Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:31:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone know this bike or seller?  (Read 10260 times)
WillS

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 06:31:56 AM »

we'll look the other way
teddy037.3
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »

we'll look the other way
Grin
teddy037.3
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »

blarg.

this is getting complicated.  http://www1.honolulu.gov/csd/vehicle/mvtransfers.htm seems to require a lot of things jim does not possess.

title is out of state, which is the only thing he has.

still keen on seeing if I can make this work, but I've never had to deal with this kind of stuff before. any help? am I needlessly getting worked up over this?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »

So he doesn't have the registration?  Everything else seems pretty easy.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 02:51:29 PM »

blarg.

this is getting complicated.  http://www1.honolulu.gov/csd/vehicle/mvtransfers.htm seems to require a lot of things jim does not possess.

title is out of state, which is the only thing he has.

still keen on seeing if I can make this work, but I've never had to deal with this kind of stuff before. any help? am I needlessly getting worked up over this?

You could always get this instead. 

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/2486392976.html

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 03:46:08 PM »

So he doesn't have the registration?  Everything else seems pretty easy.

nope. only title.

You could always get this instead. 

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/2486392976.html

yeah.... that's not gonna happen
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:13 PM »

nope. only title.

yeah.... that's not gonna happen

OK. No Hawaii state registration or Hawaii title. Only out of state Title?

My recommendation...... Get a photo copy of the title and then go to DMV or Satellite City Hall and ask them if this can be done and how it can be done. This absolutely must be done before any money is commited. If there is any problem, any problem at all then stop right there and back away.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »

OK. No Hawaii state registration or Hawaii title. Only out of state Title?

My recommendation...... Get a photo copy of the title and then go to DMV or Satellite City Hall and ask them if this can be done and how it can be done. This absolutely must be done before any money is commited. If there is any problem, any problem at all then stop right there and back away.

correct.

jim said he was already talking to someone at the wahiawa satellite, that he needs to get the bike weighed and someone to verify to vin to the vin on the title (maybe they'll generate some kind of notarized letter saying it's legit?).  supposed to be taking care of that this week.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »

He might also have to provide some sort of proof concerning the bikes arrival in the islands, i.e., shipping papers, or something.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »

yeah, I saw that on the website...

*sigh*

starting to think I should've just stayed the make the beast with two backs away
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 10:10:37 PM »

So go throw a leg over that beemer for shits and other associated thingies.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »

The right bike will present itself.  Patience.

teddy037.3
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 11:30:58 PM »

meh.

funny, though... the ergos on that multi felt just about perfect.  maybe that was my problem lol it gave me hope
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 01:47:45 AM »

Roll Eyes

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 12:48:36 AM »

Easier to force him to get Hawaii paperwork in his name, then do the transfer.  There's two places to get weighed, and the Hawaii inspection should verify the VIN.

I bought a boat once that had belonged to a gulf war rocket jockey who was KIA.  He had sold the boat before he left but the intermediate owner had not registered the trailer.  It wasn't possible for me to do it, period, the end.

ideally, that would've been the case... I was trying to press him on that over the weekend.  I still want to call the city hall/dmv myself anyway, just to see what all is needed. I just didn't get to it today.

is it possible that the problem you ran into was a result of the deceased owner?  I was able to contact the original (out of state) owner, and she's got paperwork to fill out on her side to send back here
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: