....the cars we passed either pulled right or were in double lanes.   He claimed a Ranger, who was sitting in the pullout when we pulled in, is willing to perjure himself and swear out a statement that he witnessed this pass....so our trustworthy Deputy is willing to suborn perjury while our faithful Ranger is willing to commit perjury...for a frikkin' traffic ticket!  What wouldn't these people lie about?  Oh....and to ice the cake he towed the bike because "he couldn't let me ride it away without insurance".  Again I volunteered to produce a card, which he refused, and to self tow, which he refused.  

Whatever a lawyer costs, I'll work to have this tossed.  I also intend to look into a Federal suit for violation of civil right, particularly to violation of equal protection and violation of property rights.  

Meanwhile, anybody want a Panigale with 5500 miles on it.  I'm finished with street riding for a while.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:13:58 AM by Cloner » Logged

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Duck-Stew

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2014, 05:49:01 AM »

Whoa!  Now THAT sucks.

Sorry to hear Cloner-Buddy...

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
JJ

« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2014, 11:08:20 AM »

This really sounds bad, worse than our Ouray stunt...! Sorry! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Did you get the deputy's name? There must be someone who knows this guy! You need a lawyer sure with the kind of tickets, there must be several there that will take a case like this, Jim will know one. It shouldn't be terrible hiring one, really, good luck! I'll check with few people...

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2014, 11:35:09 AM »

Wow...sorry to hear that Scott.  Angry
Give Brent a shout, he might be able to help.
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2014, 04:06:12 PM »

First of all, very sorry to hear that, Scott. I do know that, in the various jurisdictions that I've been asked to grace with my presence because my driving offending the sensibilities of some peace officer, the following are generally true:

- Tickets issued by a cop who do not actually witness the violation are tossed out.
- Even if the Ranger were to sign a statement, you (or more likely, your lawyer) can probably compel him to come to court and testify. That may act as a deterrent to him submitting such a statement.

What sucks is that  this will cost you money- the attorney, for starters. I'm not sure under what authority the deputy had the bike towed and if you can recover that. Again, in my experience, they could force you to park it and wait for the proof to arrive or you to have it towed. Then again, here in NY, where the insurance lobby helps run the state government, a cop can do a computer search and find out almost instantly if a vehicle is insured even if the driver does not have proof.

On a personal level, I'm glad for you that you enjoy racing and riding track days.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
Cloner

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2014, 09:15:43 AM »

My intent is to find the most sanguine lawyer I can find and pay him to file every suit he can think to file against the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department, Bernalillo County, NM PRC (who sets rates for involuntary towing), and anyone else he can file against.  Who knows, maybe they settle just to avoid the questions being asked in a true public forum.

The traffic lawyer is telling me he thinks he can get the whole thing tossed or get a deferred dismissal so that there is no ticket on my driving record.  We'll see.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
reverus

« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2014, 10:52:59 AM »

hey what ever happend to this man?  I saw you got your bike out but never heard about the suits
Cloner

« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »

Ya waits until the tickets are dealt with, then ya starts poking the bear.  Hearing was continued (by my lawyer) again yesterday.  I think his tactic is to push and push until Deputy Dawg doesn't show then get it tossed.

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: