Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 27, 2024, 08:13:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike knocked over again  (Read 2058 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« on: September 12, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »

I get a txt from my friend telling me he saw a red bike and a blue bike making love on the floor. I ran out and find a gsxr ontop of my bike, ontop of a car.

Security guard says they got the plate and a guy who saw it. And I head over to get the info and called the police. They said i can't file a report since there was no damage to my bike. (other then a hairline scratch on my mirrors it was fine, but i wanted ot make sure the report was there in case the car wanted to take anything against me or the other gsxr wanted to take me to court for whatever reason. So i left a note on both vehicles telling them that someone backed into one bike and domino-ed into his. If he wants the information to give me a call and left my number. Several witnessess were there and i got the number of 1, who is a faculty member.

Superficial damage to my bike. Levers folding and my mirrors folded up, and my rizoma bars held up just fine. The gsxr didnt fair so well. My pegs scratched up his frame and my rearsets tore up the inside of his helmet and scratched his visor up.

the car that my bike fell onto has a nice hole from my handle bar going through it.

Now get this... turns out it was a professor at my school (specially in my own department) that backed into it and just bounced. How rude is that? could be a professor i know, or a professor i will be taking, or have taken.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »

Hopefully it's not the professor who theaches ethics...

Roll Eyes

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
MendoDave
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »

Hopefully it's not the professor who theaches ethics...

Roll Eyes

laughingdp

I'm glad your bike didn't get hurt though.
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:09:03 PM »

D*mn dude

I thought my Monster was a magnet for bad luck.

(I know it is for nails!)   cheeky

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »

Are you going to confront  him?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 12:18:28 AM »

Report the incident to the school authorities including witness accounts

glad he didn't hit you while you were on the roll and drove away

at least let his peers know he is a sh!t heel

This is an insult to the Pez community
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 03:27:54 AM »

Go to the precinct and fill out a report.  They have to fill one out.  Sorry to hear the Prof is a POS.  Not sure what to do about that, but since your bike really didn't suffer, maybe you can just sit back and watch.  Definitely make sure the other two victims know who he is.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM »

the school has a report written up already, but the NYPD wont take a report from me since i have no damages. so i left the info with the other bike and the car, so ill leave it up to them.

i know which car it is, but i dont know which professor it is. Ill find out soon enough. WHat i do depends on who he is....if he is my future professor, past professor, or just one that i will never need to take....

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 06:37:48 AM »

If the ossifer you spoke to won't take a report, then ask for his supervisor.

Whether or not there was noticeable damage, it was a HIT AND RUN accident and the act of him leaving after knocking over your bike is a misdemeanor in NYC.  I mean he could go to jail for up to 12 months for it and be fined. 

The NYPD does not get to decide which laws to enforce.  Talk to a supervisor.  Explain what happened.  As far as damage, tell him that a drop can bend a frame and if that happens, you have no way of knowing and can't get it covered by insurance if you don't have a police report.

Absolute laziness.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »

Two true stories

I observed a truck back over the hood of a parked car.  The owner called the police.  The officer refused to fill out a report.  I asked the officer if he was sure he didn't want to fill out the report since I had his badge number.  He filled out the report.

We went out to dinner.  When we came out from dinner the car was no longer there.  While my wife was calling to see if the car was towed by the city (first step in Manhattan), the car drove past us and stopped at the red light.  I walked up to the car and asked for it back.  OK, not the brightest thing to do, but it worked.  All my wife saw was the car disappear around the corner, so she called the police.  I asked for a report to be filled out.  They refused to do so since there was no damage and I recovered the car myself.  I went down to the pricinct.  They filled out a report.

Kui, get a police report!
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 01:03:13 PM »

do i go to the local area precinct?

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »

yes..

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »

All college Profs. are POS!

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »

do i go to the local area precinct?

The precinct where the incident took place. 
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 02:41:47 AM »

All college Profs. are POS!
yeah...

burn them. Tongue

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: