Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 25, 2024, 04:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1199 Photo leak!  (Read 82176 times)
77south

« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2011, 05:56:54 AM »

Oh.  thanks for the clarification about the springs.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2011, 08:10:03 AM »

Power Delivery

_Integrated design for engine & vehicle: the new Superquadro engine is a fully stressed member of the chassis
    _Racing oriented pistons: double ribbed and RR58 alloy
    _Secondary Air System
    _New chain drive timing system
    _Slipper and self-servo wet clutch
    _New gearbox: increased dimension between shaft centers for increased strenght

That's the system I had to remove from the Super Duke to keep it from back-firing (quite loudly) every time you let off the throttle. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Raux
« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2011, 08:16:45 AM »

That's the system I had to remove from the Super Duke to keep it from back-firing (quite loudly) every time you let off the throttle. 
apparently its a backfire onpurpose in the exhaust system to burn any left over fuel for cleaner emissions
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »

apparently its a backfire onpurpose in the exhaust system to burn any left over fuel for cleaner emissions

Pretty much.  It injects "fresh" air into the engine, just prior to the exhaust port.  So basically it tricks the emission "sniffers" into thinking it's running leaner.

And I'll tell you from first hand experience, all that back-firing gets pretty irritating. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Raux
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2011, 08:22:54 AM »

Pretty much.  It injects "fresh" air into the engine, just prior to the exhaust port.  So basically it tricks the emission "sniffers" into thinking it's running leaner.

And I'll tell you from first hand experience, all that back-firing gets pretty irritating. 
thought i read after the exhaust ports
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2011, 08:23:55 AM »

thought i read after the exhaust ports

On the 1199?  Maybe.  I was speaking about the LC8 motor with that comment.

Raux
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2011, 08:43:31 AM »

On the 1199?  Maybe.  I was speaking about the LC8 motor with that comment.
i know Evil
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »

Video on the engine

So after watching that I'm wondering if this

_Secondary Air System

is the new Vacuum system they mentioned. Some special gizmo to keep the vacuum pressure in the case constant. Could still be that emissions thing like in the LC8 too... hmm
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:49:34 AM by Sad Panda » Logged

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2011, 09:51:11 AM »

Video on the engine

is the new Vacuum system they mentioned. Some special gizmo to keep the vacuum pressure in the case constant. Could still be that emissions thing like in the LC8 too... hmm

2:43

"for the first time in a ducati engine we have introduced a chain driven cam"

uhh. no..

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2011, 10:41:02 AM »

2:43

"for the first time in a ducati engine we have introduced a chain driven cam"

uhh. no..

Bet they forgot about that one.  As memorable as the Indiana waytogo
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »

Bet they forgot about that one.  As memorable as the Indiana waytogo

Which is surprising given they have a cutaway model of the engine in the Corse room.  When I went there for an investors' tour, they took us in and it was the first one on a stand to the left.  I doubt it's in that spot still, but hard to miss..

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2011, 01:00:40 PM »

Video on the engine

The size/shape/locations of the plates look just the same as the ones on the LC8, as do the fittings (seen center screen at 2:52).  I'm willing to bet this is the feature that they were referring to which allowed the cleaner emissions.  
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:03:51 PM by DRKWNG » Logged

muskrat

« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2011, 01:01:45 PM »

and the tank?  Undecided

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
zarn02

« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

and the tank?  Undecided

Is made of paper, held together by bird spit.

"If it weren't for our gallows humor, we'd have nothing to hang our hopes on."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »

Is made of paper, held together by bird spit.

It could be spit from an eagle.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: